News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pettigrew, Davenport and Motlop Gone

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have Brad on the list at the cheap price we got him for, I just think the calls that he'll be a walk up start into our best 18 are misguided. He certainly could be, but if (big if) Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Pearce, Cassisi, Salopek and Rodan are all fit and in form, then they're all better players than Brad.

Non of them have put their body on the line enough bar Cassisi and Dom could do with a bit more size. Pearce has never been good defensively and and Sal can't play as reckless as he used to. We are relying on Brad to be a bigger body that won't be pushed off the ball. Brad is big enough and has never been given this opportunity. Brad is a good move IMO.

Being home and with more responsibility we could see him as a big accumulator. He would have moved into the middle with the Eagles in the future but they have more depth

Putting your body on the line is worthless when you kick it back to the opposition.

But it is the process for a team possession, you don't have to be the individual who gets the possession.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have Brad on the list at the cheap price we got him for, I just think the calls that he'll be a walk up start into our best 18 are misguided. He certainly could be, but if (big if) Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Pearce, Cassisi, Salopek and Rodan are all fit and in form, then they're all better players than Brad.
Ebert will be competing with Broadbent, Kornes and Thomas mostly, at a stretch with Banner and Sal, and at a very long stretch with Dom and Rodan.
The other person he will be competing for a spot with is his cousin.

Trading for Ebert now will also help big time if we were to lose a midfielder to GWS next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back