Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not overly unhappy with the outcome or Austin per say. But I think it’s important to be honest in summing up our performance. AFL draft and trading is part of our game’s competitive environment. We paid overs. We could have handled the trade differently and performed better; importantly it’s more than reasonably likely that with SOS at the helm we would have performed better than we did. The bloke who Jake Niall referred to as holding a Richmond passport publicly underpinned his decision to replace SOS on the need to improve LM efficiency; and by consequence performance. That hasn’t been the case; he was wrong.

Now we move on
I disagree with the premise that this period is part of the competition. I believe it is purely a transactional opportunity to improve lists. There is no imperial measurement of winners and losers, just subjective analysis of transactions, players, LMs, PMs, players...
The only imperial, bottom line evidence is played out on the ground, not on Zoom or in boardrooms. We got what we needed, done.

I disagree with the premise that this period is part of the competition. I believe it is purely a transactional opportunity to improve lists. There is no imperial measurement of winners and losers, just subjective analysis of transactions, players, LMs, PMs, players...
The only imperial, bottom line evidence is played out on the ground, not on Zoom or in boardrooms. We got what we needed, done.

The only measure is the next flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon the only thing that potentially stops that eventuating is his body.

Seems to have the ability and the attitude, so if he can stay fit he'll give it a fair shake.

Something Wells said in an interview about Fogarty - he laughed and said something like ' he doesn't lack confidence'. Maybe a little cocky ????

I caught myself doing a fist pump watching his highlights.

How’s the repeat efforts, tackling and clean hands! That good. Raw effort. Love it.

Well done team.
Contested ball player like Lachie Neale. Doesn't accumulate like him though

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well yes. But have we considered whether or not Doc was early in dealing with it? From what was revealed, it sounds to me that he was.
Yep and I hope you are right and I expect Doc to be ok and play for awhile yet. But I reckon the club would have considered the slight overs worth the insurance

I don’t want to be a downer but it was a malignant cancer.

Cancer is always malignant. You can have a tumor that is not cancer thus not malignant. The reason people with testicular cancer can recover quickly is if the cancer is "encapsulated" in the testicle and cancer cells have not spread. In these cases you need no chemo / radiation etc as all of the cancer cells have been removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cats players must be playing for pittance though,to squeeze so many top players in?

That is a big issue. If a club is consistently entrenched in the top 4 and in the premiership window, players will play for less money. The whole exercise with our rebuild was that we wanted to be an established finals team. "One off" teams like the Dogs never got into the situation where players play for less and free agents come.

The difference between Willo and Saad is that Willo hits lasers that land on a dime. Saad is inconsistent with his ball drop because of how much he can weave and lean to move into space, as well as how far he will tend to carry the ball before disposing.

If I were coach, I would feel Willo is someone I would be comfortable with in that advanced position, well over Saad and Walsh. Walsh would generally make great decisions and should be able to compensate for his floaters, while Saad will generally buy himself space, but fluffs are few too many I50 entries.
80% disposal efficiency he can't miss that many though .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back