Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my last post for the year.

We had a 1st round pick which is essential to get quality mids - which we need. What did we do with it? We diluted it to get a HBF,

I'm old enough to remember when we got Dorotich. Kernahan. Bradley and Motley in a single year.

Light-weight compliant management at this Club.

Rip it up! Even Saints with $20M in debt is recruiting better than us.

Absolute BS that they didn't get a quality mid this year and then step up with Merritt next year.

The objective is to win a flag not just to improve the list.
Brown paper bags not allowed in the soft cap anymore. Plastic is too transparent. See you next year.

Several clubs have inquired, including the Pies, but LOB is a required player and not going anywhere. Things can change but extremely unlikely.
Someone told me that someone said that the filth offered a future third for LOB.

So if Collingwood come hard at LOB, surely we do the deal.

I know he's rated reasonably well by the club, but we're reasonably well stocked for gut running mids and wingers.

Walsh, Williams, Williamson, Newnes, Gibbons, Martin, Fisher, Cunners, Newman, Cottrell all with time on their side. Ed and Murph still deserving of games. There's plenty to work with.

I'd love Lochie to burst into the side and perform, but if there's a club looking to pinch him it's probably good list management to cash him in. If it gets him senior games too, then it's the right move for him.

How much do we think the Pies would pay for a contracted young former Pick 10? Would we get Pick 16 in this draft, given its nature?

I'd probably be happy for us to kick in $100k of his salary next year too, if it convinces Collingwood to pay a premium pick.

So if Collingwood come hard at LOB, surely we do the deal.

I know he's rated reasonably well by the club, but we're reasonably well stocked for gut running mids and wingers.

Walsh, Williams, Williamson, Newnes, Gibbons, Martin, Fisher, Cunners, Newman, Cottrell all with time on their side. Ed and Murph still deserving of games. There's plenty to work with.

I'd love Lochie to burst into the side and perform, but if there's a club looking to pinch him it's probably good list management to cash him in. If it gets him senior games too, then it's the right move for him.

How much do we think the Pies would pay for a contracted young former Pick 10? Would we get Pick 16 in this draft, given its nature?
Pick 50 at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he did BB; but that’s neither surprising nor shameful. Dodoro is a far more experienced operator, and that showed up. I’m sure Austin, and by extension CFC, will be better for it in future.
We got what we wanted, Saad. Not bent over. We paid overs but, we got what we needed. Not wanted, needed. We chased, we pay. I get the OOC stuff but that is the system. Until OOC players are free agents in the truest sense (unlikely to happen) these situations will continue. Would you want a first for Doc?

I have no doubt Williams will be a good player for us - a huige improvement on at least one Club hero being nursed to a milestone, thats for sure. Wether he is as good in midfield as he is at HB - remains to be seen I am confident.

If at worst he’s a great hbf‘er we don’t have much to complain about

I don't want to labor on the point because the deal is done but the news coming out on Trade Radio & Fox Trading Day say Essendon will trade pick 8 to Collingwood (who are supposedly desperate to get into the top 10) for pick 16 & next years first rounder. Surely not!

Agree in principle, in that the deal for Hewitt wont require LOB to be traded.
however LOB will be back of the queue, probably needs to move for opportunities if Hewitt came in.

Why are we looking to move LOB on when we have the likes of Moore, Phillios and Polson on the list? Based on the media?

Seems that most clubs' supporters aren't really happy right now for one reason or another except -

Brisbane - Just took on Daniher and Cockatoo and still have two late first rounders in hand.
Saints - Out-bluffed Adelaide with BCrouch and still have Higgins wanting in.
Port - Probably

If noone is happy it usually means the balance is right..

Brisbane just took in two of the most injury prone players in the comp.

I don't want to labor on the point because the deal is done but the news coming out on Trade Radio & Fox Trading Day say Essendon will trade pick 8 to Collingwood (who are supposedly desperate to get into the top 10) for pick 16 & next years first rounder. Surely not!
Who cares. Good on them. That’s a speculative investment in response to our known current investment. Start thinking baggers. Forget the emoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back