Fundraiser Bombers In the Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bombers bring to you PINK MONTH….

We all know someone who has lost someone close to the big C!
Cancer does not discriminate!
#****CANCER

In honour of those who we have lost, who are currently battling and those who have survived this horrible disease…….. please donate generously to this worthy cause.

IMG_6898.jpeg

Tue, 1 Oct 2024 – Thu, 31 Oct 2024

*All proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness

• All Donations will receive a pink ribbon badge
  • Donations will be accepted until 30th November.

IMG_6897.jpeg

In honour and memory of all Breast Cancer Survivors and Victims… please dig deep!

Bombers will be representing Breast Cancer Month by wearing a pink ribbon guernsey on Sunday 27th October

IMG_6899.jpeg

We highly encourage other SFA teams to jump on board and get in the PINK

www.justgiving.com

Sweet FA Breast Cancer Awareness

Help Sweet FA raise money to support Australian Breast Cancer Research
** CLICK ON THIS LINK TO DONATE **

Last edited:

I think what she’s done here goes beyond all the other crap that often occurs in The Sweet! I’m really proud of her!
All class.

Well Done to DP and the rest of the team at Baghdad, a great initiative bringing the SFA community together in the name of a good cause.

We have a sweet badge which DemurePrincess is now modelling for us
IMG_6905.png
When you donate please show DP your receipt in private and she will pass your names to me for a badge. If you wish to stay anonymous of course that is also fine.

Breast cancer not only affects women but also men, cancer does not discriminate.
1 in 7 women and 1 in 550 men are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Around 1,000 young women aged under 40 are diagnosed with breast cancer each year, equivalent to about 3 young women each day. Every year over 3,300 people in Australian (including 33 men) will die from breast cancer.

Thank you for running this DP we will get the word out around the site and again showcase what a wonderful community this is. 👏🏻 And also big thanks to everyone else involved and everyone who donates.

Last edited:
I am happy to support this fundraiser as my Mother is a breast cancer survivor of 40+ years and like so many cancer has visited some of my family.

Applause to Demure Princess for initiating this worthy cause and wishing you all the best with it.

Thoughts and best wishes too to all people and their families who have been and are being affected by a cancer diagnosis.

The Bombers bring to you PINK MONTH….

We all know someone who has lost someone close to the big C!
Cancer does not discriminate!
#****CANCER

In honour of those who we have lost, who are currently battling and those who have survived this horrible disease…….. please donate generously to this worthy cause.

Tue, 1 Oct 2024 – Thu, 31 Oct 2024

*All proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness

• All Donations will receive a pink ribbon badge
  • Donations will be accepted until 30th November.

In honour and memory of all Breast Cancer Survivors and Victims… please dig deep!

Bombers will be representing Breast Cancer Month by wearing a pink ribbon guernsey on Sunday 27th October

We highly encourage other SFA teams to jump on board and get in the PINK

www.justgiving.com

Sweet FA Breast Cancer Awareness

Help Sweet FA raise money to support Australian Breast Cancer Research
Awesome cause DP - surely we can pass $5000.

Facts & Figures
  • It is estimated that in 2024 there will be around 169,500 cases of cancer diagnosed, and around 52,700 deaths from cancer in the same year.

• In 2000, there were around 88,000 cases of cancer diagnosed in Australia. Most of the increase in diagnoses is due to increases in population size, and increasing numbers of people reaching older ages. Increasing cancer survival rates also increase the gap between incidence and mortality rates.

• For the years 2016-2020, around 71% of people diagnosed with cancer survived five years after diagnosis. In some cancers such as breast, prostate and melanoma, the survival rate was higher than 90%. In the years 1991 - 1995, the cancer survival rate was 55%.

• Almost one in two Australian men and women will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.

• Males continue to be more likely to be diagnosed with cancer although the difference between males and females in 2024 is less than it was in 2000.

• Cancer incidence rates for the young are increasing with 20,000 cancer cases estimated to be diagnosed in the population aged under 50 in 2024.

• Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – and in 2024, 3 in 10 deaths are estimated to be attributable to cancer.

• In 2024, it is estimated that around 8,900 people will die of lung cancer in Australia. This is the most common cause of cancer-related death.

• Melanoma rates have increased from 53 cases per 100,000 people in 2000 to an estimated 70 cases per 100,000 people in 2024. Since 1996–2000, 5-year melanoma survival rates have been a little over 90%. In 2024, 1,340 deaths are estimated to be from melanoma.

• In 2016-18 there was $252 million in funding provided for cancer research projects and programs in Australia.

The Facts Don’t Lie…

Facts & Figures
  • It is estimated that in 2024 there will be around 169,500 cases of cancer diagnosed, and around 52,700 deaths from cancer in the same year.

• In 2000, there were around 88,000 cases of cancer diagnosed in Australia. Most of the increase in diagnoses is due to increases in population size, and increasing numbers of people reaching older ages. Increasing cancer survival rates also increase the gap between incidence and mortality rates.

• For the years 2016-2020, around 71% of people diagnosed with cancer survived five years after diagnosis. In some cancers such as breast, prostate and melanoma, the survival rate was higher than 90%. In the years 1991 - 1995, the cancer survival rate was 55%.

• Almost one in two Australian men and women will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.

• Males continue to be more likely to be diagnosed with cancer although the difference between males and females in 2024 is less than it was in 2000.

• Cancer incidence rates for the young are increasing with 20,000 cancer cases estimated to be diagnosed in the population aged under 50 in 2024.

• Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – and in 2024, 3 in 10 deaths are estimated to be attributable to cancer.

• In 2024, it is estimated that around 8,900 people will die of lung cancer in Australia. This is the most common cause of cancer-related death.

• Melanoma rates have increased from 53 cases per 100,000 people in 2000 to an estimated 70 cases per 100,000 people in 2024. Since 1996–2000, 5-year melanoma survival rates have been a little over 90%. In 2024, 1,340 deaths are estimated to be from melanoma.

• In 2016-18 there was $252 million in funding provided for cancer research projects and programs in Australia.

The Facts Don’t Lie…
is this fundraiser supporting cancer (as per your above stats) or Breast cancer please DP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is this fundraiser supporting cancer (as per your above stats) or Breast cancer please DP?
Breast Cancer first and foremost but Cancer is Cancer! 🫶🏻

Edit - just wanted to include some facts on how deadly this disease is across the board…not just breast cancer xx

Last edited:
Was going to write a short summary of what my wife went through with cancer.

Cancer is Cancer, but this is about Breast Cancer, so I won’t.

But I will share a short 2nd hand story of a woman that went through breast cancer, she was good friends of my SIL’s my wife knew her but they weren’t close & I had met her only a couple of times.

She was happily married, in her 50’s and developed breast cancer and as time went on had to have both breasts removed. Obvious she was more than upset, because as she said “her boobs were her assets” without them she would feel incomplete.

Was only a matter of months that her husband left her for another woman and she plunged into depression, fortunately she did meet another man who loved her for who she was, she was one of the lucky ones in that situation & last time I heard they’d been married 5 years.

Anyhow what I’m trying to get at and put it in layman’s terms for guys is, it’s either boobs or bums that most of us look at first when we spot a good looking woman.(don’t deny it)
So you can understand a woman’s logic in feeling incomplete without her breast’s.

Imagine for a moment if you had your pride and joy, your penis removed?
Nobody would know other than yourself, but you’d definitely lose your self esteem.

Now if the whole of SFA donated just a $1, it might not sound much, but what if it was that $1 that was the tipping point in finding a cure for this horrible disease?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Fundraiser Bombers In the Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back