AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Bruise Free

Occasional Highlight

Fortnightly Article in "The Age"

Cruising Robbie weekly on Fox Footy

Cruising through our Game Day's with an occasional highlight when it suits him and mostly bruise and tackle free for the rest of the Match

• Banned
I loved him as a brave undersized marking Half Forward

But this Half Back semi tagging roll is a bit like a retirement gig

Mid Year retirement or going back as a mid sized marking forward - but not this

Reminds me of Hargrave never where you needed him, combined with Talia we lack a couple down back.

I thought Bob got better as the game went on but his first half was quiet.

I thought Talia showed some good signs, stuck to his job well and didn't get highly scored against at all. Me thinks you are a little harsh.

Harshly worded thread title and OP (understandable post-game angst) but I agree he has not given us a lot this year. Has been one of my favourite players - love his disposal, poise and his evasive skills but he's dropped a notch since last year.

He's not getting enough footy and not hurting the opposition enough.

I bet North is sorry Dal Santo's stinking up their team too.

How could anyone watch this year and think the problem with the Dogs is we have too many clean disposers of the ball with poise? When Murphy retires he will leave a MASSIVE hole in the team. We already have 1 or 2 too few of him.

Just when I think this board reaches Maximum Stupid, it somehow loses a few more IQ points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol at some people on here. We have some terrible football supporters!

Bobby is a legend!

When you get drafted and train as hard as bob. Let me know so we can pit your skills vs him.

He went down into the rooms tonight a few times, looks to be carrying something?

Hurt himself late in the 3rd, but looked like he was sore from the onset

Bruise Free

Occasional Highlight

Fortnightly Article in "The Age"

Cruising Robbie weekly on Fox Footy

Cruising through our Game Day's with an occasional highlight when it suits him and mostly bruise and tackle free for the rest of the Match

You have chosen your username well - and it's even more fitting that you've misspelled it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shooting the messenger here, folks?

I love Murph but can anyone honestly tell me he is giving us the same output as last year? He's still serviceable and best 22, but no longer best half dozen like he's been in recent years. Whether that's due to injury, age or some other factor, who knows?

It was a poor choice of thread titles but the matter is surely worth some discussion.

He is battling a bit, though he still has time and poise in spades. I don't think a great Clubman such as Bob deserves to have feedback on his game levelled in the manner it has in the OP.

This thread makes me sick.

OP he was All-Australian in 2011 playing his semi-retirement HB role, not too shabby

Yet the abuse sent our former captain Matty Boyds way each week by the majority of these same posters is ok!
Bob is a legend of our club but seems to be getting a lot more leeway by posters than some others on this board.
Bobbys form over the last 18 months has shown decline, hate to say it but the end may be a lot closer than a lot of us would like to contemplate.

Before you all abuse me he is one of my top three favorite players of all time and my missusses favorite player and she is a carlton supporter!

He's still one of our best players and we'll be ****** when he retires, which is an indictment on our recruiting.

Putrid thread.
This thread is a disgrace.
This thread makes me sick.

OP he was All-Australian in 2011 playing his semi-retirement HB role, not too shabby
Worst thread I've EVER seen.
Is that because of the OP and thread title or because you don't like criticism of the form of one of our favourite sons? No player should be immune from fair criticism and comment.

I agree the OP was OTT but I think we need to separate the two matters.

Shooting the messenger here, folks?

I love Murph but can anyone honestly tell me he is giving us the same output as last year? He's still serviceable and best 22, but no longer best half dozen like he's been in recent years. Whether that's due to injury, age or some other factor, who knows?

It was a poor choice of thread titles but the matter is surely worth some discussion.

I'm not disputing that Murph is on the way down. He could even feasibly hang up the boots this year (though I think he actually will retire next year.) But that discussion is a million miles from this piece of sh!t thread.

He isn't what he once was. But god do we need what he has to offer right now. In ANY part of the field.

To answer your other question, dogwatch - of course no player is immune from criticism. But criticism that makes vague sense (referring to the OP here) would be nice.

Yet the abuse sent our former captain Matty Boyds way each week by the majority of these same posters is ok!
Bob is a legend of our club but seems to be getting a lot more leeway by posters than some others on this board.
Bobbys form over the last 18 months has shown decline, hate to say it but the end may be a lot closer than a lot of us would like to contemplate.

Before you all abuse me he is one of my top three favorite players of all time and my missusses favorite player and she is a carlton supporter!

Boydy abuse is not OK at all either, we all know where his strengths and weaknesses lie. Fair to say Bob is in decline, but a thread like this is well out of order. Bob is as Footscray as a hot bowl of pho, irrespective of his form on field he deserves enough respect not to have threads like this written about him. I'm not going to abuse you mate, why would I do that?

I loved him as a brave undersized marking Half Forward

But this Half Back semi tagging roll is a bit like a retirement gig

Mid Year retirement or going back as a mid sized marking forward - but not this

Putrid post. Playing half back is a retirement gig?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bob Murphy slowing down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back