Bluemour XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith linked to the Hawks and Cats, which isn't surprising given the cap space both will have end of next year

While our cap space is at a better level, especially next year, I doubt it would be enough for Smith (like most top 8 sides), nor would we have the trade capital with the Campo boys coming

Only way I see Smith at Carlton, would be if he is willing to take market unders

He's going to Geelong - salary cap space aside, the guy already has his own line of clothing at Cotton On

Last edited:

A few titbits - ran into an old friend who has been in AFL recruiting for years and bent his ear for an hour or so for his opinions and knowledge on the drafts and trades - nothing we may not already know (and of course 20/20 hindsight):

- Dow - his club didn't rate him in Top 5. Thought that whilst he had that great burst speed, Dow could only play that one mid-field position, disposal was questionable and was a 'one-way' runner. (In same draft his club had only rated LOB about a pick 30 (sorry Soap) but had rated TDK at the time.

- Elijah Hollands - 'could be good' in a better environment. It's not great on the Gold Coast. Does have a few attributes and strengths to make an impact. Really rates Ollie though - better hands at ground level than Elijah - will only ever really play wing but is the classic old school winger and will run all day.

- SOS - very,very bitter and twisted about how he was treated at Carlton and no relationship with the club at all (sort of 'stuff them' attitude towards Carlton).

- Camporeales - will be Ok. Again old school type wingers, good endurance and attitude. Only knock was they are sort of 'shin-kickers' in that the contact the ball high up on the boot which reduces distance and accuracy (ball sort of floats a bit)

- Adrian Dodoro - Was bought in by Sheedy from being a club stats man so that it was someone that Sheedy could control. Very old school in that he still just uses the 'eye' to judge a player where as more progressive clubs will watch or 'eye' a player but then use very comprehensive stats and data to support an opinion eg. Player X looks like a good kick under pressure but then go to the data to see if it supports that fact ("hang on - the stats say so he's only going at 30% under pressure")

Wtf? I turn my back for 2 minutes, and you go and sign Orazio Fantasia?
Why, when I'm through with you...!

Yeh the Orazio signing bastard !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poor Austin.....really hope he chooses well with our last pick of the first round of the draft, as he may go missing overnight and who will be brave enough to step up and actually use pick 28 in his absence.......:devil: beware the devil in the detail on here if you do not make a popular choice!!!

A few titbits - ran into an old friend who has been in AFL recruiting for years and bent his ear for an hour or so for his opinions and knowledge on the drafts and trades - nothing we may not already know (and of course 20/20 hindsight):

- Dow - his club didn't rate him in Top 5. Thought that whilst he had that great burst speed, Dow could only play that one mid-field position, disposal was questionable and was a 'one-way' runner. (In same draft his club had only rated LOB about a pick 30 (sorry Soap) but had rated TDK at the time.

- Elijah Hollands - 'could be good' in a better environment. It's not great on the Gold Coast. Does have a few attributes and strengths to make an impact. Really rates Ollie though - better hands at ground level than Elijah - will only ever really play wing but is the classic old school winger and will run all day.

- SOS - very,very bitter and twisted about how he was treated at Carlton and no relationship with the club at all (sort of 'stuff them' attitude towards Carlton).

- Camporeales - will be Ok. Again old school type wingers, good endurance and attitude. Only knock was they are sort of 'shin-kickers' in that the contact the ball high up on the boot which reduces distance and accuracy (ball sort of floats a bit)

- Adrian Dodoro - Was bought in by Sheedy from being a club stats man so that it was someone that Sheedy could control. Very old school in that he still just uses the 'eye' to judge a player where as more progressive clubs will watch or 'eye' a player but then use very comprehensive stats and data to support an opinion eg. Player X looks like a good kick under pressure but then go to the data to see if it supports that fact ("hang on - the stats say so he's only going at 30% under pressure")

If shin-kicker is the biggest knock that is fine. The old man was a shin-kicker as well and still managed to get the ball to a team-mate. Dougie Hawkins classicly described Campo as being an 80 metre player, carry the ball 30 metres and kick it 50 metres.

I'd be more concerned if some of Campo's other weaknesses were highlighted as a problem his boys might have.

So they didn't rate Dow or LOB but did rate TDK? Every other club had a chance to pick TDK by pick 30 (including his) so why didn't they take him? Smells like a bit of a convenient memory there.

The Dodo bit sounds more credible. Completely aligns with what I've heard of sheedy. The Dodo / Sheedy thing should be a lecture in organisational dysfunction in some business school somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t say they rated TDK top 10 or anything. It was a comment in relation to asking if TDK was an ‘overreach’ by SOS on the night (if you recall there was supposedly laughter in the room at the time). My mate just said TDK at pick 30ish was around where they’d ranked him ( and bear in mind I’m paraphrasing an hour or so long conversation over a few pints).

FWIW - through another source I also heard Josh Carr very highly rated as a coach in waiting and basically had the Richmond job but decided to stay in Adelaide as has kids in final years of secondary school. Almost certain will be the guy to take over from Hinkley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder when Orazio will officially be a blue? I wish I Cleary knew.

It’s okay, I did some research and the answer is tomorrow morning. DFA window starts tomorrow at 9am. Expect a Carlton presser in the morning to unveil our fantastic new power small forward. (And all for the price of a packet of chips minus the chips).

I wonder when Orazio will officially be a blue? I wish I Cleary knew.

It’s okay, I did some research and the answer is tomorrow morning. DFA window starts tomorrow at 9am. Expect a Carlton presser in the morning to unveil our fantastic new power small forward. (And all for the price of a packet of chips minus the chips).
I've been staring at some empty chairs in preparation...

this is one of the lesser known, shitter, zen kōan

LOL!

Pretty much all my posts are suspended somewhere between 'paradoxical ponderables' and 'meaningless or absurd statements'. You decide which end of the spectrum I mostly reside at....

LOL!

Pretty much all my posts are suspended somewhere between 'paradoxical ponderables' and 'meaningless or absurd statements'. You decide which end of the spectrum I mostly reside at....
There once was a poster called Ferris...

There once was a poster called Ferris...
Whose posts were seen as a menace.
He loves puns of cheese,
He could do them with ease.
It made other posters so jealous.

???

Whose posts were seen as a menace.
He loves puns of cheese,
He could do them with ease.
It made other posters so jealous.

???
You got it!!
Was gonna write more, but completely stumped myself when I went with Ferris as the rhyming word. 🤣🤣😳
Nicely worked around.😀
( toyed with tennis...but. nah.)

You got it!!
Was gonna write more, but completely stumped myself when I went with Ferris as the rhyming word. 🤣🤣😳
Nicely worked around.😀
( toyed with tennis...but. nah.)
There once was a player named Gorringe...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back