Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are pretty much clean skins around here in terms of not putting forward exaggerations and wild ideas.

A shame that the journos need to sell copy. Otherwise, they would be free to join us in enlightened debate.

We are pretty much clean skins around here in terms of not putting forward exaggerations and wild ideas.

I pride myself on how grounded I am in here.

That's why I have a strict limit of eight teams for my trade hypotheticals...

:cool:

We are not one of the clubs chasing Bailey Smith (ooc next year and reportedly an 80 % chance of leaving the Kennel according to Ralphy)

I think that is great news.

And why is it great news?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's not news. Its somebody having an opinion about something that a journalist has guessed that may happen in 12 months time/ or probably won't happen.
you mean when someone, possibly in the media, suggests something, you can use your own intelligence to assess it? do I have that right?

Key qualification to be a journo today is being able to afford being an unpaid intern and then an underpaid freelancer.

Also you will need to live in a major city, probably inner city, and it helps if you went to school with your potential subjects.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Key qualification to be a journo today is being able to afford being an unpaid intern and then an underpaid freelancer.

Also you will need to live in a major city, probably inner city, and it helps if you went to school with your potential subjects.

does that follow for sports journalism?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you mean when someone, possibly in the media, suggests something, you can use your own intelligence to assess it? do I have that right?

You have to believe 100% of everything you didn't just hear when you were definitely not listening to SEN...

It's not news. Its somebody having an opinion about something that a journalist has guessed that may happen in 12 months time/ or probably won't happen.

Hence why I asked the question….don’t care about the journalists guess, interested why Elmer thinks that’s great news

Clearly it's not mandatory. I'd like to think that Carlton supporters, who have proven their intelligence by their choice of a football team, are more likely to them most. *

* And then I read some things on here and despair for the future.

Hence why I asked the question….don’t care about the journalists guess, interested why Elmer thinks that’s great news

Elmer would have to answer for that.

Maybe he thinks that Bailey Smith would be overpriced in terms of both salary and draftpicks and has shown that his output has significantly reduced year on year since bursting on the scene. Maybe he thinks that he might not be a good team player. Maybe he thinks that he doesn't really fill a need, particularly if the campo boys end up being as good as they are projecting to be.

Any amount of reasons we he might have that opinion but it wouldn't be my place to speak on his behalf.

That's obvious..

Free's up the required money needed for The Bont.

And why is it great news?

He wouldn't be a good fit for our club and culture (in my opinion)

People say Bevo is playing him out of position but for much of the last 3 seasons, he has been pretty much phoning it in on field.

One of those players who will never live up to their potential I suspect.

Any of the new generation. Yes.

Used to be cadetships and lots of local papers to cut your teeth.

Now you got to have a financial backing to be a journalist

That's not absolutely accurate - but there's no doubt the nurturing of young journalists is not what it was 20 years ago.

I'm confused...
That's not absolutely accurate - but there's no doubt the nurturing of young journalists is not what it was 20 years ago.
Nepotism still goes along way.

He wouldn't be a good fit for our club and culture (in my opinion)

People say Bevo is playing him out of position but for much of the last 3 seasons, he has been pretty much phoning it in on field.

One of those players who will never live up to their potential I suspect.

But if you believe the article, the last 2 premiers think differently…

And culturally, if he’s on our list that off field stuff doesn’t matter

But if you believe the article, the last 2 premiers think differently…

And culturally, if he’s on our list that off field stuff doesn’t matter

Be that as it may, I don't think from a salary cap perspective, we could match the offers he will get from the likes of Hawthorn and Essendon etc

I don't think he is the missing link to our next premiership team, at any rate.

Finally, I hope the days of trying to lure a big name player to the club are over. I like our current approach a lot under Agresta and Austin in trying to build up from the draft and trade in for players that fill a need (such as Acres last year who was absolutely brilliant for the most part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back