Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it’s more like it’s just been a wasted 2 years with Teague. when could of just appointed Voss instead Teague back then.

We could of just appointed Voss before Bolts as well. Good chance Voss is a better coach than then however, and developed and learnt more, so there's always that.

Definitely premature. We were told yesterday (fact, according to the Ian Prender Cast, not rumour) that Kingsley would be presenting to our selection committee today. He might even be doing that in person. I suspect the committee might be keen to get Voss to present in person just because they can (i.e. he is travelling in the permitted direction).

And so, at the risk of sounding like a professional idiot... "lots to play out here".

We were also told yesterday, that Kingsley was told thanks but no thanks.

We could of just appointed Voss before Bolts as well. Good chance Voss is a better coach than then however, and developed and learnt more, so there's always that.
The only thing here is that Voss would have had Liddle as CEO, instead of now Cook. I think having Cook makes a massive difference. One could run with all sorts of hypotheticals (including what if Teague had someone like Cook instead of Liddle). But I think that if it's Voss, it's far better he start with Cook than Liddle.

The only thing here is that Voss would have had Liddle as CEO, instead of now Cook. I think having Cook makes a massive difference. One could run with all sorts of hypotheticals (including what if Teague had someone like Cook instead of Liddle). But I think that if it's Voss, it's far better he start with Cook than Liddle.

That's an interesting thought. Voss may have performed better and achieved finals. Liddle keeps his job and all the issues bubbling in the background for several more years.

Yep, agree 100%.

I'm still a bit amused by all the Voss haters. 99.9% would never have met the bloke but are doubting the panel and Cook...

If he makes it through the panel, twice as is rumoured including today, and Cook grills him and ends up giving the thumbs up, we should jump on board and support him 100%.

Last edited:
I’m excited by the prospect of Carlton in 2022. Voss by himself not so much however I believe the whole coaching group when all said and done will be the best we have ever had. Even going to upgrade my membership.

I’m not keen on Voss, but am trying to be positive. It‘s going to be his assistants that are key. He needs a great opposition scout and strategist on the team. With the right people in place, Voss may just bring his triple premiership swagger and killer attitude the way Lethal did to the Lions. Double down on that with Scarlett and who knows what happens.

Why have a selection panel, go through a process, come up with the preferred candidate only for the CEO to veto the work of the panel? Why not just have the CEO pick the coach?
Why have real estate agents go through all those applications and choose the best to show you for your rental properly if you just veto their best option?

Because most of the time the owner won't veto the best option and if they do that's fine too. They'll then look at preference number 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the Herald Sun are more excited than the supporter base about Voss being appointed...

Anyone else just feel like it's history repeating....Another 2-3 years languishing in the bottom 10 with a hopeless coach
Mate, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this forum is usually full of venting coming into this time of year, but you have done nothing but whine for the last 2 days. We get it - Vossy not a Fav. Well you are just gonna have to suck it up if he's made coach, or jump ship to another team.

Seems like the Herald Sun are more excited than the supporter base about Voss being appointed...

Anyone else just feel like it's history repeating....Another 2-3 years languishing in the bottom 10 with a hopeless coach

Feel the same. Can't believe the experience of 5 failed years is the deciding factor that gets you over the line.

Although if we are 4-0 after 4 games I'll jump on the Vossy bandwagon...hahaha.

I'm still a bit amused by all the Voss haters. 99.9% would never have met the bloke but are doubting the panel and Cook...

If he makes is through the panel, twice as is rumoured including today, and Cook grills him and ends up giving the thumbs up, we should jump on board and support him 100%.

Shouldn’t be bemused. None of know him so we can only base our opinions on the available data. The available data is a fail in Brisbane, and multiple senior coaching rejections since. He might be great, but if that is the extent of knowledge for most of us, then no wonder we are not jumping for joy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's an interesting thought. Voss may have performed better and achieved finals. Liddle keeps his job and all the issues bubbling in the background for several more years.
I actually think Voss would have performed not as well, as it sounds like Liddle also contributed to Teague's demise by not staying in his lane... I reckon if Voss had gotten the gig he would have been under similar pressure at this time. It just seems to me that the stars are somewhat aligning for Voss at the moment, with Cook, and seemingly good quality Assistant Coaches perhaps being available. Just an opinion...

If he makes is through the panel, twice as is rumoured including today, and Cook grills him and ends up giving the thumbs up, we should jump on board and support him 100%.
I reckon that those who are getting negatively heated up may not have grown up in the era of his competitive on-field dominance. I know that was as a player, but a bloke typically doesn't lose that sort of hunger n smarts without much more at play. If a club surrounds him with a complimentary team of assistants and mentors, I think he could become a very very good coach.

I actually think Voss would have performed not as well, as it sounds like Liddle also contributed to Teague's demise by not staying in his lane... I reckon if Voss had gotten the gig he would have been under similar pressure at this time. It just seems to me that the stars are somewhat aligning for Voss at the moment, with Cook, and seemingly good quality Assistant Coaches perhaps being available. Just an opinion...
True. Voss under MLG/Judd/Liddle/etc maybe not have been in the same position as he will be under Sayers/Williams/Cook/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back