Bomber should be applaued

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant - easy money.
Head coach - stress time.

You do the math.

yeah maybe dude...tipping that "hirdy" is making sure that if the shit hits the fan from the faithful, he isnt the only fav son in the firing line when it happens.
Knowing how we all feel about the bummers and how we all want them to "prosper", especially now, whatever we are doing in the next 3 or so years, the champagne corks will be popping if and when it all turns to shit for them. When it does, a conservative figure of 4 in terms of decades in the wilderness of nothingness will befall them. Then lets see if they pull another sheedy rabbit out of the hat to get them out of the dark abyss they will be in, the same one they were in just before sheeds led them out of it. ;)

yeah maybe dude...tipping that "hirdy" is making sure that if the shit hits the fan from the faithful, he isnt the only fav son in the firing line when it happens.
Knowing how we all feel about the bummers and how we all want them to "prosper", especially now, whatever we are doing in the next 3 or so years, the champagne corks will be popping if and when it all turns to shit for them. When it does, a conservative figure of 4 in terms of decades in the wilderness of nothingness will befall them. Then lets see if they pull another sheedy rabbit out of the hat to get them out of the dark abyss they will be in, the same one they were in just before sheeds led them out of it. ;)

Keep in mind Matty Knights is Hirds get out of jail card for the next 3 years. If the bombers fall over in the next two seasons, Hird may have to have a potentual "hardwick" like cleanout of that list. The bombers fans aren't prepared to bottom out with this list, so interesting times ahead methinks.

The Bummers are screwed. Did they suddenly draft 10 good players along with Hird? This is mid 80's RFC all over again, except they are us. I love how the Bummer faithful have stars in their eyes and can't see it. Being spoon fed success for 10 years and then spoon fed bullshit from sheedy for another 10 will do that to you I guess.

They have no cattle and no chance of any decent cattle until the concessions run out. They are going to find themselves where we were in about 1987. Broke (sponsors will pull out), dud players, team champion enlisted to deliver the holy grail, and a culture of success that rapidly screeched to a halt.
Bomber should be applauded for having the balls to see that moving to Essendon will kill off his career and moving anyway. But somehow I don't think he is that smart.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow-mo and i'm gonna enjoy the next few decades of watching these idiots get their comeuppance.

I do not agree, because they way he left Geelong.

It appears he was not honest about his intension's; especially espousing the loyalty card all year to the players and then quits.

James Hird now has a big nose from all those lies , now his ears dont look too out of whack

don't agree at all - Thompson lied and obviously played on the whole "i'm too tired" sympathy vote to get to his ideal place - he broke contract, then went to an opponent.

Pretty much did the coaching equal of a "Mal Michael"

He could have handled it better by saying "ok I shouldn't have said those things, I'll cop my wack and head to Windy Hill". He didn't. He's a w***er.

So in a few years time if Hird fails and the Bombers knock on Hardwicks door, you'll have no problem in him picking up and walking out despite being contracted.

Could have gone away with alot more class if he'd just said he wanted to go to the Bombers.

No real respect for people who lie like that and then turn up at another club. Stinks of Mal Michael. :thumbsu:

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll just say the following (with no animosity - I'm happy we have Bomber):

How many attempts did Richmond make at getting Sheedy back?

Could you honestly tell me that in the 90's Richmond didn't talk to Sheedy while he was contracted?

If this was the case would you as Richmond supporters/members tell your club they've done the wrong thing if in fact Sheedy had left Essendon for Richmond?

Donners, my comment was not directed at the Essendon administration. I really don't have a problem with them approaching another contracted coach. You'd be living in a dream world to think this doesn't happen every year.

I believe Thompson has handled the situation badly and, by extension, Essendon contributed to the debacle.

And I agree, the Tigers were definitely talking to Sheeds. Glad he stayed put!

Donners, my comment was not directed at the Essendon administration. I really don't have a problem with them approaching another contracted coach. You'd be living in a dream world to think this doesn't happen every year.

