Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
So whatever ESS get from Brisbane/Geelong can be the change to 8, or we deal with the other club.
Of course until a deal is actually done they can counter any move we make "in theory".
Might need to get creative with another club?

If we have been in discussion with Geelong and they have agreed in principle, then surely they wouldn't trade with Essendon at the last minute. It would cause bad blood over a pick that Geelong are likely to have to give to GWS anyways.

ummm, yes? You can't see that? We offered a player of theirs 3 million over 5 years.
What's the recent history of trading where an uncontracted player has requested another team specifically?
Or does this only relate to us because we're Carlton & we're dealing with Dodoro? Would you say the same thing if we were dealing with another team?

Should we have given Sydney whatever they wanted for Papley? Should we have given GC whatever they wanted for Martin? I don't think you can costly say those deals didn't get done through a trade because we were being unreasonable, can you?

The part that annoys me is that the list management team knows full well how much of a pain * are to deal with yet they continue to chase their players and put themselves in a position where they need to overpay to save their image. As if the Papley mess wasn’t enough, they go back to the same well a second year running.

Saad made the mistake of choosing to go to that jail in the first place. Not sure why we have to do everything to bail him out especially when we just got Williams and have Newman/Willo /Doc as other HBF options. Would prefer Oliver if we need to overpay to get someone in.

Essendone have decided that pick7/8 + is the price for an FA. The FA's own management suggested that the PSD /draft was an option - and now we hear from someone that the Club feels it 'needs' to pay pick 8 after being really tough on not handing over a first round pick player so as not to demonstrate 'bad faith' with player managers and other players - reads like amatuer hour to me- and exactly what I was expecting to see when SOS was kicked out...

absolute RUBBISH.

This sets Carlton up to 'have' to overpay for any player that nominates us.

Liddletown express everyone on board the choo train....

ummm, yes? You can't see that? We offered a player of theirs 3 million over 5 years.
No they don't.

Saad has already said that if the 'stains decide to be dicks about it, he's happy to come via the draft. So please provide the list of clubs you think will take Saad before our Pick 8 in the draft.

If that's the case it just shows people don't understand trading or doing deals....

It needs to be looked at holistically, players see it and say, ok I am confident nominating Carlton they will get the deal done.
Why do you think Oliver hasn't publicly nominated us yet?
To clarify, I’m not going to hammer him, just feel that others might...

Is this the attitude the Blues need?

Geelong reportedly thought it could snare Coleman medallist Jeremy Cameron without having to give anything up after offering the left-footer a five-year deal worth around $900,000 per season.

If we have been in discussion with Geelong and they have agreed in principle, then surely they wouldn't trade with Essendon at the last minute. It would cause bad blood over a pick that Geelong are likely to have to give to GWS anyways.
You'd think so but if ESS are offering 7 for the same deal we offer 8 it's hard for them to proceed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the recent history of trading where an uncontracted player has requested another team specifically?
Or does this only relate to us because we're Carlton & we're dealing with Dodoro? Would you say the same thing if we were dealing with another team?
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, and I'm not sure how much clearer I can be. So perhaps we just leave it......

Can't believe the gall of asking for Pick 8 + a S22 young player.

For an A-mid, yes.

And uncontracted Saad, no. No, no, no, no.

The unreasonableness of that, even as a starting offer, is unfathomable.

He's uncontracted!! UNCONTRACTED!!!

Papley totally different, and Martin still got to us.

If the status quo is that ESS believe they are dictating the trade and our club buy in to this notion, I have serious concerns about our management and their negotiation skills.

Essendon is the common roadblock in all this. Essendon and their fanciful management.

We'll see what happens...

Think Essendon are capitalising on the growing sentiment we can't get deals done, which carries a hell of a lot of irony after last year's shenanigans.

The club needs to broker a move to get rid of Pick 8 to another as soon as the trade period starts. Being behind in negotiations before the start of trade week isn't necessarily a bad thing - we knew from the outset Essendon would be tough to deal with.

No use blinking. Saad isn't worth as much as Essendon are trying to extract - if the deal isn't done for a reasonable pick we once again go through alternative channels to grab him.

There has been a lot of work done by Carlton, Saad and his management team to talk sense into the Saad deal. They’ve talked it down from 8 + (one of our under 22 year old first rounders) to working around us getting some change from Pick 8.
It’s at a tricky impasse at the moment. Daniher getting band 1 compo means any offer we make to split our pick 8 with Geelong or Brisbane can now be trumped by Essendon. The club is acutely aware of how negotiations went with Papley and Martin last year, and there is growing sentiment that when you convince a player to come, you need to make sure it happens smoothly, otherwise there are fears players and managers won’t want to work with us in the future.
As it stands the deal will have pick 8 going to the bombers with change yet to be agreed upon.
This is weak from the club, they should just stand firm offer 2 seconds or try and get dogs pick 13. Why should be be bending over for the bombers. If Saad is the only thing that we are bringing in what is the rush on our end? The bombers are going to need to get the Saad deal done as currently they have 1 first that they can trade. If they are interested in Caldwell and Dunkley they need us more then we need them

Damn, that's some f’ed up culture at the Pies. Gotta feel sorry for Treloar.

That is ridiculous! What culture are they trying to instil there.

Jesus! Really really feel for Treloar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back