Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Box Hill vs Coburb - Who's going?

If anyone is feelin friendly, I'll be wearin my green G-Unit hoody and a Brown beanie, probably be standing at the Maroondah Hwy goals.
icon_wink.gif

OH, and an old school hawks scarf, Just look for the smoke and coke in my hands :p

Box Hill Hawks

B Height Dawson Murphy
HB Hunter Dowler Thurgood
C Allan Ball Eva
HF Gibson N. Smith Muston
F Morton Little Barker
R McEntee Kennedy Moss
Int Hill Cook King
Markovic Bull O'Sullivan
Renouf Daniher Hassett
Buchanan Holmes Shore

Coburg Tigers

B Oakley-Nicholls Robertson Hughes
HB Neville Silvester Casserly
C White Simpson Meyer
HF Mullins Riewoldt Moore
F Jackson Pattison Anderson
R Ronaldson Sewell Howat
Int Horne Foster Rayson
Morgan F. Caruso Graham
Carnell Dowd Shelton
Polo Connors Hill

pretty self explanitory thread
richmond supporters will be hanging onto ?coburb? cos its all they got this year.... I'm sure once our juniors give them a hiding they'll let go , quick smart..... The baron of Bulls... will be there(terry wallace) gee I'm glad we didn't get that clown, and he, no doubt, will put a spin on another loss.... LOOK forward to seeing you there, BENGAL TIGGER!!!!!

richmond supporters will be hanging onto ?coburb? cos its all they got this year.... I'm sure once our juniors give them a hiding they'll let go , quick smart..... The baron of Bulls... will be there(terry wallace) gee I'm glad we didn't get that clown, and he, no doubt, will put a spin on another loss.... LOOK forward to seeing you there, BENGAL TIGGER!!!!!

Do ya think he will be doing an interview with SEN again this year? haha. I think it was last year where he did at half time when some guy let out a "Show us your Wallet Terry!"

I'll be there, looking forward!

Leave Richmond/Hawthorn stuff out it, it's Box Hill v Coburg . . . should be the Mustangs v the Lions, not the Hawks v the Tigers!

Anywho . . . i've had my whinge . . . now let the game begin!

Re: Box Hill Hawks vs Coburg Tigers ANZAC Day Clash @ BH City Oval

The teams as selected

TRUenergy VFL Teams - Round 4 Anzac Day

Box Hill Hawks vs. Coburg Tigers
Wednesday 25th April
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Box Hill Hawks

B Height Dawson Murphy
HB Hunter Dowler Thurgood
C Allan Ball Eva
HF Gibson N. Smith Muston
F Morton Little Barker
R McEntee Kennedy Moss

Int Hill Cook King
Markovic Bull O'Sullivan
Renouf Daniher Hassett
Buchanan Holmes Shore

underline = Hawthorn senior or rookie listed player.

Coburg Tigers

B Oakley-Nicholls Robertson Hughes
HB Neville Silvester Casserly
C White Simpson Meyer
HF Mullins Riewoldt Moore
F Jackson Pattison Anderson
R Ronaldson Sewell Howat
Int Horne Foster Rayson
Morgan F. Caruso Graham
Carnell Dowd Shelton
Polo Connors Hill

Great spirit B2B, but as you already know the Tiger Cubs gave your DAWKETTES a hiding and a footy lesson to boot.

Yes, Jack Riewoldt gave Zac a hiding in general play, but fortunately it wasn't to the tune of 10 goals. But with VFL performances like that Hawthorn couldn't seriously be thinking of promoting him any time soon. 9 goals down at 3 Qtr time, and then it blew out in the last when BH were 'supposed' to be kicking with the aid of the wind. NO MUSTON OR MURPHY....(Hawthorn on Sunday ?) Once again I say Renouf is ready. He is putting his hand up every week for elevation. Gary Moss, simply outstanding ! Luke Mc Entee put in a wonderful effort, alternating in the ruck with Renouf, but all the stuff he does around the ground is tremendous. If he achieves the required fitness level for AFL, we've got a genuine ruckman in him, runs like McPharlin, and climbs almost as high. Dowler displayed good skills, but once again lacked physical presence. We were stop-start-stop-start footy compared to their mostly run at all costs. Their confidence to boot it inside 50 to a contest, compared to our lack of the same fwd6 confidence and cohesion was glaring. Despite our fwd line having Cooky, Nick smith(early), Dowler, Barker and Little. They crumbed everything out of our fwd50 back to the centre so quickly.Cam Hunter made a welcome return, but players denied the opportunity to play for the seniors were Johnson,Jamie Allan, Marcius, Hassett, Hill and Kelleher. Kingy was there but didn't play ???? Morton and Little didn't impress that much today, BUT the biggest stories of the day are(1) the emergence of Moss and (2) the absences of Murphy and Muston.:cool::cool::cool:

Dissapointing today. Cooky looked short of a gallop, and the ball just came out of the forward line too easily. No real pace through the midfield either, and our forwards other than dowler didn't seem to mobile. Dissapointed to see Muston standing in the outer before the match, needed that mobile player to set up forward attacks and float down to kick a couple.

