Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the main reasons he got grumpy at Essendon, they played him as a lock down defender this year when his go is run and carry.

Pretty sure we've told him run and carry all day long mate.
Which is what makes the whole thing for mine, we are paying for what he did at Essendon but we want the player he was while at the GC. I don't know about the rest of you but i'd have rather given up pick 8 for him then then now the only benefit to getting him now is his value is overinflated due to playing at a big vic club for 3 years.

Next year we’ll have Willo, Saad and doc running out of the backline. Plow playing lockdown, weiters and Jones taking the talls.

SPS more time on the ball with Zac.

Shaping up nicely.

And keep LOB - at 21, his run and left foot has lots of development left. Great kicks are few and far between.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. You're talking about a player who's played 35 games as an undersized mid in his first two seasons, and due to covid hasn't had a run of it in his third year.
2. Players take time to work their way into the system and punch out some strong performances. Not everyone is Matt Rowell or Sam Walsh. Having said that, LOB has still shown he has what it takes to make it at the top level.
3. If you're a supporter of the Carlton Football Club, have some respect. There is no need to refer to young players as spuds. You're not cool for lambasting him, or others, if anything it shows your character, or lack thereof.
I don't agree with most of what you say, i havent seen what you have seen. However I'll refrain from calling one of ours a spud. Ill chose my words more careful next time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don't but Lloyd seems to believe we are fresh out and I am inclined to believe it given we know Williams is on minimum 800k to trigger band 1 compo and Saad was offered 650k by Essendon and we beat that.

My concern was we have gone too early and for the wrong parts. Last year going for a mid/small forward was a better help to our team then 2 hbfs, our trouble this year was mostly disposal going forward and our ability to hit the scoreboard we defended well enough.

I feel like we should have waited until we were at least playing finals before loading up to make that final jump, none of Richmond, Geelong, Hawthorn spent millions chasing players from other clubs when they hadn't played finals.

Not sure why you keep eluding to 2 half back flankers, when William's has shown he can and will play through the middle

We have taken and tracking similar to the Lions, who most thought they over paid for Beams and Cameron

Next year we’ll have Willo, Saad and doc running out of the backline. Plow playing lockdown, weiters and Jones taking the talls.

SPS more time on the ball with Zac.

Shaping up nicely.

And keep LOB - at 21, his run and left foot has lots of development left. Great kicks are few and far between.

Agree knobhead

Pankaj

Why don't we offer O'Brien for Phillips straight up.

Collingwood clear their cap and best case O'Brien develops into another Phillips

We get what we hoped O'Brien would turn into now.

He looks like he is, but he isn’t. It’s a lovely style but I’d say error prone.

Elite runner, neat skills, no breakaway pace. Won’t play in 2021 . Trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I tend to agree. I think LOB's key problem though is that he's not comfortable in the heat of the kitchen, in AFL. It is unforgiving and you can't have trepidation. I think he feels the heat even when there isn't much, whereas good players feel little heat when there is plenty.

Can he overcome this?....maybe. He's only young. But it is more likely he won't imho.

I bet LOB is a magnificent kick on the track......but in the heat of matchday at AFL level, i think his mind speeds up, when good player's minds speed down.

I'd trade him if there is anything semi reasonable available in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why we got Austin who was at Richmond when they got all there good late and rookie picks, if your not happy fair enough but we hardly got robbed with the Saad and Fogarty trades and as others said they were pretty much done together as an overall package not in isolation so shouldn’t be viewed as such.

8, 30, 51, 87 before trade
—-38, 48, 78 Saad and Fogarty

So we gave up 8 and a 8 place downgrade on 30 but gained places on our other 2 picks, Austin did fine and we got Williams as a FA. 👍
Getting Fogarty for nothing doesn't really change the fact we just gave Essendon a free leg up to Cup 17 by overpaying for a HBF. Picks 6, 7, 8 is a really strong foundation to rebuild from and they already have half a team, we have set them up to be a contender in the not too distant future IMO.

