Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wrong the Crows did not take up the option of matching, re Pick 2 or not deal.
I was under the impression from a reliable source that it was very good terms, ie length and Money, Lenght being the key,
The Saints played this well and Played the Crows very well Kudo's to them
End of the Day the Crows decided 5 years was too long for Brad, I honestly thought they would accept,

But one thing I do know Brad would have stayed and Played well if the deal fell through,
So more importantly ... How does Brads girlfriend feel about moving to the big city ..does she have career opportunities or just happy to be a well kept WAG ..

yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
body held by band aids, alwaysinjured 80 games in 8 years
Drug user

we wanted him out, so you can have our slops good luck

oh and did I mention banned for two games before he can even play, well he will be injured anyway
ha ha lol enjoy
salty much ??

yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
Drug user

oh and did I mention banned for two games before he can even play, well he will be injured anyway
ha ha lol enjoy

what a shit post. you've made some horrible contributions to this thread and to end it on this sour note is funny.

We don’t have a choice. Only 2/9 positions on the board are member elected.

the AFL's control over the SA teams boards (and I think some other interstate clubs have similar issues) is outrageous and a clear attempt by the VFL to maintain some sort of control. I've spoken on it before that its crap and the non-vic clubs should be banding together to fight for changes.

having said that port is operating under the same conditions and we haven't had these problems the crows have had. we just have one hand tied behind our back.

the crows have an issue with the boys club, and the way the media and fans believe the crows rhetoric which allows the crows to continue their ways unchallenged. these issues aren't created by the afl board stipulations on your club.

yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
Drug user

ha ha lol enjoy
Some serious hurt in this post.

Let it all out mate, let it all out.

yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
Drug user

ha ha lol enjoy
188 posts in this thread and you come out with that....

Hilarious.

Best. Melt. Ever.

yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
Drug user

ha ha lol enjoy
This is a really pathetic post after everything you’ve said previously on here.

How would you have gone about it if you were the crows?
Hard to say as they would have a lot more knowledge on crouch's postion. Starting to sound like the damage was already done to that relationship before the FA period began.

But a public bluff vs a private bluff, both are still bluffs but now look what the administration has to deal with. Adelaide board has posters saying they have contacted the club dropping memberships, the animosity is growing,
Everything would have been better behind closed doors.

Why is the only question crows supporters asking is 'why didn't the crows handle crouch's contract situation differently' and not why does a senior established well paid player with cushy media gigs and a brother at the club want to leave?

head in the sand stuff going on there. that is the question you should be asking but I think the reason no crows fans are asking that is telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is the only question crows supporters asking is 'why didn't the crows handle crouch's contract situation differently' and not why does a senior established well paid player with cushy media gigs and a brother at the club want to leave?

head in the sand stuff going on there. that is the question you should be asking but I think the reason no crows fans are asking that is telling.
We know the reason - he wanted a 5 year deal due to injury history, and we didn't want to give it.

That part is obvious.

The saints had one thing going for them. They were willing to offer a long term deal. We had to remove that power, and let it be known that we would offer a long term deal before the FA bid went in.
As someone on the crows board put up:

We simply said we'd match if not #2 , believing that was a bluff ......it couldn't be a negotiation bluff, we had told Brads Manager over & again, no 5 year contract ...... that's the point that had to be addressed and bluffed on, not ignored as the Crows did

They had to state B4 St Kilda put the FA bid in ......"we know we have steadfastly refused to provide a 5 year contract to Brad ....but if that's the difference of getting a reasonable pick or potentially an end of 2nd round, then we can carry that contract in a rebuild "

The statement went against the Crows previously stated position & also what was the assumptions behind the Saints Contract ....simply 5 years will scare off the Crows, the $$$ simply to satisfy Crouch

That statement or words to that effect, would have had the Saints 2nd guessing their assumptions, and would have resulted in an increased contract ......why? ...because they really wanted Crouch

The Crows ringing up other clubs to beg them to take a player and pay them way overs. Sad.
Agree, it looks really desperate.

At that point, we should have said we would pay $100-200k of his salary if they offer a pick. We have cap space and will so for the next few years to be able to afford it. Effectively, we would have been paying 100-200k for a first round draft pick. In our situation, you would do that.

I actually couldn't care less what happens as long as we keep our first pick. I do know with your way of thinking that has the potential to stuff that up but luckily the people in charge these days have a brain and don't see things like yourself and will see it done right.

You were saying...

Outraged fan wants his club to crack the shits and burn a player after having a nightmare few seasons where their team looked unprofessional.

that will go down well

Port seemed to do ok with Nick Stevens. Unusual for a Port fan the be having a crack over this one.

seems Geelong r out of the race thank god. Six clubs. Bidding war. Sorry but pick 2 still on cards suck eggs all vic clubs. Nm sorry now pick log and and hollands lol 😁 happy times at Adelaide for our supporters. Don’t worry Geelong u will be fine with 31 year old higgins
yea good player hmm

b grader
no hurt factor
Drug user

ha ha lol enjoy

You don't really seem that happy anymore!

The saints had one thing going for them. They were willing to offer a long term deal. We had to remove that power, and let it be known that we would offer a long term deal before the FA bid went in.
As someone on the crows board put up:

We simply said we'd match if not #2 , believing that was a bluff ......it couldn't be a negotiation bluff, we had told Brads Manager over & again, no 5 year contract ...... that's the point that had to be addressed and bluffed on, not ignored as the Crows did

They had to state B4 St Kilda put the FA bid in ......"we know we have steadfastly refused to provide a 5 year contract to Brad ....but if that's the difference of getting a reasonable pick or potentially an end of 2nd round, then we can carry that contract in a rebuild "

The statement went against the Crows previously stated position & also what was the assumptions behind the Saints Contract ....simply 5 years will scare off the Crows, the $$$ simply to satisfy Crouch

That statement or words to that effect, would have had the Saints 2nd guessing their assumptions, and would have resulted in an increased contract ......why? ...because they really wanted Crouch

I agree with that, except, especially in hindsight, but many people were saying in the first place, he was never going to get pick 2. The whole issue was the pie in the sky thought that somehow they could get it.
It was being reported well before trade week that Brad wanted a longer term deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back