Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well your loss, it was some riveting reading :sick:
If you go listen to the show today, Damo sure did lead him to water and SOS chose to drink :thumbsu:

No worries, I'll probably go back to it but seriously, everything SOS says or does is well considered. I can't ever see anyone leading him to anywhere that he doesn't want to go.

Oh no that old chestnut. Lets play out the facts. Dodoro has already landed Devon Smith, Shiel Stringer. He has had more success in landing the big fish than SOS. So am I to assume this is because of his reputation with player managers? We have been dealt with a sh*t sandwich and all you are trying to do is add mayo to conceal its taste.
Gotta admit, it does seem like a limp reason for yielding to Dodo's demands. I thought that we're now attracting quality players was because we are now a destination club with a bright future, and a young list.

Curnow was ???, 2nd and 3rd in 2020, 2019 and 2018 respectively. Anyone believe an opposition will give up a top 10 pick for him ??? .....
In a sh*t side. Let's not pretend he would have gotten top 4 bnf at Richmond or Geelong.

Why not? Saad was close 3rd behind Ridley and Merrett.

After all, the much touted McGrath was 5th and the even higher rated Shiel was 10th....

A bit disingenuous of SOS to rate Saad @7/8 after knocking him back 3 years ago for peanuts I would have thought - maybe trade radio could point that out to the SOS and see what he has to say about it ...

Why take the risk in doing it again though.
What if a player nominates us in 2021, and in the back of their mind we might have to walk them as well.
SOS even said that you have to prepare the player for the prospect of being walked to the PSD.
I'd rather just do the deal, and get the player that we want.

Must admit you've won me with your consistent argument - you / this view also expressed by others win the rational argument hands down no questions asked imo - I agree ith it.....if we want the player who cares pick8 can be argued to be a good deal.

but....but.....BUT!!!

tbh honest I dont really rate Saad as highly as most on here do and I dont care if this is at odds with the recruting /coaching staffeither...

I'd much prefer to get Oliver in if at all remotely possible and that woudl mean using pick *

it is the only 'but' I can justify.

also Essendone.

With Tom Browne (I know, I know) reporting the best Pies might be able to do is pay 300k of Treloar's contract and get a 2nd rounder in a trade, would this work?:

Carlton -
In: Treloar, Saad
Out: Pick 8

* -
In: Pick 8
Out: Saad, Fantasia

Port -
In: Fantasia
Out: Pick 28

Pies -
In: Pick 28
Out: Treloar

We could throw a 3rd rounder Collingwood's way if need be

I don't think Saad is in that class of the 3 you mentioned, in that he doesn't have that short kicking game. Giving up pick 8 without a latish 1st coming back would be overs. I think we play finals next year, with or without Saad.

I get the feeling that supporters and maybe even the club, are now becoming impatient

Let's see how this plays out, in the now and next few years

I don't think the club are getting impatient at all.

This has been the plan all along.

Then pick 8 with only a 2nd coming back is overs

Austin needs to be creative, plenty of teams that need more points or want to get to the pointy end of the draft
Does Saad make us better in 2021 - yes.
And i'm sure Austin is doing everything he can to get the best deal for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of us can say.

But IF Saad comes around, it is hard to see how Polson would be required.
Polson - HBF back up #20.

Doc, Willo, Newman, Saad, Williams, Plow, SPS, Marchy, Newnes.

If we secure Saad, Polson is surely much less required than Kennedy, for example?

KPD - to replace Jones? Yes, but can wait another year comfortably. McCartin as a KPD? Is anyone f'n serious? He was barely cutting it as a KPF injuries notwithstanding.

If Ben McKay proves too difficult, Jarrod Lienert might be gettable. I havent had a great look at him but he seems solid, uninjured. Just cant break into a Prelim quality side. Hed be reasonably cheap.

To me it makes sense. If we ask a player to nominate us then the onus is on Carlton to make to happen. If that is overs then that is overs. I am sure SOS has overpaid at some time. If we want Saad then we have to pay. I use to worry about picks and where they fell but when we look at the draft history, its a lottery. We want Saad he is going to make us to make us better, get it done. 8 with something back.
The issue is we WONT get anything decent back from *.
Pick 42 is their next pick, then 61. No Way.

