Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marchbank has played 48 games from 110, for 44% availiability. Oscar has played 88 from 176, for 50% availability. Gov has played 83 games from 154, for 54% availability.

Cuningham has played 41 from 132, for an availability of 31%.

How many players this prone to absence can we carry on our list, Elmer? Who do you think we should cut, based on this analysis?

How dare you respond to my post with actual facts that I have no legitimate counter argument to offer? 😆😆😆

Point taken, defintley my least favourite part of the footy calendar though (delisting time)

I can't work like this, Chief.....
aHoqPjJ.gif

Curious at to the rationale there, Elmer?

Both have absolutely elite traits for their position.

But both average just under 7 games a season across their careers.

If anything, Marchbank would seem to be "safer" given he plays a role we have a genuine need for. Cunners as a forward/mid is more easily replaced.

Marchbank also, to me, seems the more natural footballer.

Just replying to ODN's post mate..

Think we have persisted with Marchbank for so long that we owe it him and us to keep him on the books for at least one more year.

Just replying to ODN's post mate..

Think we have persisted with Marchbank for so long that we owe it him and us to keep him on the books for at least one more year.

It's an interesting conundrum - the old sunk cost fallacy.

Does persisting for this long mean we should persist a little longer, or does it mean we've given it more than enough time and just need to move on.

With a little luck, both Marchy and Cunners will return to the field in the second half of the year, stay injury-free, and dominate.

Does persisting for this long mean we should persist a little longer, or does it mean we've given it more than enough time and just need to move on.

With a little luck, both Marchy and Cunners will return to the field in the second half of the year, stay injury-free, and dominate.

Given our lack of key defensive depth, I am all for riding our luck on Marchbank and rolling the dice

It's a cliche but players of his talent in that position are as rare as Hen's Teeth.

standing at the polkies wondering whether to chase our losses with our last $100...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, why'd he go at pick 31?

That video portrays a 199cm ruck/forward who is not slow, has real determination - that was a 50m+ chase, knowing he couldn't catch who he was chasing, but kept trying anyway to eventually lay the tackle - and has good contested marking/skills and loves a tackle.

What's not to like there?
He was and is constantly injured, can't get on the park consistently

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone thinking we're going to get anything better than a third-round pick for Dow is in for a rude shock.

Interesting points...

What about your thoughts?

I’d say keep gov as he is a potential match winner type. However if his salary is high like some are suggesting and we continue to get ~12 games on average per year from him then that’s a concern of course.
Cut Cuningham and one of the three KPP.

Each of the three are good for different reasons. Oscar (for all that the rumour peeps have told us shenanigans occurred) is the most flexible, and was preferred from our KPD's at the beginning of the year, and is physically speaking the tallest/strongest. He's not as fast straight line as Gov, but he doesn't need to be. Gov was genuinely causing goals from back half at the beginning of the year; I'd still see his contract off our books unless after it concludes he's willing to stay for a massive pay cut. Marchbank is the perfect offsider to Weitering, in the same way Harry Taylor was to Scarlett; people forget now, but there were similar concerns for Taylor's KPD cred when he took the gig that were hastily forgotten after he showed he could do it. But, again, he's only available 41% of the time.

If pushed, I keep Oscar and Marchbank. Gov's disposal doesn't grow on trees, but with Saad and Docherty in back half and Marchbank (provided we can get him right for a period of more than 10 games) intercepting, we don't need him as much. Cuningham's influence is similarly excellent, but he's only available 3 from 10 games; it'd look like a shit decision when Brisbane take him and he plays every game for the rest of his career, but how long can you wait for a train that isn't coming?

Oscar is retained due to size and flexibility, Marchbank due to talent and completeness of what he can provide.

If I'm reading this thread correctly it looks like Dow for Ben McKay with North sending an extra 2nd rounder our way.

So Dow for a second?

Overs. :straining: :cool:

Cut Cuningham and one of the three KPP.

Have a feeling they'll do with Cunners what they've done successfully with Kennedy and now likely LOB.

Too good to be cut completely from the list, no trade value due to injury, and can't stay healthy enough to warrant a full list spot.

Give him 2023 to make his AFL career and if not then we invested as much into him as he could possibly have asked for.

Have a feeling they'll do with Cunners what they've done successfully with Kennedy and now likely LOB.

Too good to be cut completely from the list, no trade value due to injury, and can't stay healthy enough to warrant a full list spot.

Give him 2023 to make his AFL career and if not then we invested as much into him as he could possibly have asked for.
I'm not sure that we'll be that desperate for the list spots.

I think some clubs will see him as a walk up start in the centre of the ground, being held out by a beast of a midfield. If the rumours are around now, it's because they are seeking out a player with 18 months left on his contract, not because we are shopping him around. Time will tell. Hawks traded #19 for Jono O'Rourke.

I see the Lipinski trade as being comparable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back