Bombers Fans: "We Still Get Called Drug Cheats Every Week."

Remove this Banner Ad

People still have a crack at Carlton for the salary cap cheating (I prefer more topical sledges personally) and fair enough. This will haunt the Bombers for a while as it should.
I think Boekhorst is the new flavour for Carlton.
That or the number Daisy/Malthouse have done on them.

This is one section of the supporter community, who like all other cheer squads are known for their parochialism, that were specifically sought out for comment. What kind of comments did you expect to hear from them? The only real thing to garner from this is how bad Beyond the Game TV is.

images
834.gif

I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

It shows however that many Essendon fans still see their club as a victim.

Until they drop that, people will keep reminding them of the truth.

I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

It shows however that many Essendon fans still see their club as a victim.

Until they drop that, people will keep reminding them of the truth.
There are shades across the base.
Those that think we are innocent and look for clever ways to point it out
Those that think we aren't and are glad it's over
And those that really just don't care and would like to watch some footy is all.

You won't change any of their minds so whats the point.
Some wittier drug cheat taunts would be good though.

This. Tell me any real supporter would walk away from their club if they went through the same thing. If you walk away during the hard times you don't deserve to enjoy the good times (Yet to come hopefully!)
The be fair, these aren't the regular 'hard times' a supporter expects to have to go through. I can see how a situation like this would cause some supporters to say 'enough'.

Also why the quote "we still get called drug cheats every week" in the thread title when it isn't even mentioned in the entire video? They aren't even complaining about opposition supporters still sledging them, in fact they are talking about moving beyond it all and getting back to supporting football, yet this is what every peanut in this thread is basing it on.

I'm watching jeopardy night after night waiting for the category "Sports Scandals" followed by "Essendon 2012" with the contestant answering, "What are drug cheats?"

**DAILY DOUBLE**

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Tell me any real supporter would walk away from their club if they went through the same thing. If you walk away during the hard times you don't deserve to enjoy the good times (Yet to come hopefully!)
But your club didn't "go through" anything, the rest of the league did.

The drug binge will not be behind your club until your club actually takes actions to leave it behind rather than trying to ride the storm and wait for it to pass.

No it won't, because lovely people like you will always bring it up. Trust me. Even if we shoved Hird in a guillotine you'd probably want more.

I have to say, the drug cheatz thing is just water off the ducks back these days. I know some posters think it's really twisting the knife but it's just the opposite. We're just totally inured to it now, when someone pulls out the "but your club cheated lol" it just has zero impact

I have to say, the drug cheatz thing is just water off the ducks back these days. I know some posters think it's really twisting the knife but it's just the opposite. We're just totally inured to it now, when someone pulls out the "but your club cheated lol" it just has zero impact

Most likely because you supported it

The be fair, these aren't the regular 'hard times' a supporter expects to have to go through. I can see how a situation like this would cause some supporters to say 'enough'.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I can't think of anything (within reason) that would cause me to walk away and not come back.
I have their colours running through my veins.......;)

I'm not sure I follow you train of thought.... I'm pretty sure the other 17 clubs weren't punished for what happened at Essendon...
The 17 other clubs had to compete in a league containing players benefiting from PEDs. You weren't the victims in this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers Fans: "We Still Get Called Drug Cheats Every Week."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back