Box Hill defeat Geelong by 34 Points! 1st Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Box Hill defeat Geelong by 34 Points! 1st Final

Saw a few Big Footy people in the crowd.

Hawks Heroes behind the goals with the cheer squad.

Looked like RDHopkins2 walking across the field at the end and earlier looked like HoudiniHuddo rugged up sitting in a chair.

Pederson was interviewed after the game by Phil Cleary. Pederson mentioned new coach new game plan. He got that right.

Got to say the tackling was a feature. Example: 4th Q. Geelong kick out from our goals, decides to play on, handballs to Tom Gillies. Immediately caught by Lisle and then Breust. Breust gets the free and the resultant goal. Fierce tackling all day by Box Hill.

Then not long after Pederson stops the Geelong run with a big tackle, ball goes free, to Geelong who kick to Pods I think and then M&M lays a big tackle stopping any play. Excellent, excellent work.

We could do a lot worse than drafting Pederson. Has a never say never die attitude. About 188cm or so but plays tall.

Saw a few Big Footy people in the crowd.

Hawks Heroes behind the goals with the cheer squad.

Looked like RDHopkins2 walking across the field at the end and earlier looked like HoudiniHuddo rugged up sitting in a chair.

I was there too. Don't know any of you boys, but I was the guy next to the cheer squad wearing a green hoodie. I was with mates, including L4FBOTC, and at various times had a variety of kids hanging off me.

After half time, I kitted up and played a match-winning role in a variety of positions.

What a great win, and a great day.

*TWITA my phone ran out of juice so apologies.

Unbelieveable comeback from Box Hill and that 3rd quarter was just sublime. Jubilant scenes in the rooms with "We're A Happy Team At Box Hill" sung with the greatest gusto ever.

An important day in the history of Box Hill, but let's not rest on our laurels. Continue the great work boys! Go Hawks!!

When the chips are down, you fight and fight and fight. Great spirit from the boys who could have easily have dropped their heads!!!!

Think I'll calm down before I post more :)

Don't think, Do!!

Great win buy the boys! I thought the Cats looked dangerous early running through the middle, but the Hawks worked their way into the game and were the superior team, particularly in the second half (I think that was Grizzlym's influence)

I enjoyed watching Box Hill today..They really showed a fighting spirit.
They let the cats in the last qrt, just as well we were quite a bit ahead on the scoreboard..Can't afford to do that in the last quarter! Opposition can kick quite a few goals in succession if you give them a sniff! Golly, Brendan Bolton looks young, how old is he?? :D

Did enough to win the game so happy with that. No major injuries (TBC) I believe so that's another positive. Believe it's Port Melb at Port Melb next week 1.10 on Sat. Will confirm as soon as it's confirmed :D

Did enough to win the game so happy with that. No major injuries (TBC) I believe so that's another positive. Believe it's Port Melb at Port Melb next week 1.10 on Sat. Will confirm as soon as it's confirmed :D

Yze might be in trouble for his round arm on Podsiadly. Steve Kenna may be a chance to return.

We'll wait on Yze. Could be in trouble, but then again the Cats player y'day did the same thing. Wasn't pretty but let's wait and see.

I enjoyed watching Box Hill today..They really showed a fighting spirit.
They let the cats in the last qrt, just as well we were quite a bit ahead on the scoreboard..Can't afford to do that in the last quarter! Opposition can kick quite a few goals in succession if you give them a sniff! Golly, Brendan Bolton looks young, how old is he?? :D

Believe he is taken LMH:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is very impressive.

Stood at the quarter time(s) huddles and he's very calm and focused. Really has a great manner about him and the players obviously 'buy' both his manner and the gamestyle.

I've heard very positive things about Bolton, but seeing him up close coupled with today's victory, especially the way the young hawks came out composed and full of belief in the 3rd, left me with a very positive impression.

Bolton is very impressive.

Stood at the quarter time(s) huddles and he's very calm and focused. Really has a great manner about him and the players obviously 'buy' both his manner and the gamestyle.

I've heard very positive things about Bolton, but seeing him up close coupled with today's victory, especially the way the young hawks came out composed and full of belief in the 3rd, left me with a very positive impression.

The problem with these talented young VFL coaches is that they're pinched by either SANFL clubs or by AFL clubs as assistant coaches. It may not be a bad idea for us to do the later.

The problem with these talented young VFL coaches is that they're pinched by either SANFL clubs or by AFL clubs as assistant coaches. It may not be a bad idea for us to do the later.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did.

He really had the side set up beautifully. The best thing was the young players had the confidence (and discipline) to follow the gameplan.

Very impressive.

I heard Saturday, but let's wait for official confirmation then. Keep both days free people. :)

Couldn't get signal Pete from 3WBC today at the game on my pocket radio but could in the car.....ahwell...need a more powerful radio.

AFL Vic site says Sunday people....see new match thread! You were right Pete. Maybe I won't get the special comments gig once Nat goes to the Tobin Bros lol.

Was very impressed with a couple of Tim's marks. Also Suckling's kicking is sublime!
Tim Walsh is a very likely prospect, has a fair dinkum crack and can take a big contested mark. Suckling has the best skills in the side i was right in the line with the pass to yze in the 3rd quarter under a bit of pressure underneath the geelong player lace out, as good as it gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill defeat Geelong by 34 Points! 1st Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back