News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert to Port Adelaide

LOL.

That's our Rohdey.

'So umm yeah, we've been tapping up Brad for years and we couldn't have given a shit what Broges and Chard were doing next year!... Can I still haz drafting pick and leaf our player aloon!!1'

Honestly.
Love the way you are able to just nail it. :D :thumbsu: :D

I can't see any reason to bag out Rohde.

He's just finalised a negotiation to bring home Brad Ebert for - as gopower pointed out - a 17 pick downgrade of pick 28 and two 'retired' veterans. And that's from West Coast's starting point of pick 6.

As far as tapping up goes, every club does it. Adelaide openly admitted it after they recruited Scott Thompson as did Freo when they pinched Josh Carr off us post-2004. I'm glad he admits we do it too. At least we know Port aren't sitting around on their hands which would be the accusation otherwise.

And as far as his comments on Chad and Brogan go - he said exactly what everyone was thinking. We thought they had retired. When we found they hadn't we fought for some sort of compensation. What we received helped get the Ebert deal over the line.

I reckon it would kill some posters here to give the guy some credit.

He's just finalised a negotiation to bring home Brad Ebert for - as gopower pointed out - a 17 pick downgrade of pick 28 and two 'retired' veterans. And that's from West Coast's starting point of pick 6.

As far as tapping up goes, every club does it. Adelaide openly admitted it after they recruited Scott Thompson as did Freo when they pinched Josh Carr off us post-2004. I'm glad he admits we do it too. At least we know Port aren't sitting around on their hands which would be the accusation otherwise.

And as far as his comments on Chad and Brogan go - he said exactly what everyone was thinking. We thought they had retired. When we found they hadn't we fought for some sort of compensation. What we received helped get the Ebert deal over the line.

Spot on Ford. Some people would bag Rhode if he landed Ablett and Franklin for picks 28 and 33. Go figure.

Hopefully Lycett, Polec, Growden and Davis are all receiving their birthday cards and complimentary Planet Teal memberships.:D

Hopefully Lycett, Polec, Growden and Davis are all receiving their birthday cards and complimentary Planet Teal memberships.:D

Timmy's there in his ThundaPower costume as we speak, contracts loaded in the chin. :cool:

Its not about Rohde himself but the club in general.
Our media savvy sucks big time and has sucked big time for quite a while.

I thought he did alright. I also like we kept some integrity in our dealings instead of being pricks.

I would assume our lack of mature age interest is because where our list is at.

Well said Ford:thumbsu:

We've certainly come out of this trade period ticking the right boxes. Kept pick 6, picked up a young, but mature ruckman and added to our midfield rotations with a guy who will help our 2nd tier onballers.

If we can get at least two assistants with some experience and proven quality, that will cap off a good post-season period.

Brad Ebert Joins Port Adelaide
“Ever since he was drafted, we kept up contact with Brad and have maintained an interest in getting him to Port Adelaide,” Rohde said."
“As far as we were concerned earlier in the year, Chad and Broges had retired,” Rohde said.

“So when it became known to us their careers might be extended, it was in Port Adelaide’s interests to fight for whatever we could get in return.

Brad Ebert Joins Port Adelaide
Not the best of quotes. :eek:
Some things are best not said and kept in house.

I don't really see anything wrong with what Rohde has said. Why exactly is this a stuff up? Some posters on this board need to get themselves out of the groupthink and form their own opinions.

It's also a bit disingenuous to leave this bit out:

Rohde said the club was pleased to give Cornes and Brogan the opportunity to pursue their options at Greater Western Sydney, and at the same time achieve a valuable outcome for Port Adelaide.

I don't really see anything wrong with what Rohde has said. Why exactly is this a stuff up? Some posters on this board need to get themselves out of the groupthink and form their own opinions.

Yeah got me beat. I have no issue with making those comments once the deal is done.

Apparently he also said that we could have got Brad in the PSD but wanted to trade fair.

It's also a bit disingenuous to leave this bit out:
When you consider all the whining we did wrt Carr, Stevens, Trengove etc it is not a good thing to say we have been pissing in Brad's ear all along.
As I posted in the reply to Ford it is not about Rohde but the club as a whole. I hope that we use some of the money the AFL has donated to us on media people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with enquiring with a player how he's going and feeling? Brad could have saiud loving life and nothing more would be done.

When you consider all the whining we did wrt Carr, Stevens, Trengove etc it is not a good thing to say we have been pissing in Brad's ear all along.
As I posted in the reply to Ford it is not about Rohde but the club as a whole. I hope that we use some of the money the AFL has donated to us on media people.

Funny, I don't recall the club whining at all about those three.

All clubs act in their own best interests. I'm sure Gray and Boak have regular calls from Victorian clubs.

Nothing to see here.

I have read a few more articles that have come out since
The new articles are all about:
... we could have gone to the PSD but wanted to do the right thing ...
Had we had not traded with GWS Brogan and Cornes would not have been playing next year and we would not be happy doing that to club champions etc.
All good stuff.

There is nothing about being in Brad's ear etc. because of that, and only because of that, its time for me to backtrack. :thumbsu:

Why do people want Marc Lock? If I was making a 'things we don't need more of' list, slow defensive midfielders and players with attitude problems would be No. 1 and 2 on my list.

And I have no issue with anything Rhode said after the deal was done. TBH I can't understand why anybody would.

I can't see any reason to bag out Rohde.....
Spot on. A great balance between a good result and not burning our bridges for coming years.

I thought he did alright. I also like we kept some integrity in our dealings instead of being pricks.....
Exactly.

.....Apparently he also said that we could have got Brad in the PSD but wanted to trade fair.
Which will be importantg when, as will inevitably happen, the footy boot is on the other foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back