Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been his #1 optimistic fan this year...
But, Dow concerns me now, would have liked to move him on whilst his value is high...

He concerns me because he has to make the biggest improvement of anyone on our list to even get a game next year..
Dow's positives, he has
  • Great vision
  • Great hands
  • Improved his kicking
  • Pace - haven't seen much of this, may be a myth
  • Youth - time to improve
Dow's negatives, he has
  • Poor desire to chase
  • Poor desire to tackle
  • Poor tank to 2 way run and defend
  • Poor game awareness
These negative under an accountable coach and game plan may see Dow not even get a game...
Not sure if these areas can be fixed or not, part effort and part Dow's body...

Badly want him to make it, but starting to get concerned.. Starting to think LOB has more upside...

Just out of interest, how do you think his value is high? What do you honestly think he would be worth?

ZMDK9Nm.jpeg

dGFe7b1.jpeg

Last edited:

Hawthorn and their fire sale doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Happy with our trading now and just go into the draft, would have liked to have somehow gotten back into the 1st round, but still feeling comfortable about our recruiting

Barring another horror run of injuries next years, there is no reason why we should not have a serious crack at the 8 in 2022.

Looks like the good old family club is heading for the divorce courts.

May even have to pay child support.

I think they will find they have bitten off more than they could chew by turfing out Clarko for Mitchell

Wouldn't surprise me at if they won the spoon in 2022 (although my money is on Collingwood)

Incorrect.

We took 2x 1st round picks to the draft in 2019. We only need to use 2 in a rolling 4 year period. 2022 first round pick we can safely trade.

Yeah I realise that, but we would either need a future 3rd from someone else or get permission from the AFL I think, as our F3 was included for Cerra. I could be wrong though?

Won't matter next year?
- The whole discussion right now is trading out a future 1st to get a Hawk - right now
- We can't trade a future 1st at the moment because we've traded out a future 3rd
- Solution - trade in a future 3rd - would likely mean trading out either 25, or ensuring we get a F3 back in the trade for the F1 pick.

Yep, I stand corrected. I thought as long as we finished the draft period next year in compliance that it was all good. Appears not. Prohibited from trading the F1 as it stands right now today.

Looks like trading the F1 to get a F3 back just won't result in anything Hawks would want, nor what we want to give away. If we had interest in Wingard or Mitchell it would've been handy to know before using our pick 6 on Cerra. Could have manoeuvred another equivalent deal.

Somewhere in the teens 11-17 range..
Think teams in that range would take a look at him...

I'd prefer to keep him and he gets better, but not convinced that will happen..
No talk of him moving on anyway

I can’t see in what universe right now Dow would get us pick 11-17 range. He has showed nowhere near enough to warrant that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see in what universe right now Dow would get us pick 11-17 range. He has showed nowhere near enough to warrant that.

We should offer him to Gold Coast. They are good at giving players away for free. Maybe they would like to overpay as well.

saw this in the media thread - can only mean one thing

DESTINATION!!

I would think a pick in the 30s , absolutely no way 11 - 17 .

Somewhere in the teens 11-17 range..
Think teams in that range would take a look at him...

I'd prefer to keep him and he gets better, but not convinced that will happen..
No talk of him moving on anyway

Some Richmond board nuffies seem convinced we will trade Paddy to them.

They must be running out of kool aid at Tigerland. No chance of that happening.

He is a required player whom i firmly believe will play his best footy next year under Vossy.

Haven't been Dow's biggest fan in the past, but what we saw from him in the 2nd half of last year really has me excited and optimistic.

Some players just probably need an extra season or two to develop as players than others, and that is perfectly okay.

saw this in the media thread - can only mean one thing

DESTINATION!!
We should not under estimate the significance of this award and the positive implications it will have on developing culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back