Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I think we’ve been more reactive and last two weeks have made a move to get him. Clarko’s team said they would answer North and Giants this week…and here we are. Maybe if anything Clarko was hoping something else may pop up. Can’t believe he would lead his old team on like this

Its not a question of leading North on.

He may well have told them, I'm yours unless I year from Essendon by x date. He may not have mentioned any other club.

People get multiple offers all the time. The markets in soccer are a bit of a joke.

One thing that has just struck me. A few weeks ago Whatley was harping on about Clarkson's comment that a club would need to select him. That always fel like a bit of overkill when it was GWS v North.

Last edited:

Wait, so today has all been about a guy stepping down 1 week before his tenure was up?

We might be irrelevant on field and have been since Adam was a boy, but you know you're a big club when all this nothingness makes such massive news.
The media need stuff to write about. It's not like there is anything interesting this week to focus on, with only the final round and finals positions up for grabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more interested in announcements re Clarkson.

How can Rutten possibly coach next year after today? How many hours have the board let this fester?

My money is on wanting to announce a plan before sacking Rutten.
The word untenable comes to mind.

Makes sense to Rutten on. He's the only person who could possibly explain the club's position on his sacking. It's been unacceptable, we're not sure how it happened but certain it won't stop us from getting where we are headed.

I'm more interested in announcements re Clarkson.

How can Rutten possibly coach next year after today? How many hours have the board let this fester?

What have they been meeting about for 7 hours?

My money is on wanting to announce a plan before sacking Rutten.
They'll be cowering in the board room, waiting until after 7pm (when the major news cycle has passed) before sending out an email to the members

Gutless mutts run this football club. Shambles.

So in other words , we sacked Rutten.

Called Clarko who told us he had already committed to North.

Then we re-hired Rutten.

Like Rutten or not, he didn't deserve 5 hour's of speculation about his job.

Not the first time Rutten got lumped with something he didn’t deserve

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back