Good crowd, over 3,000 i'd imagine, say 3,500. What's with the red on the new gates? Looks more like an entrance to chinatown! Anyway . . .

Next week!

I'll keep a tally
Wins Losses
Richmond 0 4
Box Hill 0 3
TOTAL 0 7

Poor skills today. Little or no pressure; just generally disappointing. We were out-classed by a far better-drilled Coburg unit.

What did we think of the gates?

I'll post photos soon.

Great spirit B2B, but as you already know the Tiger Cubs gave your DAWKETTES a hiding and a footy lesson to boot.

Coburg Tigers (Richmond)

Jack Riewoldt - 1st Year (0 Games)
Danny Meyer - 3rd Year (14 Games)
Adam Pattison - 3rd Year (20 Games)
Matthew White - 2nd Year (11 Games)
Kelvin Moore - 4th Year (20 Games)
Cam Howat - 2nd Year (8 Games)
Angus Graham - Rookie
Dean Polo - 2nd Year (21 Games)
Daniel Connors - 1st Year (0 Games)

Total Games Experience - 94

Box Hill Hawks (Hawthorn)

Zac Dawson - 4th Year (14 Games)
Beau Dowler - 2nd Year (2 Games)
Matthew Little - 3rd Year (0 Games)
Brent Renouf - 1st Year (0 Games)
Jarryd Morton - 1st Year (0 Games)
Josh Kennedy - 1st Year (0 Games)
Garry Moss - 1st Year (0 Games)
Luke Mcentee (Rookie)
Sam Gibson (Rookie)

Total Games Experience - 16

Missing Hawks

Josh Thurgood
Beau Muston
Travis Tuck
Mitch Thorp
Max Bailey
Tom Murphy

I think the result today is a fair indication of where each sides youth development is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They looked a hell of a lot quicker than us. And we have a young HFC guys mixed with young BHH guys and often they were just brushed aside.
Mossy - Yes. Very smart, played off a wing most of the day. Plays with heaps of initiatve and grunt. Good foot skills.
Kennedy - Great hands. Only touches the footy as an inside mid. Really lacks fitness was puffing hard every time he came off.
Dowler - He must be injured. No high draft pick could be that soft at the contest. Played CHF did not get great service but I expected more.
Morton - Good size. Played off HBF and wing. A couple of nice swoops, a couple of timid acts. Mixed bag of a day.
Little - Has one trick. If he does not mark off the lead he has nothing. His goal kicking is deadly. His field kicking is a disgrace. His opponent ran off him all day. Will surprise if he plays one game for us.
McEntee - Rucked well and second efforts were a standout. A serious leap on this kid. Coming along.
Renouf - First ruck then rested up forward. Going well. Our midfield got smashed so it was hard to judge guys buyt he has all the tools. Is fargin quick for a bloke that size.
Markovic - too slow and was matched up with running players.
Zac - Easily out bodied by Riewoldt. The ball was coming in quick. Cannot see much development in him.
Murphy - was rested or emergency.
Gibson - can run, not excited about the rest of his game.

I posted this report at a few other sites but anyway here it is for what it's worth

It’s a pity such a beautiful day was spoiled by such crap football.
I’ve previously commented on how VFL football was about a second slower than AFL footy but after yesterday I think I’ve developed a new theory.
AFL players will make a skill error once in every 10 possessions where as Boxhill VFL players will make one in every 3 possessions.
Talk about tear your hair out stuff.
I’ve not seen such poor skill and decision making in a long time.
Players missing targets by hand and foot were the norm as was players being sold in to trouble by team mates.
For the life of me I can’t figure why you would choose to handball to a bloke standing flat footed with two opponents next to him.
Passes to leading forwards that force them to stand and wait for the pill to arrive, can only be described as dangerous.

Do I sound frustrated ?

I can live with us being behind in the physical development stakes but I struggle with plain stupid football. What can you say when four defenders fly to spoil a mark whilst a single Tiger stays down and kicks the easy crumbing goal.

Put simply Chrisso has a hell of a lot of work to do to get some semblance of basics back into the squad.

Anyway more about the game.

Murphy and Muston both rested for perhaps bigger things.
Still no sign of Tucky.
Plenty of senior players in attendance including Taylor, Sewell, Campbell, Young, the injured Bailey and Thugood.

