Brad Green - sorry mate, your time is up

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen Brad put his body over the ball many times. I respect what he has done. The AFL equivalent of the Grim Reaper waits for no man. It is time to go.

The real blunder is Davey. Remember, coming off the heels of Brick's departure in 2009, we were so desperate to keep him? FMD - a four year contract. He had a very good 2010 but ever since he hurt his leg against Hawthorn, he has never been the same.

In retrospect, it would have been better to let him go in 2009 when he still commanded currency in the market-place. Now he is worth zippo.

To be fair, it is hard to let go of players when they are in their prime just because they demand an extra year or two on their contract.

I know he's down on form and confidence, but geeze there's a lineup for Green's head atm. At this rate we'll have no players over 25 left.

It's only Week 2 yeah? Are we seriously calling time on the career of one of the club's great servants who a bit over a year ago was a whisper away from AA selection? In Week 2?

The club has been through hell the past month. I think we need to give the players a chance before calling for them to join the Centrelink cues.

Green needs to play against Richmond.

I know he's down on form and confidence, but geeze there's a lineup for Green's head atm. At this rate we'll have no players over 25 left.

It's only Week 2 yeah? Are we seriously calling time on the career of one of the club's great servants who a bit over a year ago was a whisper away from AA selection? In Week 2?

The club has been through hell the past month. I think we need to give the players a chance before calling for them to join the Centrelink cues.

To be fair Sprout the lineup for Green's head is fair. He is our most experienced player yet he is probably our worst leader, which simply can't happen. This doesn't just stem from his two poor games to start the year, but from 2011 as well. Davey copped the chop for poor form and Green should not be exempt, regardless of 2010 form and how long in to the season we are.

If you don't perform you get dropped and he has been in our bottom few for the last few weeks now. For a player of his experience that's simply not good enough.

It has been really sad to watch Brad Green play last year and this. My mates question his endeavour and whether he wants to be out there. I give him the benefit of the doubt and tell them that the game has just passed him by.

Not only is he giving us little, but he is being exploited when we inevitably turn the footy over. (See Handlee in round 1.) We layed one tackle in our forward 50 against WCE. Brad provides zero defensive pressure. :(

It has been really sad to watch Brad Green play last year and this. My mates question his endeavour and whether he wants to be out there. I give him the benefit of the doubt and tell them that the game has just passed him by.

Not only is he giving us little, but he is being exploited when we inevitably turn the footy over. (See Handlee in round 1.) We layed one tackle in our forward 50 against WCE. Brad provides zero defensive pressure. :(

100% couldn't agree more

I watched the 2009 game v WCE at Subi in rd 7 I think it was.... Anyway guys like Bennell and Davey were instrumental with their run and carry and decision making... Sad to see neither can produce it today

At this rate we'll have no players over 25 left.

C'mon. Mentality like that makes for a weak club.

I don't see how his past form/been over 25yo guarantees him a game.

He has been awful. As a senior player, he has been even worse.

Not calling for career to be ended but Casey bound.

Green was moved behind the ball a few years ago with reasonable success.

Given the murdering of your midfield the last couple of weeks - it isn't exactly easy for forwards - I'm a little surprised he hasn't been given a role for which he has performed in.

He provides reasonable run and a long kick forward to break up zones.

At half forward he is just lost.

I don't disagree that a dropping is in order - it might reinvigorate his career if he realises he is losing what he cherishes most.

Given the murdering of your midfield the last couple of weeks - it isn't exactly easy for forwards - I'm a little surprised he hasn't been given a role for which he has performed in.

I don't disagree that a dropping is in order - it might reinvigorate his career if he realises he is losing what he cherishes most.

Nice sensible post mate. I've also thought the same thing. It could be possible, and a last chance for Green before he's lost to Casey. I just wonder if he's got the pace to go with midsized opposition forwards.

I think that Melbourne needs to start selecting the teams with their head and not their heart. Brad Green is a great example. Served us greatly for many years, but now he just can't play at an AFL level.

I think that Melbourne needs to start selecting the teams with their head and not their heart. Brad Green is a great example. Served us greatly for many years, but now he just can't play at an AFL level.

I think that's happening now with Neeld - but it's 2 rounds in and he still doesn't 'know' the players. Sure he's seen them at training but fact is that in regards to them playing, he's only seen 2 games.

That coupled with a new game plan and senior players not pulling their fingers out, it's no wonder we've been flogged in the first 2 rounds.

They've got to work out who still can play & help, & who doesn't.
I want us to move forward with some new boys & hardness.

But right now this week I'm 50/50 re Green.

But to me I think this year is his Swan song?

They've got to work out who still can play & help, & who doesn't.
I want us to move forward with some new boys & hardness.

But right now this week I'm 50/50 re Green.

But to me I think this year is his Swan song?

Thanks TFS.
You ever thought about coaching, yourself? Maybe you should give it a try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Green - sorry mate, your time is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back