Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Looks decent, but is 7 + Fantasia really enough for Wines? Seems light for Port.
What's Fantasia's worth by himself? I'd say a 3rd. Maybe late 2nd an absolute stretch.

No doubt there would be other picks being shuffled.

Pick 7 is a decent carrot for a club that finished top 4, Fantasia is almost a direct replacement for Ebert, despite being slightly different players.

Could Stocker + our 3rd be used to get Hawks 2nd? - another 2nd will be valuable for discussions/trades

If we split our 1st for say 2 picks in between 15-18. We could use 1 of those plus the Hawks 2nd to Bulldogs for their pick 12?

WARNING: Bit of Bigfooty trade coming right up

Pick 7 + 18 to Essendon
Danniher to Brisbane
Saad + Pick 17 to Carlton

Stocker + 3rd to Hawks
Hawks 2nd to Carlton

Pick 17 + Hawks 2nd to Bulldogs
Pick 12 to Carlton

Pick 12 + 2021 1st to Melbourne
Oliver to Carlton

Kennedy, JSOS, LOB steak knives in any deal when needed.
Could we bypass the Hawks & Dogs, just split 7 with the Bears or Cats?
Send one of those to * for Saad, the other 1st and next years 1st to Dees for Oliver.

As you said, add a fringe player like LOB if required to prize out Oliver.

I think Nth would accept a late 1st (13-18) this year for Brown which also helps out the Dees in getting that trade done.

Oliver has informed Carlton he wants to play for the Blues next season.

Will only be able to proceed if Saad does not go into the PSD due to salary cap constraints.

oh my God

tenor.gif

No but we are holding out the option so he knows we can walk if needs be, if he knows we can't walk then we will be in the same spot the Swans were last year.

Somewhat different, somewhat similar

While it will make it harder for us to obtain Saad, unlike Papley, he is OOC. We may not end up with Saad, but dodo would not want to lose him for nothing, especially after stating what he thought he was worth

as much as this news excites me, i cannot see a deal getting done.

scenario 1: oliver will go to melbourne, tell them he wants to go to the blues and they'll scoff and say "good joke, get back to training pal". he will be shocked but have nowhere to turn and continue his lane handball/kicking drill. dees make the 8, maybe even the 4? oliver has a good season signs on

scenario 2: oliver will go to melbourne, tell them he wants to go to the blues, they say "yeah nah probably not there young clarry but we will chat to them". they will demand McKay + pick 7 (rightly so), we will scoff and say "good joke, get back to training lads", they will hang up the phone and jog out onto the track as requested.

If the Oliver deal relies on the Saad deal (which looks likely to involve 7), will we have picks left to deal with Melbourne. Assuming they'd be asking for minimum 2 first rounders
Use next year's 1st for Saad. Christ, if we can get Oliver, Saad and Williams through the door, back ourselves in to win the lot and Saad is only pick 18. Even a top 6 finish would value Saad about right, forgetting the talk that next year's picks are more valuable due to the draftees having exposed form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would we prefer?

oliver + saad at the expense of approx 2x 1st round picks + best 22 player

or

saad via psd + flexibility for other options ie Caldwell at cost of 1 x 1st round pick

Stocker plus pick 45 to hawks for pick 21 plus 59..
pick 21 plus 27 to wb for pick 12
pick 12 saad
pick 7 plus 1st round 2021 for Oliver..
maybe a few little tweeks but works for me...
Do the dodge try and see if you can get away with splitting 7 like has been discussed here. End up with 3 picks in the teens plus next years first

Going into a big 4 way might be the pick that gets it done.

Oliver would be an unbelievable addition; between he and Cripps we'd never lose a centre clearance.

You add Oliver, Williams and Saad to our side and we're a completely transformed unit. Extra grunt, serious run and speed on the outside...not to mention there would be an expectation that much of our improvement in 2021 will come from within.

But I can't get too excited about this just yet, because whilst I can believe that Oliver may want to come, I just can't see how a deal gets done. Wait and see.

All our picks + Kennedy on the table. No problem there.

I'm not OK with trading Stocker though. There's just no need to entertain the thought and I maintain a lot of people are jumping to conclusions on that front that are completely inaccurate.

No but we are holding out the option so he knows we can walk if needs be, if he knows we can't walk then we will be in the same spot the Swans were last year.
Can't see any reason for the club to flag to ESS via social media/press that we can't use the PSD option other than it being a red herring. Would give away too much bargain power. Unless we already have Saad sorted with them.

Surely if we have to front end to scare off the other clubs we simply back end the Cripps and McKay deals? Cripps especially seems to be a player who would delay a pay day for a year if it meant we landed Oliver.
I think you are right in normal times. But what if the AFL scale back salaries by 30% next year? If you front load Saad's contract by say, paying him $1M pa for the first 2 years, then that equates to $1.43M out of the salary cap. I'm guessing COVID may have scuttled Martin-type PSD deals. Just a hunch. Others here will know more about this than me. ND a better option IMO anyway, covid or no covid

Stocker plus pick 45 to hawks for pick 21 plus 59..
pick 21 plus 27 to wb for pick 12
pick 12 saad
pick 7 plus 1st round 2021 for Oliver..
maybe a few little tweeks but works for me...

So:

7, 27, 45, future first, Stocker
for
Oliver, Saad, 59

Think we get bent over there.

Would rather do 7, 27 and future first for Oliver and 23, then 23 and Kennedy or JSOS for Saad.

Or 7 and 27 for 13, 18 and 34. Then 13 and future first for Oliver and 18 for Saad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back