Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Boys hear: thunk, thunk, thunk...

A rhythmic sound and look over to see Williams banging his head on wall in an almost catatonic state, muttering, "What have I done?" over and over again

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No excuse for the fellow...he should have known.......;)

Oliver has informed Carlton he wants to play for the Blues next season.

Will only be able to proceed if Saad does not go into the PSD due to salary cap constraints.
Interesting, Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOESN'T go into the PSD due to Salary cap but Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOES go into the PSD due to trade capital constraints.

This rumour doesn't make a lot of sense to me - if Dodoro knows we can't let Saad go into the PSD he is going to stick to his guns demanding something ridiculous and if we have spent a lot of time chasing players and convincing them to come but we can't actually get them across the line it makes it hard for players to trust us. On top of that I can't see the amount we are paying Saad changing whether he goes in the PSD or not and I can't see any of the clubs in front of us taking him regardless of whether the salary is $500k or $800k a year.

Could Stocker + our 3rd be used to get Hawks 2nd? - another 2nd will be valuable for discussions/trades

If we split our 1st for say 2 picks in between 15-18. We could use 1 of those plus the Hawks 2nd to Bulldogs for their pick 12?

WARNING: Bit of Bigfooty trade coming right up

Pick 7 + 18 to Essendon
Danniher to Brisbane
Saad + Pick 17 to Carlton

Stocker + 3rd to Hawks
Hawks 2nd to Carlton

Pick 17 + Hawks 2nd to Bulldogs
Pick 12 to Carlton

Pick 12 + 2021 1st to Melbourne
Oliver to Carlton

Kennedy, JSOS, LOB steak knives in any deal when needed.

Last edited:
Fantasia to Port, Wines to Melbourne, Oliver to Carlton, Kennedy to Essendon

4 team trade

#Bluemour
Bold to be so explicity, RB! But you're nothing if not bold. Wines to Melbourne is the hardest part of that I find to believe, though if Fantasia (they've got a HUGE hard on for him) is coming, it may become feasible.

The picks surrounding this deal also make my head hurt just thinking of it... but I think we could expect our 2020 and 2021 firsts on the table.

I hope that Austin has a few early tricks up his sleeve to get in first for a few early picks (as has been suggested in deals with Hawks, Dogs, Cats) to help unlock our trade deals more easily.

We'll soon find out how good a 'finisher' our new List boss is. He can talk the talk, but will he be able to walk the walk?

Would really love to know more about this.
Why are the Demons prepared to lose Oliver? Is it an Oliver problem, or a Demons problem?

I agree, it's an interesting backdrop, perhaps it's a mutual discontent. Maybe like Saad and Williams, Oliver may not see the Demons contending anytime soon.

Players may see us as the perfect fit at the moment, able to receive decent remmuniration and the commencement of our rise

Can't help but think that Melbourne are prepared to let this happen because their demand will be Harry McKay or GTFO
Melbourne don't lose. They either hold a gun midfielder to his contract, or get exactly the profile of player they are lacking.
Picks aren't gonna get this done. And I think we are kidding ourselves to think any combination of SPS, Dow, Stocker gets it done either
Picks get it done if they can use those picks to get the forward they need from another club. Picks are currency. You can spend them.

Interesting, Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOESN'T go into the PSD due to Salary cap but Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOES go into the PSD due to trade capital constraints.

This rumour doesn't make a lot of sense to me - if Dodoro knows we can't let Saad go into the PSD he is going to stick to his guns demanding something ridiculous and if we have spent a lot of time chasing players and convincing them to come but we can't actually get them across the line it makes it hard for players to trust us. On top of that I can't see the amount we are paying Saad changing whether he goes in the PSD or not and I can't see any of the clubs in front of us taking him regardless of whether the salary is $500k or $800k a year.

The way around this would be to get the super trade out of the way and risk losing Saad - it's going to be a wild ride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole 4 way deal is concerning, never happens.

I also don’t see why it needs to involve Essendon.

if Melbourne only trades Oliver if they get Ollie, that only brings Carlton, Port & Melbourne to the table.

Carlton deal seperate for Saad & Kennedy with Essendon

Port deal seperate for Fantasia.

Otherwise Dodoro is going to have to “win” the trade. He is a facilitator in this situation as none of the big names are going to Essendon, won’t sit well with his ego

The whole 4 way deal is concerning, never happens.

I also don’t see why it needs to involve Essendon.

if Melbourne only trades Oliver if they get Ollie, that only brings Carlton, Port & Melbourne to the table.

Carlton deal seperate for Saad & Kennedy with Essendon

Port deal seperate for Fantasia.

Otherwise Dodoro is going to have to “win” the trade. He is a facilitator in this situation as none of the big names are going to Essendon, won’t sit well with his ego
And why is Wines leaving a list he stated was the best in the AFL a matte of days ago when he said he wasn't going anywhere?

I think OR's saying we can't do what we did with Martin last year ie. front load a huge deal to scare off other clubs. I'm guessing COVID salary cap restrictions are also having an impact on this, plus pending deals for H and Crippa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back