Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
You said the same thing when I said he’ll be at Essendon. You either hate people getting info before you or your mad because your not the one that called it. Haters wherever you go i guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The ego wars between ITKs are my favourite part of BF

It is strange timing.

Potentially Heppel and hurley last games and last game of year. Could have waited until next week.

I'll have little faith if dodo status and Clarkson is not the coach.

I feel like none of that will happen and we will just have a new president and coach. Same ceo and same recruiting manager.

Whilst the freakshow that is ess rolls on in the background who are we getting behind in the finals

Freo? Geelong?
Go the Lions!

literally just logged on to ask has there been any discernible improvement in any area at Essendon this year - as a genuine question.

I'm guessing this answers it. I haven't heard a single thing about this except read the thread title- but If Trucks gone I do feel for him. If Brasher is gone I'm pleased.
Thought you might be! Although apparently we're running full steam after Clarkson with little to no proper process so idk if that's actually an improvement.

If rumours are to be believed anyway

bits from barrett
A second board meeting was called for in the space of 24 hours, with Monday's gathering following a meeting prior to Sunday's game.

It was at Sunday's meeting where a plan to thoroughly review the club was thrashed out and president Paul Brasher, who had previously stated he would stand down at the end of the season, indicated he would exit immediately.

Clarkson is yet to formally respond to senior coach offers made by North Melbourne and GWS.

He had been expected to make his own mind up as early as Tuesday, and would have by extension relayed that to the Roos and Giants at some stage of this week.

That timeframe is now certain to be pushed back, with a now-expected official inquiry to the four-time premiership coach to be made by the Bombers.

But he was still meeting with North and the Giants. Would have to be an a grade a-hole. I think this has just happened and they’ve maybe only touched base with Clarko in the last week or so

I think Heppellfreak is probably being a bit liberal with his information or his source is

It seems more likely to me that a group who could be said to represent Essendon (i.e. 2 or 3 members of the board including the President to be) have courted Clarkson on the basis that things are delicate, that we can't be overt but that the plan is thus...we can't promise anything but if these are the terms, how interested are you? They could have kept him updated of developments.

These same people then take what they have to the rest of the board to solidify votes for a coup.

Unless we have been completely ruthless about this and kept Brasher around as the sacrificial lamb. But I doubt that.

Thought you might be! Although apparently we're running full steam after Clarkson with little to no proper process so idk if that's actually an improvement.

If rumours are to be believed anyway
I'm not against Clarkson but it's more same old stuff if they do that IMO.

Take a breath and run a review and a process and set up for some sustained success. Find tbe next Clarkson if needs be. The place needs some ambition and vision but it also needs real leadership.

Campbell's next pic should be him carrying his desk in a cardboard box to the car as well.

Edit: I'd add there's an argument for making this playing group face Rutten for another season as well. I'd be fine with change too but whatever is going to ingrain a new culture best should be on tbe table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always have to go with the proven coach, unfortunate for Rutten.

Correct.

I mean other than when Melbourne stuck with Goodwin and he won them a flag.

Or when Richmond stuck with Dimma and he won three flags.

Or when West Coast went for Simpson and he won them a flag.

Or when the Dogs went with Beveridge and he won them a flag.

Or indeed, when Hawthorn went for Clarkson over Wallace and he won them 4 flags.

Or when Geelong stuck with Bomber and he won two flags. Then had another untried coach in Scott take over from him and win another flag.

But apart from them, its unequivocal that you do indeed have to go with the proven coach.

Correct.

Or indeed, when Hawthorn went for Clarkson over Wallace and he won them 4 flags.

Or when Geelong stuck with Bomber and he won two flags. Then had another untried coach in Scott take over from him and win another flag.

But apart from them, its unequivocal that you do indeed have to go with the proven coach.
Goodwin had taken them to a prelim. Dimma took them to finals 3 years in a row. Bomber had taken geelong to prelims.

Correct.

To add to that, Fremantle under Longmuir are following the same trajectory. Imagine if Fremantle sacked him after they lost in the final round by almost 10 goals with a finals spot on the line? Even Adelaide haven’t sacked Nicks despite winning a spoon and not coming close to finals.

Rutten’s downfall was over performing and making finals last year.

To add to that, Fremantle under Longmuir are following the same trajectory. Imagine if Fremantle sacked him after they lost in the final round by almost 10 goals with a finals spot on the line? Even Adelaide haven’t sacked Nicks despite winning a spoon and not coming close to finals.

Going a bit too soon. Getting the feeling we wont hear anything today re Trucks future.

Longmuir actually has a proper system which he has successfully implemented and has got improvement year on year. Pressure on rutten isn’t just on yesterday, it’s on many performances where the team simple don’t turn up to play and look like a bunch of traffic cones. That was the 5th disgraceful loss for the year, you only get so many apologies.

Maybe in those cases it was clear that the players had 'bought in', and ours hadn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back