Boomer saying he'll be the last to play 400 games

Will there be another 400 gamer after Boomer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig Bradley played 98 SANFL games before playing 375 for Carlton. He also played 9 times for Australia, 19 times for South Australia, night series games for Port (SANFL) and Carlton, first class cricket for SA, grade cricket in Victoria...

Yep 501 senior games including SA and international rules. Plus 27 night games for Carlton.

Also probably could’ve played on at least another season.

Boomer is right. Burgoyne almost certainly wouldn't have got to 400 without the medical sub rule and footy dept cuts meaning he's effectively a playing coach.

Fletcher's Weekend At Bernie's effort in his 400th cheapened the whole thing anyway.

Boomer is right. Burgoyne almost certainly wouldn't have got to 400 without the medical sub rule and footy dept cuts meaning he's effectively a playing coach.

Fletcher's Weekend At Bernie's effort in his 400th cheapened the whole thing anyway.

Fletcher should be on 382 games anyway as the games he played in 2012 were not legitimate.

IMO someone from the Lions current list could make it, as there are a few who played in their first year and haven't missed many games.

96 games - Hugh McCluggage 23 years old
60 games - Zac Bailey 21 years old
108 games - Eric Hipwood 23 years old

They'll need to play for about 20 years and not miss many games

IMO someone from the Lions current list could make it, as there are a few who played in their first year and haven't missed many games.

same as most young first pick players. Stephen Hill had played 108 games at 23 too. Don't think he will play 400 somehow.

What will help them is playing lots of finals and going deep.

same as most young first pick players. Stephen Hill had played 108 games at 23 too. Don't think he will play 400 somehow.
Agree, they also came into the side when it was not very good and got games.

A first pick for a great team, might not be able to crack the first side, for example JUH at the dogs. If he was playing for Kangaroos he probably doesn't miss a game (unless injured)

By my maths:
Tuck - 426 out of 475, missing 49 games (21 of those in his debut and second seasons, you'd assume most if not all were due to not being in the best side for Hawthorn rather than injury)
Bartlett - 403 out of 426, missing 23 games (unlike Tuck stayed in the best side for Richmond from debut to retirement as far as I can tell)
Harvey - 432 out of 470, missing 38 games (played R22 debut season, missed the three finals, wasn't in until R5 the next season but from there was in the best side)
Burgoyne - 399 out of 460, missing 61 games (includes games started as medical sub, even when not coming on like in round 4)

I think Tuck had 2 full years in the reserves too.

Agree, they also came into the side when it was not very good and got games.

A first pick for a great team, might not be able to crack the first side, for example JUH at the dogs. If he was playing for Kangaroos he probably doesn't miss a game (unless injured)

Doubt it given how we managed Will Philips.

Dusty has barely missed a game since debuting - super durable. He'd be a great chance to play 400 if he actually wanted to. Dunno who else among the sub-300 players - Gaff maybe if not for the punishing travel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty has barely missed a game since debuting - super durable. He'd be a great chance to play 400 if he actually wanted to. Dunno who else among the sub-300 players - Gaff maybe if not for the punishing travel

Dusty won't get near 400 i'd be surprised if he goes too far above 300. Doesn't prepare to the standard of the guys who have played 350+, has his notorious off season blow outs. Do you think Boomer Harvey spent the off-season drinking, doing drugs and lying on a couch?

Dusty won't get near 400 i'd be surprised if he goes too far above 300. Doesn't prepare to the standard of the guys who have played 350+, has his notorious off season blow outs. Do you think Boomer Harvey spent the off-season drinking, doing drugs and lying on a couch?
You’ve got to respect them though living their best life, loving what they do.

actually not that uncommon, pavlich, selwood etc
I don’t think it’s very uncommon though. I would’ve thought you’d get more 10 year players on less than 150 games.

I didn't say he actually would but his durability speaks for itself. Has played more games than anyone else in his draft year unless I'm mistaken

Craig Bradley played 98 SANFL games before playing 375 for Carlton. He also played 9 times for Australia, 19 times for South Australia, night series games for Port (SANFL) and Carlton, first class cricket for SA, grade cricket in Victoria...

Craig Bradley should absolutely be included in the 400 club too - SANFL and WAFL games prior to 1987 should be recognized as much as Pre 1987 VFL games are.

I didn't say he actually would but his durability speaks for itself. Has played more games than anyone else in his draft year unless I'm mistaken

correct - but you need to understand most guys who get to 400 games its about length of career. Dusty would need to play another 7 years minimum and he is just about to turn 30.

His game is built around explosiveness not the pendlebury/mundy types who kind of lope around the field and use their skills.

Craig Bradley should absolutely be included in the 400 club too - SANFL and WAFL games prior to 1987 should be recognized as much as Pre 1987 VFL games are.

Nah. He didn't play 400 games in the VFL/AFL.

He is recognised as the player with the most 'top tier' games or whatever it's called. The issue is that the AFL as custodians of the game pay lip service to non-VFL achievements.

Back