Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

he comes across as somewhat of a snake oil salesman .... being a St Kilda person we have seen our fair share of those over the years ... people who put their own self promotion over the best needs of the club ... with him being a former cham of the club its a hard thing to do telling him to sod off but from experiance it gets worse before it gets better so its best to deal with the "disrespect of the legend" fall out than keep trudging the wrong path hoping it improves ..
Couldn't agree more, but this is a club where the board is not voted on by the members. The only way he leaves is if he steps aside of his own volition, which won't happen. Those on the board won't pull him up either, as they are all as bad he is. Even if he does decide to leave, he can pretty much appoint his successor, as our recently departed dictator Rob Chapman(Chapcescu) did. As bad as Roo is, he is one of many symptoms of the club. The culture is toxic off the field and players that are leaving know it.

Port fans wouldn’t have waited until the team didn’t match to be critical of the club. The first question we would have asked imo would have been why does he want to leave our club? Crows fans here peddled that crouch was being priced out of the club and even still hold onto that.

Kelly’s mismanagement is one issue but that’s just the last ten minutes of the movie so to speak. What happened in the first two acts and what went wrong?
Neither would some of us. Please don't put me in the same bracket as some of the clowns on here that support us.

As far as Kelly goes, the decision to backflip on what he said the club would do would have come from someone higher up. I think you might know who I might be talking about.

Couldn't agree more, but this is a club where the board is not voted on by the members. The only way he leaves is if he steps aside of his own volition, which won't happen. Those on the board won't pull him up either, as they are all as bad he is. Even if he does decide to leave, he can pretty much appoint his successor, as our recently departed dictator Rob Chapman(Chapcescu) did. As bad as Roo is, he is one of many symptoms of the club. The culture is toxic off the field and players that are leaving know it.
yes your board is not voted by members but as members you still have the power to force change at your club ...
you have one of the strongest membership bases if as a collective the members voice their consistant and persistant disapproval they will force the change ... even the most biased SA media cannot ignore the utter outrage of the entire crows membership ... problem is for each one of you that see him as the fraud and see the crouch issue as a total failure by your club there are three members like the numbskull who posted "enjoy our scraps"

yes your board is not voted by members but as members you still have the power to force change at your club ...
you have one of the strongest membership bases if as a collective the members voice their consistant and persistant disapproval they will force the change ... even the most biased SA media cannot ignore the utter outrage of the entire crows membership ... problem is for each one of you that see him as the fraud and see the crouch issue as a total failure by your club there are three members like the numbskull who posted "enjoy our scraps"

That is a fallacy. There has been persistent outrage at the club over the last 2 and a half years by some of the members, which has resulted in little change. Whilst a review was undertaken, the terms of reference of it did not include the board members or the administration of the club, who are the people that employed Burton and Camporeale in the first place, or allowed the camp to go ahead. It was a PR stunt and nothing more. We are given nothing but lip service, which the majority of Crows supporters who are not on this site lap up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are given nothing but lip service, which the majority of Crows supporters who are not on this site lap up.
Agreed. But you have too many Lindys and Ambassadors out there who just flood the media perception of them and allow them to get away with it.

As you should be. I took a squiz at your board yesterday and wowee the knives are out.

I'd be ropable if my club did that, and we've done some amazingly stupid sh*t ourselves.
the only positive for the crows is that they at least got a draft pick in pick 23.

Ahh yes, the notorious 'overs' we paid for Dan Butler - Pick 56 for a guy who was unlucky to not be AA this year.

Should have done the Hogan trade aye. It's like the reverse of Butler - first and a second out, two years later you've netted 64 and .... 54 for it.
My team wouldnt of been the 1st side in trading or using a top 10 pick on a tall forward.

Your team used pick 1 in 2014 on Paddy McCartin.

Wasnt the saints fault. McCartin had a fair bit of injuries and concussions.

My team wouldnt of been the 1st side in trading or using a top 10 pick on a tall forward.

Your team used pick 1 in 2014 on Paddy McCartin.

Wasnt the saints fault. McCartin had a fair bit of injuries and concussions.

The clear 1 and 2 going into that draft were McCartin and Petracca.

It makes me feel ill thinking about how good our list might be right now if we had Petracca instead of a retired McCartin.

But I still can't really fault the club for picking him, it was a coin toss between the 2 and we desperately needed a key forward at the time.

The clear 1 and 2 going into that draft were McCartin and Petracca.

