Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

JDG is Fev Mark II.

Fev was a dick. We all know it. He seems to have grown up a bit now, but back then he would bloody do our heads in sometimes BUT my god he made going to the footy fun!

I trust our leaders in Cripps, Doch & Teague. If they want him Fckn bring it on!!!

View attachment 981895

And how did Fev go at his second club?

JDG could genuinely be in the slammer soon... surely he signs whatever he can get now from Collingwood before his hearing.

Seems pretty delusional.

No way.

These cases are incredibly hard to prove, and this one in particular is very tenuous.

I reckon they’ll end up settling for minor damages, JDG issues a formal apology and everyone moves on.

A have a mum and a partner. What’s your point? sh*t happens, and teenagers and messy and stupid. You don’t condemn someone for life.

In this particular instance it’s actually very unclear if an assault has actually been committed. From my understanding it was more about JDG’s tone than anything physical.

The guy apologised 2 years ago, the allegations are very flimsy, and it sounds like we’ve internally given him the all clear.

I’m all for promoting a positive culture, but bringing in JDG in 2020 does nothing to compromise that.
And in all the entitled ramblings of yours I've been reading, not once have you mentioned the possibility there is a woman whose life will never be the same. Just let's forgive the bloke and forget all about it. Have a look at yourself.

No way.

These cases are incredibly hard to prove, and this one in particular is very tenuous.

I reckon they’ll end up settling for minor damages, JDG issues a formal apology and everyone moves on.
Everyone moves on. Unbelievable.

Be interesting to know JDG motivation for wanting to leave and why he wants to come to Carlton.. Obviously $ plays a key part but a player like JOrdan could get it from 15 other clubs..

I thought this one was far more serious?

Have to take all allegations seriously, but this isn’t a garden variety sexual assault case.

It’s unclear under the definition if sexual assault has occurred, but even if he’s found guilty which is almost impossible to prove he won’t be serving jail time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think guilt or innocence is the only factor to be considered. Public perception is a cruel beast. Do we want a Milne style hatred to be inflicted on the players we have got now? Especially at this point in time where we have a bit of onfield and offfield respect being slowly earned back.

I have been given the 🟢 light to ad abit more info to this..
The player mentioned above is indeed JDG. Club made the approach, player is interested and will hold conversations with Carlton after his finals campaign out of respect to his club.
Interest there. Long way to go however

#Bluemour
Really? What is the Club's stance on his charges and pending court case?
Even if the club is 100% certain he is innocent, they should be avoiding this like the plague. FMD. 'Carlton Respects' looks to be like a big farce.

JDG is an extremely talented if somewhat inconsistent player at times and has obviously behaved like a dick on occasions. He ain't exactly Robinson Crusoe there. I'm not terribly fussed if we got him or not but re the sexual assault charges or whatever they are couldn't we just write into any contact that if he's found guilty/pleads guilty the club can tear up the contract and show him the door. If he signed such a contract we could be pretty sure there isn't much to the allegations and covers the club if there are. Not sure of the legalities of such a clause. Obviously wouldn't get back what we had to give for him is the real potential down side but as I said doubt he would even consider such a clause if there was truth to allegations.

Last edited:
Amazing how morality goes out the door, when faced with the prospect of adding a player that has had not 1, but a number of indiscretions

Then, they bemoan culture
But, but
The ringgggg
must havesss itttttt

And in all the entitled ramblings of yours I've been reading, not once have you mentioned the possibility there is a woman whose life will never be the same. Just let's forgive the bloke and forget all about it. Have a look at yourself.

Classic response.

Let the court take care of it, and leave the virtue signalling and shaming out of it.

You have no idea what has occurred, yet you’re more than happy to project into the mind and life circumstances of the accuser.

Have to take all allegations seriously, but this isn’t a garden variety sexual assault case.

It’s unclear under the definition if sexual assault has occurred, but even if he’s found guilty which is almost impossible to prove he won’t be serving jail time.

So if he is found guilty, but doesn't serve time it's okay then?

Fev was a dick but he wasn't a bad guy AFAIK. He was immature and has now grown up. I wouldn't say the same about de Goey.

As Dominator_7 said in the old thread, if de Goey comes to the club, the whole "Carlton Respects" campaign goes out the window. It loses all credibility and looks like a publicity stunt. It can't happen.

But, changing the subject, does anyone know what's up with Liam Stocker. I had big hopes for him in 2020. Thanks for any news.

My 2 cents on the JDG rumours. There are only two plausible reasons behind his supposed interest in the Club:
1. Those in the JDG camp are leaking false info to the media to maximise his next contract at Collingwood (most likely)
2. Collingwood genuinely believe his pending court case will bring about severe consequences and they are keen to capitalise before it is made public.

In all honesty, I can’t see any reason why JDG would be personally keen to join us unless he feels heavily shortchanged by Collingwood’s offer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be interesting to know JDG motivation for wanting to leave and why he wants to come to Carlton.. Obviously $ plays a key part but a player like JOrdan could get it from 15 other clubs..

Money, longer contract, more clarity with his role. Been a consistent theme with this off-season’s nominees.

Wouldn’t be too surprised if he was getting some outside advice to make some wholesale changes. He’s got a history of indiscretions at Collingwood, identifies with it a little bit and wants a clean slate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back