Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You’re a comedian. Neither get a kick at carlton. Fantasia lol. Hasn’t played a gd game of footy since 2017. Aliir I’ll give you but still doesn’t improve port. They’ve got plenty like him.

Who said anything about Carlton?

Both get a game at Port if fit.

Who are the 196cm athletic talls Port has on their list? And how many of them can play back, forward and ruck if needed?

Fantasia in for Motlop? You wouldn't play him ahead of Gray or duursma

Fantasia needs to get fit first.

Rate him very highly but we haven't seen him anywhere near his best for what, 3 years now.

Ebert retired, Gray isn't getting any younger, whilst Motlop, Farrell, Woodcock, Sutcliffe all featured at senior level in 2020.

Certainly wouldn't play him ahead of Duursma, but you chuck him forward so that Duursma and in particular Rozee and Butters can move up the ground and have a more prominent role through the midfield.

Yeah, he does
Who does he replace?
He isn't rucking.
He isn't better than any of Jones or Weitering, down back. Even Marchbank for that matter.
He isn't as good of a forward as McKay or Curnow.
He is at best level with McGovern JSos or Levi. However im taking McGoverns X factor and JSos versatility ahead of him.

Who does he replace?
He isn't rucking.
He isn't better than any of Jones or Weitering, down back. Even Marchbank for that matter.
He is at best level with McGovern JSos or Levi. However im taking McGoverns X factor and JSos versatility ahead of him.

Kidding yourself

He plays anywhere down the spine

With Charlie out, he would be our 2nd best key forward, is a better ruck/round the ground opinion rather than Pittonet anf cank play key back or 3rd tall defender ahead of Marchbank

Great sign him to another 3 yrs 😉

unpopular post but I actually feel for Bucks with what’s happened at Collingwood.
Not only dealing with poor list management but also Eddie and he’s enormous shadow over club decision making. He’s a good football person Bucks.
Grown to like him over the last few years.

The filth can still GAGF’d though!

Yeah I don’t get the port 8.5/10. Aliir and Fantasia are sh*t footballers. Fogarty ranks higher. The other two inclusions for us are A graders. Geel fair enough to tie but have away a fu** load for 28 year old that had a sh*t year. Could be downhill from here for him. He’s not got the size to smash his defensive opponents. Weitering and jones will smash the pair at geelong. Happy for saints (just) and dogs ahead of us but st. Kilda could still fu** it up from here. Theyve topped up too soon like the bombers in 2017/18. Crouch won’t add anything but slowing down their midfield movement. Higgins is sh*t and has the body of a 3rd grade local footballer.
Tell us what you really think. Pulled no punches here. Like it.

Kidding yourself

He plays anywhere down the spine

With Charlie out, he would be our 2nd best key forward, is a better ruck/round the ground opinion rather than Pittonet anf cank play key back or tall defender ahead of Marchbank
I’m with DJ on this one. I’ll give you a fit Fantasia, if there ever is one. Aliir is flawed, does some good things but Swans let him go for a reason. I can see why an undersized Port want him, but absolutely does not make “any“ team better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell us what you really think. Pulled no punches here. Like it.

Also gotta say, Arr0w on this occasion I disagree with you. Aliir is a good football player but I and most others wouldn't take him over our current back talls. Not sure he's as good a forward as back. I'd probably still rather Cas and 1000% Harry.

So to the original point, Ports inclusions are far inferior to ours. But they're not half bad. 8.5? Nah. I'd give them 7. Though they gave half the teams a 5 for showing up.

I’m with DJ on this one. I’ll give you a fit Fantasia, if there ever is one. Aliir is flawed, does some good things but Swans let him go for a reason. I can see why an undersized Port want him, but absolutely does not make “any“ team better.

Let's see how that pans out next year

Get the feeling that if we added Aliir for a 2nd rounder, commentary would be different

Who does he replace?
He isn't rucking.
Realistically Allir would be going head to head with Levi for the utility KPP role, Allir is the better defender while Levi is the better forward, it'd come down to the coaching staffs preference for coverage.
Allir is better than JSOS and more consistent than McGov.

Get the feeling that if we added Aliir for a 2nd rounder, commentary would be different

Wouldn’t have been impressed if we gave up a 2nd. Backup required, that would have been overpaying for our current circumstances.
DFA Daw would be more palatable on our picks with the same versatility. Jury out on his injuries though.

Who does he replace?
He isn't rucking.
Allir is a reasonable swing man and was specifically recruited to replace the HOFF. He would make the Grade at many clubs and even though we dont have need for him he would have made best 22 a few times during the season.

Like to see way more of him before commenting. But we don't have a pressing need and academic anyway

You're kidding yourself

Aliir and Fantasia would improve any of the 18 clubs
Not sure Fantasia was the smartest pick up by Port. They have Motlop, Duursma, Gray, Amon, Farrell and Rozee all capable of playing the same role, yet lost Ebert, have an ageing Rockliffe and Boak and a potential wantaway Wines next year. Mids will be a problem for them not small forwards.

I’d have him for a second rounder as he’d be great backup/good chance for third tall defender role. He’s a completely unproven forward (5 goals at the age of 27) and I’d prefer Casboult to him any day of the week as a forward/ruck option. Would be every chance to win the third tall role as I’m certain they want Plow on mid and small sized forwards from now on.

Not sure Fantasia was the smartest pick up by Port. They have Motlop, Duursma, Gray, Amon, Farrell and Rozee all capable of playing the same role, yet lost Ebert, have an ageing Rockliffe and Boak and a potential wantaway Wines next year. Mids will be a problem for them not small forwards.

Butters, Duursma, Rozee will spend more time through the middle

unpopular post but I actually feel for Bucks with what’s happened at Collingwood.
Not only dealing with poor list management but also Eddie and he’s enormous shadow over club decision making. He’s a good football person Bucks.
Grown to like him over the last few years.

The filth can still GAGF’d though!
I agree but I was surprised he allowed myochek play after being knocked unconscious the following week
I know doctors would have cleared him but just didn’t feel right to me
I perceived It as a desperate coach I was surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back