Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bemused by SOS comments regarding Hewett and where E Curnow fits in the team. Iā€™m sure Ed can run up and down both wings all day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absolutely Ed can run all day, but Iā€™m not sure he is the one Iā€™d want delivering the ball inside 50. Seeing LOB repeatedly spear the ball onto the forwardā€™s chest in the last few rounds showed what we have been missing. Helicopter punts from Ed are not what we need.
All that said I think Ed has a place in the team. The new pressure forward role sounds perfect for him.

Bemused by SOS comments regarding Hewett and where E Curnow fits in the team. Iā€™m sure Ed can run up and down both wings all day.

So essentially SOS is advocating scenario B, for some unknown reason.

A) Ed Curnow and George Hewett in 2022, plus George Hewett for 2023-6.
B) Just Ed Curnow in 2022.

SOS can yak all he wants - just like Daisy Thomas, nothing positive to say about the club.

SOS brought Gorringe and Wright to the club in 2015. He also delisted Nick Holman in that same year.

Not sure what Gorringe and Wright were ever gonna do for the club, SOS.

FWIW Iā€™d love him back at Carlton, I just think he has a vendetta on the club when realistically, it should be against the individuals. Heā€™s the best player weā€™ve ever had, one of the all time greats and a father to Jack, one of my favourite players.

Just please, stop the negativity SOS.

Letā€™s not analyse every negative comment about the Blues from SOS. There will be many over the period.
ex-player/administrator disagrees with some of ex-club's decisions..................prime minister calls emergency meeting of everyone ever.............

According to SOS we dont need any midfielders. And we dont need Hewitt cause we have Ed. Omg. No wonder our list is not balanced enough. He just wanted nice boys to be around his boys. Not bad influences, no rebels. No Extroverts. The list goes on.

And yes SOS was one of my favourite players, but I dont think he is the best list manager around.

Scenario C...as he stated...develop this relatively limited role player from within, if it is in fact required.
Mentioning Ed Curnow as a reason not to get Hewett is ridiculous imo. And it's not like we're sacrificing any trade collateral to get Hewett in, he's free.

Also Hewett may be a "relatively limited role player" but it is the lack of exactly these kinds of players that see us unable to arrest momentum/defend time and time again.

Hewett on moderate coin is an absolute no-brainer.

SOS can yak all he wants - just like Daisy Thomas, nothing positive to say about the club.

SOS brought Gorringe and Wright to the club in 2015. He also delisted Nick Holman in that same year.

FWIW Iā€™d love him back at Carlton, I just think he has a vendetta on the club when realistically, it should be against the individuals. Heā€™s the best player weā€™ve ever had, one of the all time greats and a father to Jack, one of my favourite players.

Do not agree about Wright, and thought he was ok for the club. For the brief time he was with us he served a small forward role quite well I believe. Agree about SOS and his being bitter towards the club, so hopefully he will move on under the new regime, especially with Liddle gone!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to SOS we dont need any midfielders. And we dont need Hewitt cause we have Ed. Omg. No wonder our list is not balanced enough. He just wanted nice boys to be around his boys. Not bad influences, no rebels. No Extroverts. The list goes on.

And yes SOS was one of my favourite players, but I dont think he is the best list manager around.
I think SOS is excellent at drafting talls, but no so much midfielders. Can't complain about our tall players he has drafted, Weiters, Charlie, Harry and TDK.

His son is becoming an integral part, and I actually think Cuningham is a very good player. Each time he finds form he gets injured. A matter of fact, injuries to a lot of these players have cost us growth.

Wright was a solid little player who did a great job at Carlton. Nothing but respect for him.

Absolutely Ed can run all day, but Iā€™m not sure he is the one Iā€™d want delivering the ball inside 50. Seeing LOB repeatedly spear the ball onto the forwardā€™s chest in the last few rounds showed what we have been missing. Helicopter punts from Ed are not what we need.
All that said I think Ed has a place in the team. The new pressure forward role sounds perfect for him.

was just about to post thisā€¦

Ed predominantly playing forward on the opposition main d50 exit.
spells in the twos teaching.
break glass cba option and sometime run with.

great club man

can absolutely coexist with Hewett

Mentioning Ed Curnow as a reason not to get Hewett is ridiculous imo. And it's not like we're sacrificing any trade collateral to get Hewett in, he's free.

Also Hewett may be a "relatively limited role player" but it is the lack of exactly these kinds of players that see us unable to arrest momentum/defend time and time again.

Of course its not ridiculous. Like for like player...Ed is fit and durable, and could likely fulfill the defensive mid role to a good standard for another 2, perhaps 3 years. Can you play them both? Ed certainly doesn't have another position.

There are no free players.

It's a combination of poor coaching and team defense that creates the momentum swings...adding a 'defensive' mid is wallpapering over cracks.

I think there was a bit of protection over the recruits he brought in, particular Setterfield.

Hewett is 100% there to replace Ed.
I thought JSOS was earmarked to replace Ed.

That first final where the Giants beat Sydney by a point, I thought Hewett was Swans` best player as he played consistently all game and never stopped competing, so he will be a good get because he just does his job well.

He is much more effective as a defensive winger than a pressure forward. LOB can attack from the other wing if he can nail that spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back