Brad Fisher-Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
You serious? Was it Myee8's suggestion?

In Digby and Petrie you have one of the better combinations going around, and with Hale and McIntosh coming through, there is the chance North could have the best forward line in the league within 3 years.

Gumby's only attribute is that he can intimidate the opposition, not an area where North struggle (although trading Choppy affected that area, obviously).

I think a few were disapointed when we traded him, because he did show a fair bit in a few games. I just reckon he is a headcase, with some ability, but mostly due to his size and relative mobility. Everytime I see him he loses his temper, but not in an intimidating way, just gives away silly frees or gets rubbed out. I get the impression he is keeping a spot warm for a much more talented kid that Thompson doesn't want to bring on yet.

Digby is in strife IMO. I have seen Hamish a bit now, and he is a massive kid who is going to be enormous, is very mobile and has a magic leap. Awesome hands. Hale has been outstanding in the two's, and should replace Porter, but will also play forward. Digby has talent, but like Mooney, should be pushed aside for better kids. Plays to many bad games.

I'm sure if the AFL had of realised that players of the quality of Fisher were available at around 74th pick in the draft and that they also forgot to penalise Carlton Pick No. 1 in the Rookie Draft they would have given Carlton harsher penalties. So up yours Demetriou and Evans.

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
I just reckon he is a headcase, with some ability, but mostly due to his size and relative mobility. Everytime I see him he loses his temper

To be fair, he has curbed his temper in the past 12 months (until last Saturday, anyway).

He still gives away the odd dumb free, but he has improved greatly in this area.

I get the impression he is keeping a spot warm for a much more talented kid that Thompson doesn't want to bring on yet.

That'd be Tom Lonergan, the kid who has had a few bags of 5 so far this year in the VFL.

Not sure how much truth there is to this though. Bomber has stated on numerous occassions that he believes Gumby is the lifeblood of our team, thus he gets selected, regardless of form.

Said something like "when Cam plays well, the team plays well".

Seems like Bomber is the only guy who rates the hack.

Digby is in strife IMO.

I'd give my left nut to have Digby in our forward line right now.

He'd have to be a trade target for us, although with Ablett and Blake arriving (both KPP), we might end up with too many talls.

Originally posted by agro
I'm sure if the AFL had of realised that players of the quality of Fisher were available at around 74th pick in the draft and that they also forgot to penalise Carlton Pick No. 1 in the Rookie Draft they would have given Carlton harsher penalties. So up yours Demetriou and Evans.

Right beside you Aggro. Evans can stick it up his hypocrital ar$e and Demetriou...please God, get the lightning bolts handy. Andy Pandy at the throne of the AFL would be as palatable as dog snot. (No offense to Footscray supporters)

Originally posted by Orangewhip
Right beside you Aggro. Evans can stick it up his hypocrital ar$e and Demetriou...please God, get the lightning bolts handy. Andy Pandy at the throne of the AFL would be as palatable as dog snot. (No offense to Footscray supporters)

Count me in boys.......and plenty more to come.

I never doubted Fishers talent.

I was actually hoping the Swans would pick him up, after following his stats more of the year through the TAC cup website.

I wish him the best.
I am happy with who we picked up though, Malceski, Thewlis and Dempster.

Malceski is always listed in our best in Reserves and Dempster and Thewlis are up there most of the time aswell.

A couple of them MAY get a chance this season, but I think they will play mostly next season.

J.McVeigh seems to be class, but isn't anywhere near big enough for AFL yet. Will take a bit of time to develop physically.

Our other kids Sundqvist, Powell, LRT, Schneider, Meiklejohn all doing well and have all debuted this season (other than Sunny who played 1 match last season).

Im quite happy with out position in terms of young talent :)

Originally posted by Orangewhip
Originally posted by SurreyBlue
Count me in boys.......and plenty more to come.
I'm in. Pathetic that such a bunch of vitriolic predjudiced arsewipes could be allowed to have so much power in running OUR game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Fisher-Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back