Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a look at the Cripps thread I am on the first or second page wondering why we didn’t pick him. He was the dynamic key forward we needed.

Still feel dirty for that one.

All good.. i remember being filthy we didn't draft Serhat Temel.

Never said he was.

Just that there is an odd infatuation with what players can't do, rather than what they can do and can do well.

Dow struggles defensively but he doesn't have to excel in that area to be a seriously good footballer at AFL level.
Let's flip it. What can Dow do better than others in the side?

Pretty sure this was already posted, but FMD - 5th, really? Port get Aliir x 2 and Fantasia - 3rd. Cats trade 3 firsts for Cameron and are above us (arguably their ins are considerable, though). Crouch and Higgins are okay, but Williams and Saad are far greater inclusions - St Kilda 2nd?

Can't argue with Dogs at #1 for picking up Treloar for cheap and getting Martin cheap to help English. Not a clear runaway winner though.

I'd have had us close 2nd tbh but then again, I'm fairly biased.

Martin in 34 next week.

Doesn't say, maybe.
1aca5e3ea867d2de112ce1e2cd6e3822.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's just from wikipedia, which is currently wrong.
Most likely it will start on Wednesday 9th, but as yet no confirmation.

Let's flip it. What can Dow do better than others in the side?

I think his contested ball work is fantastic.

For mine there aren't too many better at the club when it comes to inside craft.

Edit: Also has terrific vision in tight and an ability to get the ball to team mates via hand. And of course, that burst of pace from the contest which very few have, and from which the comparisons to Dangerfield arise.

Last edited:
Andrew Collins. The God

He was once resurrected in a fourth quarter to win the match back in 1BC (1 year before he joined Carlton)....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the Mcarthy idea, as long as he is mentally committed. We need back up KPF and he won't cost much. What is his application like?
only a couple of pages long. Likes to travel, enjoys walks along the beach and cool drinks with umbrellas.

I like the Mcarthy idea, as long as he is mentally committed. We need back up KPF and he won't cost much. What is his application like?
Seems to have several issues of which desire and application are at the top of the lacking list. Freo board mentions an issue with epilepsy and medication as well.

McCarthy or McCartin surely makes sense on a cheap contract given injury concerns for Charlie. What happens if, god forbid, that Harry breaks down? Need some form of insurance. Could even rookie them.

If Lennon was there we would have taken him, ahead of Cripps.
Good thing Richmond 'spoiled' things for us and took him @ #12.

McCarthy could have been OK, but any of what he had..........just hasn't been there for some time.

Just goes to show though...Richmond stuffed up first round picks with Lennon, Ellis & giving us 19 for Yarran who didn't play a game in the years just before their premiership run. They found winners at later draft picks, trade and mainly culture/game plan to enter an era of dominance.

No to McCarthy because he doesn't work hard enough and isn't professional...which is why Longmuire cut him along with Hogan and Matera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back