I believe Thompson has handled the situation badly and, by extension, Essendon contributed to the debacle.

And I agree, the Tigers were definitely talking to Sheeds. Glad he stayed put!

I appreciate your very balanced post! :thumbsu:

I don't know what to believe re: burn out. Could've been concocted by Bomber OR Cook/Costa. Obviously everyone wants to pin it on Bomber. Most have respect for Cook/Costa, Bomber's the guy that ate a sanga in the coaches' box. What sort of an administration investigates phone records? The Nixon administration?

I don't mind your user name either - poor guy, what was it, 5mins on the ground? :(

The Bummers are screwed. Did they suddenly draft 10 good players along with Hird? This is mid 80's RFC all over again, except they are us. I love how the Bummer faithful have stars in their eyes and can't see it. Being spoon fed success for 10 years and then spoon fed bullshit from sheedy for another 10 will do that to you I guess.

They have no cattle and no chance of any decent cattle until the concessions run out. They are going to find themselves where we were in about 1987. Broke (sponsors will pull out), dud players, team champion enlisted to deliver the holy grail, and a culture of success that rapidly screeched to a halt.
Bomber should be applauded for having the balls to see that moving to Essendon will kill off his career and moving anyway. But somehow I don't think he is that smart.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow-mo and i'm gonna enjoy the next few decades of watching these idiots get their comeuppance.

Peter English, Australasia editor for Cricinfo.com, suggests the Barmy Army might be singing a new song this summer, aimed at the Aussie cricket team, which goes something like this... Are you England in disguise? Doo daa...

I'm sure the Tiger Army could adapt this for when we play against the Bummers next season ;)

Peter English, Australasia editor for Cricinfo.com, suggests the Barmy Army might be singing a new song this summer, aimed at the Aussie cricket team, which goes something like this... Are you England in disguise? Doo daa...

I'm sure the Tiger Army could adapt this for when we play against the Bummers next season ;)

Talk is cheap.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll just say the following (with no animosity - I'm happy we have Bomber):

How many attempts did Richmond make at getting Sheedy back?

Could you honestly tell me that in the 90's Richmond didn't talk to Sheedy while he was contracted?

If this was the case would you as Richmond supporters/members tell your club they've done the wrong thing if in fact Sheedy had left Essendon for Richmond?
If Sheedy was out of contract and decided to walk then I'd have no problem with it. If he was contracted but went to Essendon and said, "I've had a good run, won a few flags and feel like I need a change and will be heading back to Richmond.", and the Essendon board didn't feel like they been lied to or decieved then I wouldn't have a problem.

If Sheedy had of done what Bomber did, which, IMO, was basically be a 2 faced liar, then I would have had a problem with it. Now whether you believe that or not, I don't know but thats the way I feel.

yeah ... but we can whatever we like on this board .

Very true.

Monteath is still a premiership captain :thumbsu:

It was honest sympathy. I know Dave Flintoff who play.... ahem... who didn't get on the ground in the '88 GF even though Melbourne got absolutely thrashed and Kevin Billing was my mate's coach - he didn't get on the ground in the '66 premiership.

Monteath wasn't far behind the above 2.

Very true.

It was honest sympathy. I know Dave Flintoff who play.... ahem... who didn't get on the ground in the '88 GF even though Melbourne got absolutely thrashed and Kevin Billing was my mate's coach - he didn't get on the ground in the '66 premiership.

Monteath wasn't far behind the above 2.
Daryl Freame only got about 5 mins in the 1980 GF too. Still a premiership player. Not getting on the ground is pretty rough though. I would be livid.

yeah ... but we can whatever we like on this board .

Monteath is still a premiership captain :thumbsu:

yeah and due to an injury set back had to sit on the bench. Goes to show you that 80's tiger line up were "good things". They could afford to have the not 100% captain on the bench in a granny and let him watch the party. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber should be applaued

Remove this Banner Ad

Back