Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know his reason is not an authorised one (medical contraindication or similar) or there would be no issue. What reason would make this better?
What if it is a decision made on a lack of education. Something that is possible to change?
Can tell you from experience of dealing with people that have been reluctant/opposed that education can change a person’s view.
Just remember, the AFL instituted this policy in the off-season, when players were not connected to the club.
Not saying the situation will change in this circumstance - just urging caution about lurching to an outcome based upon the situation today.

Who’s the speculation about? First I’ve heard of it unsure why everyone is so certain it’s a particular player

What if it is a decision made on a lack of education. Something that is possible to change?
Can tell you from experience of dealing with people that have been reluctant/opposed that education can change a person’s view.
Just remember, the AFL instituted this policy in the off-season, when players were not connected to the club.
Not saying the situation will change in this circumstance - just urging caution about lurching to an outcome based upon the situation today.

The AFL's vaccination education program started in July.

Seems to have been pretty successful given every single male Victorian AFL player except for this one has been jabbed.

Im not sure where you have been hiding but the vax is 💯 mandatory in Victoria to continue work. Football=job
That isn't true. My understanding is that it is mandatory for essential workers. Businesses can have their own rules if they are not "essential"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be so sure of that. I know first hand of someone who is terminally ill that is against the mandatory vax and 💯 pro choice

Vaccines save lives mate. If you're "pro choice" you are effectively either lazy, selfish or anti-vaxx. Probably veering into a discussion I really don't want to have...

Last edited:
So, err, just how good is Lewis Young?

[/QUOTE]
Who’s the speculation about? First I’ve heard of it unsure why everyone is so certain it’s a particular player

You can find out if you read the main board scandals and rumours sub forum

Bitterly disappointed if this turns out to be true, but its way to soon to make judgements and assertions without knowing all the facts.

I am hoping this situation can resolve itself without being drawn into a long and hostile saga, at any rate.

How do you reckon an immuno-compromised bloke like Doch would be feeling about this news? Bloody disgraceful.
Probably cares a whole lot less about it than what making out.

1 in 10 Victorians aren't vaccinated. Why would you get your knickers in a knot when you find out someone isn't.

If true then the player has made a personal decision and will live with the consequences. Just hope he has the smarts to delete any/all social media before the deadshits pile it on.

The AFL's vaccination education program started in July.

Seems to have been pretty successful given every single male Victorian AFL player except for this one has been jabbed.
AFL only mandated vaccination three weeks ago - when all players were on leave - and may not understand the potential implications on their career.
One club has not even provided information to the AFL about the vaccination status of its players - so it’s not as clear cut as it is being made out.
Yes it’s a massive concern that we have a player who is opposed - but the deadline is November 26 for Victorian clubs.
I would hazard a guess we will be doing everything in our power to re-educate this player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back