It makes me feel ill thinking about how good our list might be right now if we had Petracca instead of a retired McCartin.

But I still can't really fault the club for picking him, it was a coin toss between the 2 and we desperately needed a key forward at the time.
Dont you Worry, Freo was in a similar situation in that 2010 Draft.

Had a chance to choose a Promising tall Forward in Jack Darling. Who knows, Freo could of won a flag in 2013 with Pav at FF and a 21-22 year old Jack Darling at CHF.

Freo chose a tall but talented Victorian 190cm tall flanker in Jayden Pitt. He played 10 games from 2011-13. Retired with a heart illness. He risked death had he kept playing.

Not Getting Jeremy McGovern with a 4th or 5th rounder in that same 2010 draft was another stuff up by freo too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont you Worry, Freo was in a similar situation in that 2010 Draft.

Had a chance to choose a Promising tall Forward in Jack Darling. Who knows, Freo could of won a flag in 2013 with Pav at FF and a 21-22 year old Jack Darling at CHF.

Not Getting Jeremy McGovern with a 4th or 5th rounder in that same 2010 draft was another stuff up by freo too.
If only Jack hadn't been naughty on school camp maybe he wouldn't have drifted so far in the 2010 draft.

Regarding McGovern, if only you had kept his old man at your club for a few more seasons. or better still, they had the old 50 game rule, Jeremy would have been yours all along, as would Mitch.

Let's not mention picking Alex Forster 1 pick ahead of Elliot Yeo in the following draft either for that matter.

All clubs have made bad choices.

If only Jack hadn't been naughty on school camp maybe he wouldn't have drifted so far in the 2010 draft.

Regarding McGovern, if only you had kept his old man at your club for a few more seasons. or better still, they had the old 50 game rule, Jeremy would have been yours all along, as would Mitch.

Let's not mention picking Alex Forster 1 pick ahead of Elliot Yeo in the following draft either for that matter.

All clubs have made bad choices.
yeah we all know about the Darling story.

As for both McGoverns. Paul Hasleby basically begged Freo to take him on the rookie list in 2010 but we didn't.

As for Mitch McGovern. Freo had the chance to get him before the crows but chose Connor Blakely with our 2nd rounder.

Don't regret using our 1st rounder on Lachie Weller as 3 years down the track some how got out pick 2 in ba trade with the suns

yeah we all know about the Darling story.

As for both McGoverns. Paul Hasleby basically begged Freo to take him on the rookie list in 2010 but we didn't.

As for Mitch McGovern. Freo had the chance to get him before the crows but chose Connor Blakely with our 2nd rounder.

Don't regret using our 1st rounder on Lachie Weller as 3 years down the track some how got out pick 2 in ba trade with the suns
To think, you overlooked another local product in Jason Johannisen in the same rookie draft as Jeremy McGovern.

Personally, I would think that Blakely is every bit as good, if not a better player than Mitch. You didn't lose there.

You drafted Andrew Brayshaw with that pick that you got for Lachie Weller, so probably a fair result for both clubs.

So it's confirmed Adelaide where trying to get pick 2 but as soon as the AFL got wind of it St Kilda pulled out.

Glad the perpetrators this time paid for their crime.

Ricciuto is an idiot.

I don't believe St Kilda rate Crouch highly enough to pay him over 500k a season, but aren't prepared to pay a late first for him. They weren't embarrassed by Richmond. A couple of extra pieces and who knows? They have plenty of youth too so not like they desperately need to keep it.

Ricciuto has been swindled and he is embarrassing himself by making the claims he is making.

So it's confirmed Adelaide where trying to get pick 2 but as soon as the AFL got wind of it St Kilda pulled out.

Glad the perpetrators this time paid for their crime.

Sounds like any off season though. Clubs talk, AFL approves or doesn't. They can even disapprove pure draft pick trades. I'm not sure it's that big a deal.

Funny that the Crows were relying on honesty from St Kilda.

Sort of wish they did the deal, cleared Dunstans 400k off for nothing, then didn't up the offer on Crouch and used the 400k for Treloar instead.

Wow was watching the Saints and at one point Bombers were running the ball up the wing. Crouch was jogging and not once but twice they ran past him and he didnt even bother trying to lay pressure. He didnt even move his line towards them, he just jooged along as they ran past.

He has zero defensive intent. None. Nida. Crows were smart to let him go. Add Hill as well and the Saints have two unaccountable mids to exploit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back