Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why have a selection panel, go through a process, come up with the preferred candidate only for the CEO to veto the work of the panel? Why not just have the CEO pick the coach?

Wasn't that the issue with the old CEO, that he didn't stay in his lane?

The only reason he'd veto this surely is because of a threat to the organisational reputation which I'm sure would've been covered by the selection process.

E.Quake might be the one to get the job. He's certainly put some much needed rumble into the place...lol.
Mmm. Commanding voice and visible presence. Might be an aftershock, but he's a real chance.

Last edited:
If Voss gets the job I would really love Jaymie Graham to be one of the assistants. Very highly rated and great tactician

Wasn't Mansfield one of the first player cook sacked back in the day
we gave up pick 31 (?) to get him - they used it to procure triple premiership utility paul chapman...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't lie...
I'm disappointed that we have gone through this whole long drawn out process,
just to come out the other side a Voss as coach...

But he does possess that hard nosed approach, at demanding effort and hard work that I was wanting...
Also has coached his own team, which was the brief... So if he is the man I will give him my full support...

Be interesting to see who our assistant coaches will be, we are running out of options...
All that went for the job are contracted and majority of the big names have signed with other clubs already...

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm the same -- 5 long necks a couple of JD and coke on top of a lettuce sandwhich for lunch and I'm ready for the Hulk .. was going to join the swans but I will stick fat

The only thing here is that Voss would have had Liddle as CEO, instead of now Cook. I think having Cook makes a massive difference. One could run with all sorts of hypotheticals (including what if Teague had someone like Cook instead of Liddle). But I think that if it's Voss, it's far better he start with Cook than Liddle.
Trigg was doing what

I am really warming to the idea of Vossy coaching us. He Will be hungrier than ever for success and would have learnt so much in his coaching journey thus far. Hoping he can reinvent Cripps and others like he did with Wines.

Also if Cook and Parkin select him this is good enough for me and I will be all in.

Hopefully the wait is nearly over and bring on the trade period.

Me too. I trust Parkin, Diesel, Sayers and Cook
This is just an uneducated guess but maybe one of the key criterion was to set the standards, build the culture, drive continuous improvement...MUCH MORE than tactical nous (which you can get from assistants)...Caracella at Richmond for example
Personally, we need to sort out the culture first...the other stuff comes later
No team has just won a flag because their coach employed a super duper gameplan (it helps I know)...but they win a flag because they believe in the gameplan and understand the proceses required to implement it...thereby allowing the results to look after itself
Welcome the VossWagen

Of course the media wants Voss, controversial choice, name value, not Clarko or Lyon so it's a "surprise".

Plenty of juicy questions about what it's like back as a head coach etc.

It's good business for them

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm just passing on pieces of information that I get told, I don't always like what it is, but if I believe the source I share what I can.
I post them here, in the Bluemour thread so that others can discuss and corroborate.
I don't make up blatant lies to feel important. I'm just another passionate blues fan who cares to much about a club that has only caused me pain for as long as I can remember.
If you have heard contrary to what I said, please let me know in a decent manor. If you would not like so see anything I post, please ignore me. But if at all possible, don't attack me as an individual.

A superb, heartfelt and balanced reply to the nasty naysayers, 43. Most of us appreciate the tidbits, and understand the spirit and context in which it's given. And we enjoy the, mostly, good natured discussion it generates. Even when we disagree. Or it ends up differently.

And to the haters, bullies, potters, trolls and nasty keyboard warriors - here and elsewhere - you can be happy in the knowledge that you're simply pitiful and insignificant non-entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back