Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Sam Edmund said some interesting things on SEN this morning:

-De Goey one month ago was leaning strongly towards Carlton but things may have changed slightly due to Williams and Saad nominating

-Carlton has cast a wide net this year with Williams Saad Oliver De Goey and others

If that is true, it would appear JDG is more interested in getting the maximum money than success.

Sorry didn’t mean it to come across offensive, was just commenting or expanding if you like that the motives weren’t really a mystery.
All good bro no offense taken at all just sharing a bit of info and mine is line with latest rumour re JDG long term deal offered by us around 6 years and he wants in ... so who knows ...

All good bro no offense taken at all just sharing a bit of info and mine is line with latest rumour re JDG long term deal offered by us around 6 years and he wants in ... so who knows ...
Appreciate it, I was only half concentrating when reading these posts as I was busy watching my Lakers win another Championship 👍🏻🏀

Players I'd be happy for us to be asking the question about:

GWS - Hill, Daniels
GC - Miller, Sexton
Collingwood - Phillips
Richmond - Higgins
Essendon - Zerk-Thatcher (contracted until 2021 and would be very much a required player but I rate him)

I'd be asking about 2MP as well.
Our talls of Harry, 2MP and Charlie would be unstoppable.

Teague doesn’t rate Dow, will be traded, we’ll probably take a third rounder at this stage.

I don’t agree - but this what I’ve heard.

I guess has had 3 years to show why he was a Pick 3, and hasn't. Probably has the problem of being in the same team as Sam Walsh, and being compared to him.

I guess has had 3 years to show why he was a Pick 3, and hasn't.

Being injured for most of this year and then only able to Mickey Mouse games in the 2’s, this year is a write off.

He showed enough early to keep him another year if all we’ll be getting is a third rounder. Effectively not losing anything by keeping on a very high end pick.

I’ll be incredibly disappointed if we accept that for him this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So breaking down Barbazza's tweets ...

Not happening ...
JDG (we said no for a variety of reasons - Maybe if he had the "core values")
Merrett (doubtful)
Wines
Hunter
Dunkley

Still working on but unlikely ... Oliver (30/70 difficult to get done)

Crippa will re-sign before the end of the year. Harry will sign on too. :):)

Looking at one or two more to come in. 500k - 650k mark. "Bargains" (not sure if it is a bargain on money or trade collateral). GWS, GC, Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond are the possible trade partners.

Higgins possibly.

We will trade pick 7.

We were interested in Brodie about a year ago. Probably not so much now.

So we are not getting another A grade mid RIP
It seems improbable now that we will not recruit another a grade player, or at least break our wrists doing so.
By this do you mean we will get 1 more or we wont get any other A graders and will get a filler player?

Players I'd be happy for us to be asking the question about:

GWS - Hill, Daniels
GC - Miller, Sexton
Collingwood - Phillips
Richmond - Higgins
Essendon - Zerk-Thatcher (contracted until 2021 and would be very much a required player but I rate him)
if thats the list, then i would be pulling up stumps and going with internal growth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being injured for most of this year and then only able to Mickey Mouse games in the 2’s, this year is a write off.

He showed enough early to keep him another year if all we’ll be getting is a third rounder. Effectively not losing anything by keeping on a very high end pick.

I’ll be incredibly disappointed if we accept that for him this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah i'm not sure I would want us to let him go yet, especially given how long we have allowed others to stay on our list. But he will have to show quite a bit in 2021, otherwise the club may have no choice but to trade him.

Makes me feel even more confident the club is in safe hands with Austin passing on JDG and not getting sucked into his hype/potential.

Williams & Saad are not just big names, but seem like guys who fit US specifically very well for what we need and the style of play we want for 2021. Both are competitors which is something Teague constantly mentions in his pressers, wanting players that compete and prepare well. JDG does not fit that description.

Makes me feel even more confident the club is in safe hands with Austin passing on JDG and not getting sucked into his hype/potential.

Williams & Saad are not just big names, but seem like guys who fit US specifically very well for what we need and the style of play we want for 2021. Both are competitors which is something Teague constantly mentions in his pressers, wanting players that compete and prepare well. JDG does not fit that description.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back