Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

I think Collingwood would not be too concerned if JDG heads off due to money. Unlike * they're handling this sensibly, they've got a price and an offer to him that they think is fair. They've looked after him through some situations and if he wants to head off after all that then he's not one they want in the club. And moving him off fixes up some of their salary cap woes in one quick fix.

It's a win win for them, either they keep a quite talented rascal on their list for less than market value or they free up cap space and get good compensation in a trade.

Would love Dunkley, and if they were keen to let him go should be a pretty easy transaction for both sides. Austin connection helps.
Should be as simple as 7, 27 to the Dogs for Dunkley and 12. Values Dunkley at 16 which is about right, gives dogs nearly 1100 needed points to match Ugle-Hagan bid. And then flick Essendon 12 for Saad which I'd say they'd take.

Incorrect plural of Latin words piss me off eg formulas instead of formulae, forums instead of fora, stadiums instead of stadia, consortiums instead of consortia. Also those who, when referring to a singular, use the plural eg data instead of datum, criteria instead of criterion.

I clicked like with my computer mice...

Haven’t heard to much about josh kelly? Is he one that’s still in play, or that horse bolted?

I’m hoping that’s our Neale trade and the club is playing it super close to their chests. To me that’s the obvious one which no one is talking about and would make each party happy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With all the latest trade goss, it sounds like the only player still possibly on the midfielder radar is Wines. And I don't see him moving. So I think we should start to get comfy with the idea of Saad and Williams being the only gets this offseason.

In a post match earlier in the season - Wines gave Voss major credit for Port's approach and attitude. Sounded to me like there was a solid bond between the two. So here's a dream scenario - get Voss as Senior Assistant, and Wines aswell.

Make it so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, if we are into Dunkley I propose this trade:

Carlton - Pick 7, 27 and 45
Bulldogs - Dunkley, Pick 13

I cbf trying to work out the points difference but it should help them immensely to cover the bid for JUH. Surprised me but the dogs don’t have a second this year

My only reticence to doing this is we only have pick 13 for Saad and that’s too much to give for him. Maybe the campaigners can throw in 41 as well....still makes me sick though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or 27 and our future 1st. for Dunkley. Then split this year 7 for Saad?

Today I wonder two things...

1. If the JDG thing has Dustin Martin vibes around it from a number of years back. Was out the door, but noone wanted him at that price so returned to the club with his tail between his legs and a smaller contract.
2. If Barbazza and a few bluemourers are pulling back a little to douse the hype i.e. our interest is getting too much publicity. I don't believe we're out of the Oliver or Dunkley race just yet - there are still weeks until it all kicks off.

Probably because he only kicked 5 goals from 16 games this year?
Don't see that as a massive problem, he contributes enough in score involvements/other areas and GWS' forward line was dysfunctional at the best of times this year. He's only 21 and we wouldn't have to sell the farm like we would others.
He is also a genuine small forward and not one we have to try and manufacture like fisher/cunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back