Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed we did not have a proper chat to Brad Scott...I am not expecting much now.
Define 'proper chat'?
We supposedly spoke to him and he said that it didn't progress very far.

Us: you interested in applying?
Him: potentially, but I'm all in on this AFL gig. If that falls through, I'll give you a call.
Us: any way we can entice you into applying regardless?
Him: AFL gig is my first priority. I will only consider applying if that falls through.
Us: no probs.

EDIT: beaten to the punch by happydude.

Last edited:
Define 'proper chat'?

Him: potentially, but I'm all in on this AFL gig. If that falls through, I'll give you a call.
Him: AFL gig is my first priority. I will only consider applying if that falls through.

I don't even think it was that involved. I think it was 'do I want to be a coach again (anywhere) or do I want to pursue a career in administration'. Administration won out, therefore a coaching gig at Carlton was never a consideration.

Yeah mate. Ever since my surgery has been delayed I've set up camp outside PP. Nobody leaves, nobody enters without me seeing it.

Cook, Clarko, Gia, Voss, Ross, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny have all come through. Waiting for a visit from Big Nick himself, Santa Claus.

I hope you've got Grace Kelly for company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if it’s about timing and control, not groveling?

In the words of the great Ricky Gervais "are you aving a laugh"?

What better timing could we have than to have announced Clarkson as our coach within a day or two of sacking Teague?

Would have avoided the shambles surrounding Lyon, naming of a coach selection panel involving a CEO we were to sack about a week later, effectively knock any Board challenge fair on the head, allowed the new coach to be involved in de-listing and trade discussions and made us a more attractive prospect for player trades, given the new coach early input into assistant hiring and stopped us from being a target of derision for media commentators throughout the football world.

How is what has happened so far justified our control or timing strategies?

Yes, we would still have been criticised by some clowns but we sure as hell wouldn't have been laughed at, just empty criticism.

None of us know what's really going on but, fair to say, we haven't covered ourselves in glory over the last 3 weeks. It does, to me anyway, seem much more like grovelling than controlling the narrative.

I guess it's possible that we've already hired Clarkson and he has been involved in some of those discussions but, AFAIC, there's no justification for that method of operation.

I'll support any coach we appoint but I'll never be happy with the way we've handled this sorry saga.

Not just that. He's had his eye on the AFL role for a while.

Our chat wouldve been
"Hey brad, you interested in coaching"
"nah I want the AFL job"

"ok, goodbye then"

Yeah or like...

INTERVIEW PROCESS

So Brad, thanks for coming in today for the senior coaching position. We're impressed with your resume leading the Roos to several finals. Do you see your strengths aligning well with coaching the Blues list?

Nah mate, I just came in for the free coffee and donuts 🍩.

In the words of the great Ricky Gervais "are you aving a laugh"?

What better timing could we have than to have announced Clarkson as our coach within a day or two of sacking Teague?

Would have avoided the shambles surrounding Lyon, naming of a coach selection panel involving a CEO we were to sack about a week later, effectively knock any Board challenge fair on the head, allowed the new coach to be involved in de-listing and trade discussions and made us a more attractive prospect for player trades, given the new coach early input into assistant hiring and stopped us from being a target of derision for media commentators throughout the football world.

How is what has happened so far justified our control or timing strategies?

Yes, we would still have been criticised by some clowns but we sure as hell wouldn't have been laughed at, just empty criticism.

None of us know what's really going on but, fair to say, we haven't covered ourselves in glory over the last 3 weeks. It does, to me anyway, seem much more like grovelling than controlling the narrative.

I guess it's possible that we've already hired Clarkson and he has been involved in some of those discussions but, AFAIC, there's no justification for that method of operation.

I'll support any coach we appoint but I'll never be happy with the way we've handled this sorry saga.

The critics will play both sides of any decision/timeline

Appoint a coach within a week of Teague leaving, the headlines would be, no process, review was a scam, etc

Take our time, headline, Carlton don't have a plan

Define 'proper chat'?

EDIT: beaten to the punch by happydude.

Had to read twice!
I read Initially
As 'playing' instead of 'applying', thought easy, list has a few gaps but that's extreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back