Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Can't believe so many here want to bring JDG to the club, when for the last week we've all been laughing at Essendon for what Shiel, Smith, and Stringer did to their culture. Bringing in talented players means **** all if they have a bad attitude.

And fwiw, would absolutely pass on Carey and Ablett Sr., don't care how talented they were. Plenty of other all-time greats who didn't assault people.

8303549.jpg

Still has that new thread smell....

No, just no, it’s not because I’m a virtue signalling flog or don’t believe in the Law taking its course, it’s because I am the father of a 9 year old girl.
Please help me with the mental gymnastics or lobotomising I need to undertake to change my mind!
Cheers cc
👍

I'm not keen on JDG. Think he's a great player but he has a bit too much baggage for my liking.

Don't need any bad influences around our young group. Not sure the players will take to him either, knowing all that is happening with JDG.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Boys will be boys
fu** sake
I’m not coping with this thread. Someone ban me before I get in big trouble.

Ddi2eHVU8AERCZ6.jpg-large-1024x1024.jpeg

JDG is a very good footballer. He may be innocent. He may be guilty.

We've come too far to take the chance. We have 2 teams in our club. #GameChangers matter. Half of our supporters are women and we have done a power of work to bring them back/in since we had a league low of 27% female support 5 years ago.

I'm going to stand beside our female players and supporters and not compromise principles to win football games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All players should be applying pressure but it's generally the smaller types who excel in that area.

From all reports Kemp will start his career behind the ball.

Would make sense, given those we have delisted already.

Where do we find a small forward then? We rather lacking beyond Eddie, that's if he plays next year.

Last edited:
Imagine this. Carlton v Collingwood in next years granny. Hypothetically, player XYZ, a noted matchwinner, has been convicted of sexual assault, and given a non-custodial sentence. He is either (a) playing for Collingwood on around $800k annually, and they win the flag, (b) playing for Carlton on around $800k annually, and we win the flag, or (c) ineligible to play AFL due to the nature of the conviction (and the better team on the day wins).
Where are you most comfortable? For me it's (c). The AFL should take the lead and determine that persons convicted of certain criminal offences are ineligible to play in the AFL competition, for at least five years or perhaps life. Why should our peak industry body not show some leadership on important social issues? Leaving it to individual clubs is a cop out.

Imagine this. Carlton v Collingwood in next years granny. Hypothetically, player XYZ, a noted matchwinner, has been convicted of sexual assault, and given a non-custodial sentence. He is either (a) playing for Collingwood on around $800k annually, and they win the flag, (b) playing for Carlton on around $800k annually, and we win the flag, or (c) ineligible to play AFL due to the nature of the conviction (and the better team on the day wins).
Where are you most comfortable? For me it's (c). The AFL should take the lead and determine that persons convicted of certain criminal offences are ineligible to play in the AFL competition, for at least five years or perhaps life. Why should our peak industry body not show some leadership on important social issues? Leaving it to individual clubs is a cop out.
This is almost too darn intelligent for this place :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back