They blew us away early and gained a few goal lead. From then on we battled hard but could never bridge the gap. Just when we looked like stringing a few goals together a turnover would see us back to square one. In the end they just over ran us.

Dowler worked hard to present as a leading option. He took several marks on the long lead but struggled to get his timing right as it became hard to predict just what some of his team mates were up to. The “reluctance” to impose himself on a contest in a physical manner was obvious as many have commented. He may well never be a bang and crash player but I still hold hopes that he may become a player similar to Essendons Lucas who’ll work to create his own space.

Little played his typical game making the most of limited opportunities. His biggest problem remains the fact that he often struggles to be a part of the game and short of a couple of goals does “Little” else. He needs more facets to his game and relies heavily on team mates kicking the pill to him. It seems to me that he rarely wins his own footy although yesterday he did chase down his opponent and goal from the resultant free (and 50m penalty)
Evidence to date suggests that at AFL level he’ll never see the thing behind Williams, Franklin Dixon and Boyle. Lets face it he’s not big enough for a KPP. He’s not physically strong enough to avoid being pushed off the footy in a marking contest and he’s not got the leg speed to be a lightening quick crumber. The clock is ticking.

Both Morton and Kennedy looked like kids who’d played two games in five days.
Josh still displayed the clean hands and inside strength that’s excited us but he simply ran out of gas. Morton looks a little lost playing further up the ground but will learn from the experience.

Moss will gain a cult following in no time. He has a red hot go combined with a pretty smart football brain. Surprised me with his clean hands and kicks well over 40m. Perhaps it was the quality of those around him but his decision making stood out. Given he’s had OP and also played (in the two’s) on Saturday he looked to have reasonable fitness. His snap off the pack for a crumbing goal would have pleased a few Hawk fans.

All in all there was a good sized crowd and the gate taking will do the club no harm.
(Pity they ran out of hotdogs before half time)
Plenty of effort went into the day with a band and the obligatory jumping castle for the kids.

Now we just need to lift the on field performance a bit

Thanks Guys for the Box Hill Reports (this time and previous reports).
I like to keep track of our HFC players at Box Hill.

Re: Box Hill Hawks vs Northern Bullants @ Box Hill City Oval

It could be Thorps first game:thumbsu:

Should be a good match, and a TV one at that.

Bullants were very good last year, and won't be expecting much from Box Hill, or paying them much respect.

This is the perfect opporunity to get our first home win, and continue the climb back up into some form and confidence.
Just see how the Kangaroos in the AFL have turned their season around so far.

Andy Collins outcoached us last home match. It will come down to that again, but against Barry Mitchell, who is rehearsing trying to get the Carlton gig. The bullants are playing a lot of very talented Carlton newcomers, and like Coburg, they move the ball like lightning. I wouldn't miss it. Go Stangers !

VFL teams for Round 6.

Saturday

Box Hill Hawks v Northern Bullants
Box Hill Oval, 1:10pm

Box Hill Hawks: B: Thorp, Dawson, Height. HB: Moss, Dowler, Murphy. C: Morton, Ball, Ellis. HF: Gibson, N Smith, Kennedy. F: Roughead, Little, Muston. R: Taylor, J Smith, McGlynn. Int: Markovic, Coombes, Daniher, Shore, Renouf, McEntee. Bull, O'Sullivan, Barker, Johnson, Cook, Eva.

Northern Bullants: B: Hampson, Saddington, Anderson. HB: A Raso, Crow, Flint. C: Jamison, Iacobucci, Benjamin. HF: J Vansittart, Hartlett, J Houlihan. F: F Raso, Morrell, Jacobs. R: A O'hAilpin, Jo Bannister, Blackwell. Int: Siciliano, Colbert, Fahour, Williams, Duggan, Austin, Boundy, Micevski.

VFL teams for Round 6.

Saturday

Box Hill Hawks v Northern Bullants
Box Hill Oval, 1:10pm

Box Hill Hawks: B: Thorp, Dawson, Height. HB: Moss, Dowler, Murphy. C: Morton, Ball, Ellis. HF: Gibson, N Smith, Kennedy. F: Roughead, Little, Muston. R: Taylor, J Smith, McGlynn. Int: Markovic, Coombes, Daniher, Shore, Renouf, McEntee. Bull, O'Sullivan, Barker, Johnson, Cook, Eva.

Northern Bullants: B: Hampson, Saddington, Anderson. HB: A Raso, Crow, Flint. C: Jamison, Iacobucci, Benjamin. HF: J Vansittart, Hartlett, J Houlihan. F: F Raso, Morrell, Jacobs. R: A O'hAilpin, Jo Bannister, Blackwell. Int: Siciliano, Colbert, Fahour, Williams, Duggan, Austin, Boundy, Micevski.

Surely Mcglynn and Taylor are in the seniors.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back