Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

So let's see if this is a WIP

Wines to Demons
Oliver to Carlton
Pick 7 and Fantasia to Port
2nd rounder to *

Does Saad become part of the trade? Interesting
Oliver is worth more than pick 7 and a 2nd rounder. In this trade Melbourne would need to get Wines plus a pick or pick upgrade. While risky, I would get Saad into this trade. We send out pick 7, pick 27, future first rounder and we downgrade a pick or two in the later rounds (eg. Our 3rd round pick for Essendon's 4th round pick). Bring in Oliver and Saad.

And why is Wines leaving a list he stated was the best in the AFL a matte of days ago when he said he wasn't going anywhere?
Because when you are employed and you don’t have another job lined up you deadpan to your bosses you aren’t going anywhere until you have done the interview and been offered the job then you blow it up. Then later you realise you shouldn’t have done that as you may need them as a reference in the future 😬

JSOS or Kennedy?
Mate would you take Fritsch in a trade for Cripps?
Carlton Supporters seriously need to get their heads out of their asses. Melbourne are in the box seat for a contracted, AA pedigree player
I'd take Fritsch + 2 first rounders for Cripps if he was desperate to go.

Judd and pick 43 went for Pick 3, Pick 20 and Josh Kennedy. Josh Kennedy had kicked 6.5 from 13 games that year. He was a touted talent but highly unproven. Judd is also a generational player, by the end of 2007 Judd had collected:
- 1x Brownlow Medal
- 1x AFLPA MVP
- 1x Norm Smith Medal
- 1x Premiership Medal (as captain)
- 2x Club BnF

Oliver is clearly a star, but he is not worth any more than two first rounds + steak knives (i.e. 2020 Pick 15, 2021 Pick 15 and Matthew Kennedy) Although, I am happy for us to pay overs to secure him. For reference however, Dangerfield was similarly accredited when the Cats traded for him in 2015. They traded Pick 9, Pick 28 and Dean Gore for Dangerfield and Pick 50. Dangerfield was a 3x AA at the time, with 1x Club BnF. Clayton Oliver is a 1x AA and 2x Club BnF winner. Therefore, I think two mid first rounders and a steak knives type player in Silvagni or Kennedy, maybe even Stocker - is more than worthwhile for Oliver.

I think OR's saying we can't do what we did with Martin last year ie. front load a huge deal to scare off other clubs. I'm guessing COVID salary cap restrictions are also having an impact on this, plus pending deals for H and Crippa?
Surely if we have to front end to scare off the other clubs we simply back end the Cripps and McKay deals? Cripps especially seems to be a player who would delay a pay day for a year if it meant we landed Oliver.

How does Saad going into the PSD affect the salary cap?
Sorry if this has been answered multiple times over, but I'm assuming if Saad goes to the PSD that we would have to restructure his contract to be heavily front loaded to stop other teams from picking him up before us, and that wouldn't leave enough meat on the bone for Clarry.

EDIT: And it WAS answered multiple times.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning not thinking about bluemours at all after the flat track of the past three days. But god damn if this isn't a wonderful surprise.

And we're off!
Racing.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams, Oliver and Saad...

"Yes, hello Sportsbet? A thousand on the Blues for the 2021 flag, thanks. No this is not a prank call. Yes I'm sober. Shut up and take my money!"

Always lid off responsibly

Oliver is worth more than pick 7 and a 2nd rounder. In this trade Melbourne would need to get Wines plus a pick or pick upgrade. While risky, I would get Saad into this trade. We send out pick 7, pick 27, future first rounder and we downgrade a pick or two in the later rounds (eg. Our 3rd round pick for Essendon's 4th round pick). Bring in Oliver and Saad.
A risky scenario but to get in motion throw all the cards on the table.

we have this and next years first, we have player x, player y. These can all go, we want Saad & Oliver, you lot work out where our pieces fall

Interesting, Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOESN'T go into the PSD due to Salary cap but Carlton only able to get Oliver if Saad DOES go into the PSD due to trade capital constraints.

This rumour doesn't make a lot of sense to me - if Dodoro knows we can't let Saad go into the PSD he is going to stick to his guns demanding something ridiculous and if we have spent a lot of time chasing players and convincing them to come but we can't actually get them across the line it makes it hard for players to trust us. On top of that I can't see the amount we are paying Saad changing whether he goes in the PSD or not and I can't see any of the clubs in front of us taking him regardless of whether the salary is $500k or $800k a year.
So we're playing 3D chess to trick Dodo into playing hardball and forcing us into the PSD!?

JSOS or Kennedy?
Mate would you take Fritsch in a trade for Cripps?
Carlton Supporters seriously need to get their heads out of their asses. Melbourne are in the box seat for a contracted, AA pedigree player

You make it sound like a straight swap.

A closer approximation would be 7, a future first and Fritsch for Cripps. Which, if he had had a falling out with the coach and players and wanted out...is a deal we'd probably take.

In that scenario, adding Saad, I think we could downgrade a number of picks across 2 years rather than just handing over 2 1sts and a 2nd

Easily tweaked

Wines + our 2nd to Demons
Oliver + * 3rd to Carlton
Pick 7 and Fantasia to Port
Port 2nd + Kennedy to *
Looks decent, but is 7 + Fantasia really enough for Wines? Seems light for Port.
What's Fantasia's worth by himself? I'd say a 3rd. Maybe late 2nd an absolute stretch.

Because when you are employed and you don’t have another job lined up you deadpan to your bosses you aren’t going anywhere until you have done the interview and been offered the job then you blow it up. Then later you realise you shouldn’t have done that as you may need them as a reference in the future 😬
Think about what anyone would do if they were in a job, and they were thinking of leaving but it wasn't confirmed? Add media attention - the player will consult their publicists and ask what they should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back