Bob Murphy possible retirement ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a decent player. Nothing against him really (although he does come across as a bit of a twat most times i see him) but the hype train about him is ridiculous
Better than Decent. You don't get to play 295 games, captain your club in a premiership year, 2 x AA including captain, by being "decent".

Bloke does his knee and misses a premiership. Media write about it. Now rumoured retirement on the horizon and everyone blames bloke for being arrogant.

Big Footy is a strange place.

Please don't tell me you're comparing Rob Murphy to Lenny Hayes....?
You cant compare Bob and Lenny. Bob has had the pleasure of holding up the cup on GF day, everyone knowing what a massive part he played in winning it. Lenny has had no team success, playing for a club that can only dream of achieving the ultimate.

You cant compare Bob and Lenny. Bob has had the pleasure of holding up the cup on GF day, everyone knowing what a massive part he played in winning it. Lenny has had no team success, playing for a club that can only dream of achieving the ultimate.

Lenny almost won them a flag off his own back, while Bob was riding the pine all season and got the pity call up on stage

Lenny almost won them a flag off his own back, while Bob was riding the pine all season and got the pity call up on stage
ALMOST won. Didnt win. Who gives a S***? The pictures of Bob with the cup will live forever in peoples hearts. Just sour grapes that Saints fans are still longing for team success after 50 years which could easily turn into 100 years without another flag.

ALMOST won. Didnt win. Who gives a S***? The pictures of Bob with the cup will live forever in peoples hearts. Just sour grapes that Saints fans are still longing for team success after 50 years which could easily turn into 100 years without another flag.

Who cares? We're not talking about St Kilda or the Bulldogs it was about Hayes and Murphy. If you prefer a token picture over actual output on a game then fine, but i dont think many people do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were frustrated with how the club and supporters honoured bob at their own event at their own oval?

Thought he outshone Beveridge by carrying the cup when they first brought it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't have any dislike for Bob at all, he is a genuinely good person and I'll always respect someone who loves and cares about his club as much as he does. I will say the circlejerk on 360 about him shits me, but that isn't Bobs fault that is more Slobbo and the nerdling slowly becoming insufferable.

He actually never quite got as good as I thought he'd be early in his career, he looked like he could be a top 10 player with his disposal, running ability and poise. Still a very handy footballer and hopefully the knee hasn't slowed him down.

FFS does every thread relating to the Bulldogs have to become a shit-fight with the Saints?

To be fair, guilty parties on both sides.

Don't think it's fair to compare Murphy and Hayes. Completely different players. No doubt both are greats of their respective clubs but I believe it's hard to compare them when they played different positions throughout their careers.

Don't think it's fair to compare Murphy and Hayes. Completely different players. No doubt both are greats of their respective clubs but I believe it's hard to compare them when they played different positions throughout their careers.

It's pretty easy one is a Norm Smith Medalist

The other is a charity Jock McHale medalist :)

The main issue the haters have with Bob is that they just hate.
You see it in every thread on Bigfooty nowadays and when a side wins a flag the hate just escalates.

All power to the Dogs, having won the premiership and good on them for doing so. But in response to your wins flag / hate escalation point, the post below points out more or less why. Winning brings out the worst in all our supporter groups. People then tend to respond.

I hope Bob plays on, very good player, very like-able bloke or so it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back