I don't believe SOS would do that deal if he was still in charge. Maybe he is helping his mate Dodoro out. Maybe he is proving a point about the nerves of steel a List Manager must have to not go outside their preset parameters.
There's no way SOS doess that deal ..
Can't wait to hear what Austin reckons .

Simple. Offer pick 8 to Geelong and Brisbane. First in best dressed gets the deal. If Essendon trump us with one of them, we deal to the other. There’s many ways to skin a cat, including trading for futures with another team. Make no mistake, if Austin trades 8 for Saad and anything that doesn’t turn the value of 8 into a 15-22 range, then he’s blinked.
If Ess trump us and split their pick, they can trade us for 8 with a first coming back. They can choose which one.

If Ben McKay proves too difficult, Jarrod Lienert might be gettable. I havent had a great look at him but he seems solid, uninjured. Just cant break into a Prelim quality side. Hed be reasonably cheap.

Wasn't Jack Payne's name floated around here at some point.

A bit disingenuous of SOS to rate Saad @7/8 after knocking him back 3 years ago for peanuts I would have thought - maybe trade radio could point that out to the SOS and see what he has to say about it ...

Must admit you've won me with your consistent argument - you / this view also expressed by others win the rational argument hands down no questions asked imo - I agree ith it.....if we want the player who cares pick8 can be argued to be a good deal.

but....but.....BUT!!!

tbh honest I dont really rate Saad as highly as most on here do and I dont care if this is at odds with the recruting /coaching staffeither...

I'd much prefer to get Oliver in if at all remotely possible and that woudl mean using pick *

it is the only 'but' I can justify.

also Essendone.
I share same concerns. I think (hope really) that Saad will have better coaching and better targets compared to the stage managed crap they dish out.

My main issue is that key puzzle pieces like ZacW and Saad will take more than a shortened pre-season to settle in, build chemistry, and become part of what the other players gave her building for 4+ years.

In the meantime we the supporters will get frustrated and the f'n media will pile it on.

Having said that I also think that bubble life would have been the perfect platform launch for 2021, and everyone strap yourself in!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Actually don't hate the idea of McCartin as a delisted free agent. Obviously massive doubt surrounding his mental and physical health, but when playing, he could provide great injury insurance for Charlie or Harry. Worth a free hit if we fill our other list deficits IMO.
Go listen to the interview he gave on tv about how he is completely ****ed and can't think straight because of all his head injuries. He said it himself.
A big NO to the bloke.
Needs to go and get himself a real job like the rest of us.

I don't think the club are getting impatient at all.

This has been the plan all along.

I doubt the club was planning this exact scenario

Does Saad make us better in 2021 - yes.
And i'm sure Austin is doing everything he can to get the best deal for us.

No one is questioning if Saad improves us, but that is separate from currency you give up

One of the things 43 has identified which is being underappreciated here is our reputation with player managers.

SOS left us in a bad state here with the Gibbs, Papley and Martin non-trades.
Did he? Did he really?

Can you confirm that, please? Demonstrate this for me unequivocally, before just arbitrarily declaring it so.
Player managers will be wary of recommending us as a club if we are constantly dragging out deals, haggling and leaving players hanging.
Player managers constantly seek the best deal for their player, and are more attracted by a) what the player wants and b) the amount of money from which their percentage is drawn. Player agents, therefore, do not give a shit where their player goes or what is paid for them or how lengthy or difficult the trade is.

So, no.

Saad is worth a late first (15 onwards).
In a bidding war for his services, perhaps. Out of contract, after nomination?

Nope.
As long as whatever comes back to us covers that gap I can live with it
That's nice.

Some incredible melts in here.

All this will be forgotten when Saad is smashing it off half-back playing consistently good footy for us. Years of failure have seen many of our supporters become obsessed with high draft picks, and with “winning” other off-field elements of the game, like trade week.

For all we know Austin may be targeting players that could be drafted early or very late (mature ager or two?). In such an instance it really doesn’t matter where your picks fall. Regardless I feel like he is really going to try and make our late picks work, unlike his predecessor.
We have had an abundance of top pics for sure . Don’t devalue a 19 to 25 . Could be a champ .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back