Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought rushing Melksham back was dumb as dogshit but he's looked remarkably good at his age coming off a knee. Not an ounce of fat on him.

Kicked 2 (should have had another from a set shot dead in front) and had 3 direct goal assists. Including some very smart play. Makes our forward line a lot better.

If you can’t enjoy a win and want to pick the shit out of last night to find all the negatives, you do you.
To see the young guys go about it was a great watch. We did seem to run out of steam in the end but loved the effort all night. Reckon we’ll never see Hunter BBB Schache and Billings again. (Billings probably plays again at some point though I guess)

Thought rushing Melksham back was dumb as dogshit but he's looked remarkably good at his age coming off a knee. Not an ounce of fat on him.

Kicked 2 (should have had another from a set shot dead in front) and had 3 direct goal assists. Including some very smart play. Makes our forward line a lot better.
Yeah he’s been great since returning. He is the ultimate professional. Reckon a chance he gets another year TBH.

4 goals in 2 games, has given off 2 gifts and missed a sitter, so potentially 7 goals plus the assists, been fantastic.

We're not winning a flag this year, but I'd take wrecking things for a team or two on the run home.

For instance, a win against Collingwood in Round 24 that makes them miss the finals would do me nicely.
This would be lovely.

We aren’t winning any flags this year, but I’ve oddly enjoyed the last two weeks. While I’m devastated for Trac out for his injuries, in some ways I think it’s given some growth opportunities that our unimaginative coaching group wouldn’t have risked.

With Trac out, a different Oliver to how he was prior and then Gawn going down I thought we were stuffed, but it gave other players the opportunity to step up and I really enjoyed watching it. I got seriously soaked though. I didn’t bring waterproof stuff, and when it pissed down I couldn’t go undercover because we were getting the upper hand and if I’d moved it could have messed with our luck or some shit

This would be lovely.

We aren’t winning any flags this year, but I’ve oddly enjoyed the last two weeks. While I’m devastated for Trac out for his injuries, in some ways I think it’s given some growth opportunities that our unimaginative coaching group wouldn’t have risked.

With Trac out, a different Oliver to how he was prior and then Gawn going down I thought we were stuffed, but it gave other players the opportunity to step up and I really enjoyed watching it. I got seriously soaked though. I didn’t bring waterproof stuff, and when it pissed down I couldn’t go undercover because we were getting the upper hand and if I’d moved it could have messed with our luck or some shit
Agreed.

Good to see you, dear friend :love:

Agreed.

Good to see you, dear friend :love:
You too Scythe

How good is Judd McVee though? Such a surprise. I might have this wrong through not paying enough attention to the seconds, but I feel as though he snuck onto our AFL list when he hadn’t been singled out as likely to do so by our VFL-watching posters? I think they know their stuff, so I assume he had a massive pre-season away from public eyes.

Since day one he has ranged between “this kid looks like he has it” to “we’ve really found one here”. Yesterday he was outstanding. Really classy skills plus composure in his decision-making. And guts and dare. I love him almost as much as I love Clayton Oliver and that is a vast and abject love.

I was sad when Hibbo retired, but we’ve found one that fills the gap and more. I also love that McVee can beat an opponent 6 inches taller.

You too Scythe

How good is Judd McVee though? Such a surprise. I might have this wrong through not paying enough attention to the seconds, but I feel as though he snuck onto our AFL list when he hadn’t been singled out as likely to do so by our VFL-watching posters? I think they know their stuff, so I assume he had a massive pre-season away from public eyes.

Since day one he has ranged between “this kid looks like he has it” to “we’ve really found one here”. Yesterday he was outstanding. Really classy skills plus composure in his decision-making. And guts and dare. I love him almost as much as I love Clayton Oliver and that is a vast and abject love.

I was sad when Hibbo retired, but we’ve found one that fills the gap and more. I also love that McVee can beat an opponent 6 inches taller.
I was the only person who saw it coming voting for Judd as best 22 last year... still angry at Goody for not going with the Max, Grundy, Verrall and Farris-White midfield, we'd be reigning premiers.

Screen Shot 2024-07-14 at 9.10.36 pm.png

..but yes, he is seriously good, the strides hes taken since that first season in the VFL are insane, even from last year, I kind of expected him to plateau a bit on what we saw in 2023 but he just keeps getting better and better.

I was the only person who saw it coming voting for Judd as best 22 last year... still angry at Goody for not going with the Max, Grundy, Verrall and Farris-White midfield, we'd be reigning premiers.

View attachment 2048583

..but yes, he is seriously good, the strides hes taken since that first season in the VFL are insane, even from last year, I kind of expected him to plateau a bit on what we saw in 2023 but he just keeps getting better and better.
And now I’m angry with not going with the Max, Grundy, Verrall and Farris-White midfield!

I’m not as sure as you it would make us reigning premiers, but I would think seeing it would definitely be one for the diary

And now I’m angry with not going with the Max, Grundy, Verrall and Farris-White midfield!

I’m not as sure as you it would make us reigning premiers, but I would think seeing it would definitely be one for the diary
If I could turn back time id have chosen Luke Dunstan over Bailey Laurie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2048583

Rivers not even an option 😭

If I could turn back time id have chosen Luke Dunstan over Bailey Laurie.
If you have the power to turn back time then surely you might also have the power to present some other options?

If you have the power to turn back time then surely you might also have the power to present some other options?
If I could go back in time I'd go back to 2007 with a copy of one of those 'WHO THE DEMONS COULD HAVE PICKED' articles from 2013 or so and slip it into Prendergast's mailbox.

Looking over the 2021 draft , its got some elite talent at the top but McVee and JVR would absolutely be top 4 to 7 picks. I think Daicos, Darcy and JHF go top 3 then you could make a case for any of McVee, JVR, Callaghan or Andrew with Mitch Owens and Amiss probably next best.

Dont give Clarry that long a contract, rest Gus for the first final vs the Pies, tell Max not to say anything about doing it again next year at the premiership party, sack Goody after the 2021 flag.

Done GIF by Quizizz

Dont give Clarry that long a contract, rest Gus for the first final vs the Pies, tell Max not to say anything about doing it again next year at the premiership party, sack Goody after the 2021 flag.

Done GIF by Quizizz
For the last part, you’ve just copied me. I suggested at some stage in 2021 that we should try and win the premiership AND sack the coach. I must find that post. It was one of the great BF ideas and basically would have made everyone happy

So much pain and misfortune could have been avoided if someone had told Roffey to just hold the elevator door for Bartlett.
I was literally talking to someone about this 30 minutes before you posted.

I think the real damage was done when Gil McLachan leaned to his right in a selfie. Corruption.

I was literally talking to someone about this 30 minutes before you posted.

I think the real damage was done when Gil McLachan leaned to his right in a selfie. Corruption.
One of the all time great footy photos
1720958221979.jpeg

You too Scythe

I watch a bit of the VFL, he left no impression on me. Was instantly a different player in the 23 preseason.

McVee this week was like vintage Jetta in the beating talls department. Nev was still doing so in the VFL last season!

Random statistical observations:

Both teams kicked 5.0 in the final quarter
That was the 3rd time we've kicked 5.0 in a final quarter this year
We didn't kick any behinds in the 2nd half, similar to the Roos game
We're 8 wins and 2 losses without Max since 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back