It’s Collingwood who’re Black and White, Matty11!

(actually, if I take out the apostrophes, . . . no I will leave it at that!)
I’ve really enjoyed your posts over the last few months RB. The limericks, rhymes and cryptic posts have added a bit of spice. I don’t understand them all but I bloody love them 😂👍 Hopefully you’ll bring the same this time next year.
I’ve been up to date most of the day, but fallen ten pages behind.

Not sure why you keep eluding to 2 half back flankers, when William's has shown he can and will play through the middle

We have taken and tracking similar to the Lions, who most thought they over paid for Beams and Cameron

How many games has Williams really played in the midfield?

Was it just that run late 2019? If so club would probs figure him with more time there.

That’s a shame- I didn’t think it was that hard.

. . . the either/or ultimatum from Matty is black and white.

We’re not black and white (Navy Blue).

Sometimes things are cryptic or grey.

There’s an old story of a positive person who only receives horse manure as a gift but is ever optimistic- Hoping it will lead to a horse (surely, he/she/they think).

I’m on a chair. You want a bag of a chair? WTF?

Don’t worry I did get what you implied.
I’ve just gone back and read this over again but I have a weird interesting feeling it could be related to Ollie Wines?? 🤔

Nick Austin on 3AW just before was asked if that was it for Carlton for trade period.

His response was "you never say never", then backtracked saying 'that is it for us'...hmmmmmm :think:

Gee! From this, I could imagine how he (Austin/Agresta) looked at the Saad deal.

"A deal wasn't working around pick 8, so we were thinking of sending our future first round to * for quite some time. We decided at the last minute to use pick 8 again for Saad, but perhaps we should have used our future first to bring him over'.

o_O

I won’t lie, I’m a little disappointed with the outcome.

I was really expecting Austin to land all of our targets without using any of this years or next years picks.

He failed :thumbsdown:

He can make it up to me by selecting Tanner Bruhn with Pick 38.

Our 1st pick was always going to be needed to get the job done. Its just the swapping of later picks that needed to be agreed upon.
We got our man, he'll make us alot better in 2021 and it gave us time to complete other deals as well.

Hence why we got Austin who was at Richmond when they got all there good late and rookie picks, if your not happy fair enough but we hardly got robbed with the Saad and Fogarty trades and as others said they were pretty much done together as an overall package not in isolation so shouldn’t be viewed as such.

8, 30, 51, 87 before trade
—-38, 48, 78 Saad and Fogarty

So we gave up 8 and a 8 place downgrade on 30 but gained places on our other 2 picks, Austin did fine and we got Williams as a FA. 👍

Imagine this was say 2015 and we had Pick 1 and Pick 8.

Dodo would have stuck to his guns and asked for Pick 1 - in the end we end up giving Pick 8 and we'd all be on here celebrating.

I tend to agree. I think LOB's key problem though is that he's not comfortable in the heat of the kitchen, in AFL. It is unforgiving and you can't have trepidation. I think he feels the heat even when there isn't much, whereas good players feel little heat when there is plenty.

Can he overcome this?....maybe. He's only young. But it is more likely he won't imho.

I bet LOB is a magnificent kick on the track......but in the heat of matchday at AFL level, i think his mind speeds up, when good player's minds speed down.

I'd trade him if there is anything semi reasonable available in return.

At age 21, with the skills you said, I’d keep him for another year.

There’s more upside to keep than trade for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

While they have slightly different attributes, their effectiveness are similar at a similar age.

I get the premium with Saad, but I wouldn't call him elite. If we use him in a different way, it could be more beneficial to the whole
he is Elite 4 line breaking , run and Carry and rebound off the half back flank however and that's what we going for._. And he's the best type for the Style of game our coach wants to play._. Also Fantastic For Docherty because they are unlikely to sit on both with defensive forwards in any 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back