Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not looking forward to SOS being on Trade Radio. I’d actually just prefer SOS to shut up.

You made some pretty horrendous decisions along the way, mate. Don’t throw stones now.

Keep your integrity and legacy in tact and don’t go down this path.

It can’t make things easy for JSOS too.

He is entitled to his own opinion mate, as much as we don't neccesarily agree with them.

I never listen to Trade Radio anyway, it's just another grubby money making machine for Hutchy and Croc Media.

The only element that makes Trade Radio entertaining is the nuffie Trade suggestions and ideas callers and SMS text messages send in. Been some real delusional pearles suggested over the years (I just read their Twitter account from time to time)

Won't lie...
I'm disappointed that we have gone through this whole long drawn out process,
just to come out the other side a Voss as coach...

But he does possess that hard nosed approach, at demanding effort and hard work that I was wanting...
Also has coached his own team, which was the brief... So if he is the man I will give him my full support...

Be interesting to see who our assistant coaches will be, we are running out of options...
All that went for the job are contracted and majority of the big names have signed with other clubs already...

Anyone have any ideas?

Seems like the Herald Sun are more excited than the supporter base about Voss being appointed...

Anyone else just feel like it's history repeating....Another 2-3 years languishing in the bottom 10 with a hopeless coach
I feel it’s more like it’s just been a wasted 2 years with Teague. when could of just appointed Voss instead Teague back then.

I’m not looking forward to SOS being on Trade Radio. I’d actually just prefer SOS to shut up.

You made some pretty horrendous decisions along the way, mate. Don’t throw stones now.

Keep your integrity and legacy in tact and don’t go down this path.

It can’t make things easy for JSOS too.

Couldn't agree more. Does not surprise that SOS disapproves of the Hewett trade. He's durable, hard, tough, fit and plays with ticker. McGovern and Martin types are poles apart.

Seems like the Herald Sun are more excited than the supporter base about Voss being appointed...

Anyone else just feel like it's history repeating....Another 2-3 years languishing in the bottom 10 with a hopeless coach

In fairness the supporter base has a terrible track record with coaches.

People were keen for Ratten to get sacked for Malthouse (changed after they saw the result of that).

Supporter base was excited for Bolton because it wasn’t a typical ‘Carlton quick fix’.

People were then keep to get rid of Bolton and the ‘Teague Train’ was all in vogue.

Perhaps the supporter base not being enamoured with our new coach is a good thing consider past history.

Yes, but I also experienced them when I read we'd appointed Cook...
That's totally understandable; I also felt tremors when I read he committed to us. I experienced the more serious magnitude vibrations when I first heard of his predecessor's exit; things around me shook.

He is entitled to his own opinion mate, as much as we don't neccesarily agree with them.

I never listen to Trade Radio anyway, it's just another grubby money making machine for Hutchy and Croc Media.

The only element that makes Trade Radio entertaining is the nuffie Trade suggestions and ideas callers and SMS text messages send in. Been some real delusional pearles suggested over the years (I just read their Twitter account from time to time)

Not sure what makes a money making radio 'grubby'. Don't all commercial radio stations/shows exist to make money?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t need him to be adding the negativity in the media or elsewhere at the moment. Positive vibes from Carlton Greats, please.

Why have a selection panel, go through a process, come up with the preferred candidate only for the CEO to veto the work of the panel? Why not just have the CEO pick the coach?

This is not uncommon. The panel is there to recommend, but not make the decision. No different to the panel that was formed to perform the review. The board and the CEO ultimately has the right to make final decision.

Won't lie...
I'm disappointed that we have gone through this whole long drawn out process,
just to come out the other side a Voss as coach...

But he does possess that hard nosed approach, at demanding effort and hard work that I was wanting...
Also has coached his own team, which was the brief... So if he is the man I will give him my full support...

Be interesting to see who our assistant coaches will be, we are running out of options...
All that went for the job are contracted and majority of the big names have signed with other clubs already...

Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe I’m just trying to console myself, but I am starting to come around to the idea of Voss as HC. He certainly wasn’t (and still isn’t) my number one choice, but as you say I do think he will bring the toughness and standards that this team needs. The number of times we seemed to be underprepared for the occasion under Teague was just infuriating, and while the rant and rave approach does not seem to be the way to go in the modern era I know MV would at the very least have them ready for the game.
If the rumoured assistants (Scarlett, Lappin, McQualter, etc) do come on board I believe the match day strategy and readiness would be night and day compared to the team under Teague.
While I doubt Voss is the name we were hoping for when this search began, I am not as downbeat about it as I was a week or so ago.

I dunno, if Voss is only just coming to town today I find it pretty hard to believe that it's all but confirmed he'll be coach as has been reported.

He may well be the man to come out on top, but feels premature to say that the job is basically his.

Maybe he's here for the press conference announcement in the coming days and it is decided already??? :think: :think:

Why have a selection panel, go through a process, come up with the preferred candidate only for the CEO to veto the work of the panel? Why not just have the CEO pick the coach?

Because the panels recommendations form part of the CEO's decision 🤦‍♀️

Who knows what the actual process is and what step they're actually up to.
Also does the board need to approve even after CEO makes his choice?

I got the the impression from listening to SOS on trade radio that the club moved away from the rebuild plan in a number of areas.

Gave the example that SPS was recruited as a forward-mid and was played out of position for 2 years. Then said when he got a go in the correct position had 34 and kicked 2 against the Dogs. Now he is at a loss trying to determine his value because of compromised development, although says SPS has to own it.

Looks like there was a lot of division about what the plan looked like!

CB

or maybe he's covering his backside for a potentially poor draft selection? There's always more than one possiblity

how long have you been president of the cheer squad? might be time for a break........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back