Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lipinski had/has way more versatility, but Dow is contracted. At this stage, a pick in the 40's would be a fair outcome

Agreed. It's what we do with the pick (e.g. moving it on like I think we would) that would determine the outcome of the trade just as it did SPS.

Trust in Austin and Agresta for finding the right target is high. They solve the list balance issue and we'll be nigh unstoppable.

A contracted borderline required player. A third round pick is unders. The only reason he isn't in the first team now is because we filled it with other elite level players and made a beast mode midfield.

In my opinion, Dow is an AFL quality mid but he lacks the attributee Voss demands his midfielders to have.

Don't judge a Dow trade by the pick we acquire judge it on the total outcome of trade period. I have no doubt if we do move Paddy on It'll be part of the bigger picture.

We don't have the Jones list spot anymore. We gave that to Durdin.

I agree on Ed.

A shame about Fogarty. I thought he showed a lot early but has completely lost it since.

Can see those 3 going too.

You may be right. It may be easier than we thought going into the year.
Durdin is on the rookie list.
If we're counting Jones as already being off the list, then we only have 35 on the Senior List. So in terms of minimum Senior List changes, then Jones, Ed and Fogerty is enough. If figure we can make up to another 3 spots available with the others I mentioned, and that's without trading anyone out.

I don't think we'll be seeing big list changes this year though.

We don't have the Jones list spot anymore. We gave that to Durdin.

I agree on Ed.

A shame about Fogarty. I thought he showed a lot early but has completely lost it since.

Can see those 3 going too.

You may be right. It may be easier than we thought going into the year.
What happened to Fog.

When he came in he played 3 or 4 really good games in a row.

Clean hands. Good ball use. Attacking the contest hard and sticking tackles. Looked every bit a long term player.

Shame he didn't come on like we were expecting/ hoping for

In my opinion, Dow is an AFL quality mid but he lacks the attributee Voss demands his midfielders to have.

Don't judge a Dow trade by the pick we acquire judge it on the total outcome of trade period. I have no doubt if we do move Paddy on It'll be part of the bigger picture.
Totally agree there. If Dow goes.

Personally, as I said in the Pathway to the first team thread. Dow could be content being an AFL second tier player at a Premiership club rather than going to a side that is going to be rebuilding around him. He's already been through the pain of a rebuilding side, why would he do it again.

What happened to Fog.

When he came in he played 3 or 4 really good games in a row.

Clean hands. Good ball use. Attacking the contest hard and sticking tackles. Looked every bit a long term player.

Shame he didn't come on like we were expecting/ hoping for
We drafted Durdin, and Owies and they have both gone past him at a great rate of knots. It isn't that he is a bad player... it's just that the new players contesting with him have gone passed him.

Totally agree there. If Dow goes.

Personally, as I said in the Pathway to the first team thread. Dow could be content being an AFL second tier player at a Premiership club rather than going to a side that is going to be rebuilding around him. He's already been through the pain of a rebuilding side, why would he do it again.

Because players want and deserve the right to have the best career that they can. Whether that be financially or more apt, being considered a genuine part of a club's best 22.

Opportunity is important.

Durdin is on the rookie list.
If we're counting Jones as already being off the list, then we only have 35 on the Senior List. So in terms of minimum Senior List changes, then Jones, Ed and Fogerty is enough. If figure we can make up to another 3 spots available with the others I mentioned, and that's without trading anyone out.

I don't think we'll be seeing big list changes this year though.
The spare list spot is effectively taken by Owies who must be upgraded this year. So it's 3 off the senior list+Owies and 2 off the rookie list. Assuming list sizes stay the same, and rookie rules stay the same, and...

Anyway, it shouldn't be difficult.

Cuningham must stay. The reward would be worth it if he comes good. He actually had a good month of footy before getting injured last year. He has a quality that few players have, destructive possessions, and the ability to cut through traffic
He has excuisite skills when he is on but...Wasn’t there an issue with him fading in and out of games? Or am I confusing him with another player.??

standing at the polkies wondering whether to chase our losses with our last $100...........
Dance Dancing GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Dow is a quality, contracted player, still maybe 3 years from reaching his peak, BOG every week in the VFL. Absolutely uncomparable in value to Samo's plodding last couple of season's with Carlton.
Worth at least pick 30 and would have better options than Nth. Melbourne to choose from.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t there an issue with him fading in and out of games?
perhaps but he never got continuity, and when he did and started to show a bit he got injured. He can be an absolute weapon for us, very hard to match up on if we can get him going.

edit I think the knock on him is he didn't find the ball enough, but when he did get it he looked great - imagine if Cripps / Kennedy / Cerra get it to Cuningham flying past 😻

I would ask for Comben, even exchange picks slightly in their favour, but North would be mad to let him go

:thumbsupv1:

Brought him up a while ago...
This kid is an exciting prospect, been injured a lot... Could be elite...

Hard to see North letting him go... But it is North we are talking about...

Because players want and deserve the right to have the best career that they can. Whether that be financially or more apt, being considered a genuine part of a club's best 22.

Opportunity is important.
I think that, at this point, Dow would be glad to have the opportunity of a career in football. For some people, being a team player is more important than being a best 22 player. They know they have a role to play and are willing to play that role for the club. At any point over the last 2-3 years, because of poor development and game plans and the weight of expectations, he could have been delisted and we'd all think he was a total failure.

Marchbank has played 48 games from 110, for 44% availiability. Oscar has played 88 from 176, for 50% availability. Gov has played 83 games from 154, for 54% availability.

Cuningham has played 41 from 132, for an availability of 31%.

How many players this prone to absence can we carry on our list, Elmer? Who do you think we should cut, based on this analysis?
Oscar has played one full game for us in 33.

Of his 5 "games" for us, 1 was a full game in round 1 this year, 2 were as the unused sub in rounds 2 and 3 last year, 1 he came on at half time against the Tigers (round 1 last year), and then round 2 this year he was subbed out at half time - injured.

The bloke is a walking disaster as far as injury goes. I am astonished at how high highly he is thought of on here. Yes, he is tall and we lack talls, but he absolutely should be the first to go of those mentioned IMO.

If Dow continues to not improve his defensive liabilities to a respectable level by the end of this year, then he unfortunately opens up the very realistic prospect of the club possibly trading him in for a required player of need…
atm
“I’m torn…Natalie Imbruglia”

Oscar has played one full game for us in 33.

Of his 5 "games" for us, 1 was a full game in round 1 this year, 2 were as the unused sub in rounds 2 and 3 last year, 1 he came on at half time against the Tigers (round 1 last year), and then round 2 this year he was subbed out at half time - injured.

The bloke is a walking disaster as far as injury goes. I am astonished at how high highly he is thought of on here. Yes, he is tall and we lack talls, but he absolutely should be the first to go of those mentioned IMO.
He's the cheapest imaginable injury cover. If our club thinks they can get him fit, he has a history of availability that is the best of the 4 I mentioned.

Who 'rates him highly', exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back