Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going to be another hard day for Collingwood.
Anderson did nothing to put the club in a better light and Buckley will be on after 9a.m.

Club is backed-up into a corner swinging without purpose.
Buckley spoke 1 million times better than Anderson or Ned Guy..

A little bit of honestly goes a long way.

Maybe you’re right... but maybe many would have said ‘somewhat preposterous’ if after Simmo’s first 3 games that someone else expected he would play 350+ after doughnuts in disposals at that stage. Someone or more than one saw something in him.

I see some things in Dow that are elite. Walsh is a gun because he works hard and he has belief. But he doesn’t have elite speed or an elite kick. He is just super committed and consistent at everything. He is a soldier. He is a leader.

Give Dow that belief and I think he could be a star. But that’s just what I see in him.

Just shows you that a big heart and strong mind can overcome a lot !
Let’s hope Paddy has both

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...*****-knightmare-espn-two-round-phantom-draft

45. Carlton - Conor Stone
Height, Weight:
188cm, 81kg
Profile: Stone is a medium forward who kicked five goals on debut last year for Oakleigh. He does his best work on the lead inside 50 and enjoys taking on opponents with his run and carry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Joseph

Took G Ablett Jr out behind the bike sheds that day. Well deserved.

Exactly right.

Remember when the commentary team spent a week or two ripping into Fyfe because he doesn't work hard defensively?

They gave up when they realized he won the games for his team regardless.

He is no Fyfe.

If he is only going to get 10 touches a game he needs to be able to impact the game defensively.

A less talented player who runs and chases hard will get a game over him. Ed Curnow has made a career of it.

All that being said, I’m sure the coaches are working with him on this and hopefully within time he will be the player we all hope he will become.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can't say that about too many current Richmond players unfortunately.
Pretty much every last one of them looks like they're out for blood*.

* Except Jack Riewoldt, who look like he's out for frees.
Totally agree. Their manic desire to hunt the ball or ball-carrier is why they have won 3 flags in 4 years.

He is no Fyfe.

Never said he was.

Just that there is an odd infatuation with what players can't do, rather than what they can do and can do well.

Dow struggles defensively but he doesn't have to excel in that area to be a seriously good footballer at AFL level.

Really good players make everyone around them play better - we were lucky with Walsh as a new player he is exceptional...but eg SPS/Dow/Cuningham lacked enough on field depth to help them accelerate development...

I think the hidden benefit of Saad/Williams/Martin - will be that they in combination lift the rebound and between the arcs 'connectedness' of the side - Dochwertyy nenefits because if he cops a hard tag - Saad is freed, Cripps benefits as does Walsh because if they try and double team these blokes- Williams gets a free run...and so on...

all of a sudden blokes with genuine leg speed or acceleration - wont have to wait for slower players to get a move on and can start running better lines - knowing that a Saad or Williams or Martin will see them and goive off properly...cripps wont think he has to win ball and run 20 meters anymore he will be able to look for genuine run in Williams or some unmarked bloke liek a Dow or Walsh to give off too...

We haven't had that sort of outside run and smarts for years - I expect the team's on field skill and run to improve very quickly from here...and the proof will be how much easier it will be to actually score - the side has made very hard work of doing that for years now - that will change. I see Carlton as being one of the more exciting teams to watch in 2021.

Never said he was.

Just that there is an odd infatuation with what players can't do, rather than what they can do and can do well.

Dow struggles defensively but he doesn't have to excel in that area to be a seriously good footballer at AFL level.

I know what you are saying, but running and chasing, especially as an unproven young player, is a non negotiable in my opinion.

Just look at Richmond. Most of their team plays hard defensively. No surprise they win premierships.

I also agree he doesn’t have to excel defensively, but at least become average. I suspect his tank has a lot to do with it however.

Buckley spoke 1 million times better than Anderson or Ned Guy..

A little bit of honestly goes a long way.

Much better, whether he meant what he said or not.
Why Anderson came on in the morning though, I'm not sure.

He was just about as unprepared as Ned Guy was. I wasn't a great 'episode' from a CEO.
Buckley did what he could to patch over some of the cracks, but it's not his job to speak on behalf of the club, in regards to this matter.
Anyway, Some supporters may be glad just to have heard from him.

Pretty sure this was already posted, but FMD - 5th, really? Port get Aliir x 2 and Fantasia - 3rd. Cats trade 3 firsts for Cameron and are above us (arguably their ins are considerable, though). Crouch and Higgins are okay, but Williams and Saad are far greater inclusions - St Kilda 2nd?

Can't argue with Dogs at #1 for picking up Treloar for cheap and getting Martin cheap to help English. Not a clear runaway winner though.

I'd have had us close 2nd tbh but then again, I'm fairly biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back