Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Herald Sun is not wrong. He's technically still employed until of course he's been sacked.

They probably want to call Ben in, speak to him face to face, then tell him he's services are no longer required.

We need him gone, we need fresh air and a new voice, the boys aren't responding to him.

Whatever happens, its absolutely farcical how today has panned out.

To have not responded to front page news across the country that Rutten has been sacked for 5 hours and counting is ridiculous, especially if we don't sack him.

How can anyone at the club say he has the support of the board?

maybe an unpopular question but is Clarkson worth the hype?

Sure he won 4 flags but the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughie, Sewell and Buddy were all already at the club before Clarko showed up. They were all the leaders and players who were the engine room behind those flags, i appreciate a good coach connects the players and builds the game plan to succeed but the cattle are the ones that make it happen and that was a pretty good group of existing cattle!

i dont know if he has much of a record of rebuilding and i certainly don't think the Bombers have the leaders(or potential leaders) that he had a Hawthorn when he started there.
He is worth every part of it. The hype is warranted.

Don't forget the state Hawthorn was in before he turned things around, its almost more about culture and stability and the knowledge on how to unit people and get them to perform at their best.

To have not responded to front page news across the country that Rutten has been sacked for 5 hours and counting is ridiculous, especially if we don't sack him.

It might actually shift a bit of pressure off him and onto people making the decisions.

This is a very public **** up.

"So have we sacked him?"

"No"

"Should we put out a release to stop this rubbish?"

"Let's decide if we want to sack him first".

Sure he won 4 flags but the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughie, Sewell and Buddy were all already at the club before Clarko showed up. They were all the leaders and players who were the engine room behind those flags, i appreciate a good coach connects the players and builds the game plan to succeed but the cattle are the ones that make it happen and that was a pretty good group of existing cattle!

i dont know if he has much of a record of rebuilding and i certainly don't think the Bombers have the leaders(or potential leaders) that he had a Hawthorn when he started there.

Worth the hype. A good list can snag a flag without a great coach, but you don't win 4 by accident.

What a rollercoaster. I'll be honest, i was kinda happy when i thought he was gone. But, another pre season and letting him see out his contract is the correct call. If next year he cant get the results (not strict win/loss) then a proper process can be done. Clarkson now would've been too rushed and murky. Happy for other changes to prez, ceo etc

Yeah and in 2020 they finished the year playing a consistent brand of footy which probably saved him.
Dimma took over the worst team in the competition of course it was going to take time, you don’t get judged in year 1 or 2 in that position if you’re winning 6-7 games, it’s only when you have a run like Noble the hammer comes down. If you show growth year on year you get time to build. Same with bomber at geelong, they had a massive group of young talent all coming through together he got time and they showed improvement year on year.
That just reads of you being selective regarding who gets given time and who doesn’t. When Melbourne lost to Port by 50 points in shortened quarters, they were just as big of an on-field rabble as we currently are. You can say the same for Rutten in the second half of the year prior to the last 5 quarters.

We also have a big group of young talent coming through. Again, we fielded a young and inexperienced side for most of the year.

He had a game plan and made his players implement it. No doubt on field leadership was an important part but he changed the way footy was played.

What concerns me is how rarely it works when the great coach moves to another club. The points above about how long it took other coaches to turn things around are very valid points too. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Yesterday was a very insipid performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its always sunny in philadelphia nothing to see here GIF by HULU

"yeah nah, actually .. nah ... actually yeah, nah it's fine"

That just reads of you being selective regarding who gets given time and who doesn’t. When Melbourne lost to Port by 50 points in shortened quarters, they were just as big of an on-field rabble as we currently are. You can say the same for Rutten in the second half of the year prior to the last 5 quarters.

We also have a big group of young talent coming through. Again, we fielded a young and inexperienced side for most of the year.
And again if you’ve got a prelim on your resume, the Melbourne result in 20 years it buys you a bit more time.

Lewis, Roughead and Buddy were drafted the year Clarko joined

The shitshow circus is now on fire.

Roughie buddy and Lewis weren’t at the club before clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back