News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

bradebert.jpg

It's a bit dodgy but.

I think we could have been a bit more adventurous. Extremely happy with new players, but would have been good to get involved in the picks that were getting tossed around on last day. Crows swapping 24 for 27 and 31 is a doozy. But we seem to just do what we have to year in year out, so won't get too distressed about it.

PTV are so bad at putting together highlights packages.
Yeah that looks the case based on that highlights video. From that Geelong game that had a couple of highlights they should have put in the occasions during the game where he put his body on line and took one for the team. Disappointed to see him go but I hope Brad plays well for you.

Leet11, what's with the video being titled Brett Ebert Highlights? A joke I suppose since you're an Eagles supporter.
EDIT: I see you've fixed the Title of the video.

Lets not be mistaken, Brad is a fantatsic get for our club. And pick 28 is so far 'unders' its not funny. WC should be spewing.

The kid will walk into our best 22 and starting midfield. The only midfielders picked before him would be Boak and Hartlett (don't think Gray will ever become a full time mid). IMO he starts in front of Cassisi, Thomas, Logan, Cornes etc. Unlike these guys Ebert is also a great overhead mark for his size, something our midfield has been lacking for a long time.

I have watched a lot of WC over the last 3 years and Brad just continues to improve and impress.

Well played Port Adelaide and welcome home Bradl!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Pettigrew, Davenport and Motlop Gone

there is more to a club that what you see on the field....

what if giving brett a medium contract for the next 2 years was the bait it required to get brad here? is it worth it then?

Either way, I think with a full preseason we may finally see brett get an extended run in the middle this year as a strong bodied midfielder....

there is more to a club that what you see on the field....

what if giving brett a medium contract for the next 2 years was the bait it required to get brad here? is it worth it then?

Either way, I think with a full preseason we may finally see brett get an extended run in the middle this year as a strong bodied midfielder....

Maybe if Brad Ebert was Gary Ablett, it would be worth it.

But he's not. Average at best, listclogger spud at worst - I fail to see how it was advantageous to give Brett an extended contract and ransom ourselves in the process just to lure over his equally mediocre cousin.

And I would have thought that Port might have learnt by now what a bad idea it is to draft cousins/brothers considering how burned we've been by the Cornes/Burgoyne/Motlop/Westhoff combinations. When has it ever really worked out for us? Why do we think having two Eberts at the club is a good idea, especially when neither of them are going to set the world on fire?

And meanwhile, a perfectly servicable Motlop has been given the flick. Whatever, it's done, no point whinging about it I suppose. I'm just a bit over it.

maybe if brad ebert was gary ablett, it would be worth it.

But he's not. Average at best, listclogger spud at worst - i fail to see how it was advantageous to give brett an extended contract and ransom ourselves in the process just to lure over his equally mediocre cousin.

And i would have thought that port might have learnt by now what a bad idea it is to draft cousins/brothers considering how burned we've been by the cornes/burgoyne/motlop/westhoff combinations. when has it ever really worked out for us? why do we think having two eberts at the club is a good idea, especially when neither of them are going to set the world on fire?

And meanwhile, a perfectly servicable motlop has been given the flick. Whatever, it's done, no point whinging about it i suppose. I'm just a bit over it.

2002, 2003, 2004 & 2007

Maybe if Brad Ebert was Gary Ablett, it would be worth it.

How many Gary Ablett's are there in the competition hey mate?

But he's not. Average at best, listclogger spud at worst

Brad is a good midfielder who played practically all year in the 4th best team, that aint shabby in my book.

And I would have thought that Port might have learnt by now what a bad idea it is to draft cousins/brothers considering how burned we've been by the Cornes/Burgoyne/Motlop/Westhoff combinations. When has it ever really worked out for us?

Oh get off the grass

The Burgoynes and Cornes were all valuable, even vital parts of the 2004 premiership.

It was only in their waning years did we see faults, prior to that they were well worth their salt.

And meanwhile, a perfectly servicable Motlop has been given the flick. Whatever, it's done, no point whinging about it I suppose. I'm just a bit over it.

Daniel will be 30 years old in March.

For a bloke who has been marginal for a couple of years just how much long term value do you reckon he could be?

What value would we get out of playing Daniel instead of any of the juniors who will be with us for our next push into the finals?

Plus the intangibles the off-field problems Daniel has provided for our club, frankly we do not need that sort of crap.

There is no way in hell Brett Ebert is a better addition to our side than Motlop.

What an absolute joke. :thumbsdown:

Daniel Ebert would've been retained over Brett Motlop, that's for sure.

*PAF said:
How many of our midfielders would sneak into the WCE side as a sub most weeks and then get played at half forward because they weren't considered good enough to play in their midfield, before getting dropped entirely for the finals when injured players returned?

EFA, and pretty sure all of them could've managed that. Brad's OK, but he's massively overrated on this board.

... EFA, and pretty sure all of them could've managed that. Brad's OK, but he's massively overrated on this board.
:eek: FF gets upset with that sort of stuff. ;)

Anyway I am not sure Ebert is overrated by many if any, but IMO many are overrating what we paid to get him.
Pick 28 after 12 players have already been taken out of the draft by GWS in 2010 already becomes pick 40. Add to that the fact that this is supposedly a shallow draft and it would equate to 40-50ish next year.
Would posters here be happy (next year) if we traded pick 50 for him? I would think so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have Brad on the list at the cheap price we got him for, I just think the calls that he'll be a walk up start into our best 18 are misguided. He certainly could be, but if (big if) Boak, Gray, Hartlett, Pearce, Cassisi, Salopek and Rodan are all fit and in form, then they're all better players than Brad.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Ebert traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back