Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you have no idea do you? This board is great for a laugh, that's about it.

Really...is that because hes a good marking forward flanker who only converst at 47% and is basically the same age as Green? ROK may shade him in marking but fails as a real goalkicker.

You are good for a laugh mate...keep em coming and we'll all keep chuckling.

Why not offer Port - Green, Rivers & Pick 17 for Pick 4 & 22??
They get Green, Rivers & jump their second rounder 5 places to give up Pick 4?
I'd be very happy with that from a Melbourne point of view & it gives Port another quality defender & a bit of class around half forward.

Why not offer Port - Green, Rivers & Pick 17 for Pick 4 & 22??
They get Green, Rivers & jump their second rounder 5 places to give up Pick 4?
I'd be very happy with that from a Melbourne point of view & it gives Port another quality defender & a bit of class around half forward.

You have got to be kidding. How is that a good trade from Melbourne's perspective? Take pick 17 out of the equation, then maybe. But we are giving up two proven quality players for a speculative pick.

Brad Green won't be playing in Melbourne's next finals assault & if we are listening to offers he's obviously expendable.
Jared Rivers is a gun backman but has been plagued by injury. If he gets cut down again in '09 his value will be as much as an out of date packet of ham.
That would give us 2 of the first 4 picks. (Roughead & Franklin)
Its no good getting rid of just Green for pick 20 odd. Throw in a couple of carrots & feature early in a star studded draft.
With Pick 1, 4, 19 & 22 we could rebuild for the future. Possibly throw in Warnock via the PSD & the future doesn't look so grim.

Brad Green won't be playing in Melbourne's next finals assault & if we are listening to offers he's obviously expendable.
Jared Rivers is a gun backman but has been plagued by injury. If he gets cut down again in '09 his value will be as much as an out of date packet of ham.
That would give us 2 of the first 4 picks. (Roughead & Franklin)
Its no good getting rid of just Green for pick 20 odd. Throw in a couple of carrots & feature early in a star studded draft.
With Pick 1, 4, 19 & 22 we could rebuild for the future. Possibly throw in Warnock via the PSD & the future doesn't look so grim.

Why would Port give up pick 4 for 2 average players and an upgrade of a mid-tier pick? Port are loaded with solid-to-decent players. Pick 4 gives them the choice of a potential star.

To get an a-standard pick, you have to give up something of roughly equivalent value in its own right. Green is a good but unspectacular player. His fair value is a pick between 20 and 25. Rivers is also a good but unspectacular player - his fair value is also a pick between 20 and 25. Would anyone trade pick 4 for picks 17, 22 and 24? Maybe someone like Freo, who have had a heap of retirements and players walking out, and need to fill their list with decent talent. But Port have plenty of decent players, they need a star of two to rebuild around - having picks 4 and 22 gives them a far better shot at that than Green, Rivers and pick 17 would...

Port need a key backman. Rivers fills that hole.
Apart from Motlop who plays deep they lack a smaller lead up forward. Who IMO is one of if not the best shot for goal in the comp. Other aspects of his game are dubious but his skills have never been questioned.
Port played in last years GF. They obviously have a talented list. hut by the time Pick 4 & 22 burst onto the scene Cornes & Burgoyne brothers will be gone. Rivers, Green & J Carr could launch them back into the finals.
This is all speculative. Pick 4 mite not even be on offer. Could just be Choco being a wank. An art he has perfected over the years

In terms of trading Green the club holds all the cards, either Melbourne get something suitable for him or he goes into the PSD and Melbourne pick him up with Pick 1 in the PSD.

It's great Melbourne can't get screwed by him even though I doubt he'd do that to the club.

So far, in various threads, to show they are not going to get screwed, in draft negotiations Melbourne are to use their first pick in the PSD on Green, Prismall & Warnock. :confused:

Give you pick 28 for Green.
Would fit in nicely running through the mid with the odd stint up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer if we kept Green personally, but
If he left it wouldn't bother me all that much.
He is like 27 now anyway, so unless we can
challenge for a flag in three or 4 years, it
might be pointless staying. Might be better off
getting some more draft selections.

Green is worth an early second rounder.
Take into account what clubs have given up for players in previous years (Johnstone for #14, McMahon for for #18-ish) and he's worth around pick Pick 15, then take into acoound the depth of this years draft and it takes him back up to around Pick 25 with his good 2008 form bringing him back to around 22.

For all those saying he is soft, switch the 2004 tapes with the 2008 ones and it will become quite obvious he is no longer soft. Also his versatility is a big plus, can play midfield, can play the Luke Hodge role across half back providing plenty of run and good kicking skills while he can also play as a lead up forward or closer to goal.

And for the Carlton bloke saying a trade for Houlihan, you've just proved yourself as one of the least knowlegable football people in the country. Also there is no way a Green - Boyle swap will happen and the other Carlton buy about Saddington, Ackland etc. your just a ********.

I wonder what Collingwood could offer, I imagine our 2nd pick would probably not be enough on its own and the Dees wouldnt want someone like shaw. What about the Pies' picks #29 + #45 for Green + #51

I wonder what Collingwood could offer, I imagine our 2nd pick would probably not be enough on its own and the Dees wouldnt want someone like shaw. What about the Pies' picks #29 + #45 for Green + #51
Has to be a sub 20 pick for mine, that late draft pick swap doesn't do enough for me.

He has durability (for at least the next 3 seasons then more), versatility (midfield, drifting back across half back, forward line) and you don't have to worry about any off field or on field issues.

For sides trying to win a flag in the next 3 years I feel you won't be disappointed with Green for pick 14-20.

All that said, I'd like to keep him.

Brad Green is one of those guys that Melbourne must offload now while they can still get something decent for him.

He's in the basket along with guys like Yze and White, along with Ward, Nathan Brown, Wheatley, Whelan etc who are all fairly useless as senior players and not going to take the club anywhere upwards.

They have already done the right thing by cutting most of those guys, and trading Green is a brilliant move.

Bruce and Robbo are pretty much the only two senior (old) players worth keeping.

Brad Green is one of those guys that Melbourne must offload now while they can still get something decent for him.

He's in the basket along with guys like Yze and White, along with Ward, Nathan Brown, Wheatley, Whelan etc who are all fairly useless as senior players and not going to take the club anywhere upwards.

They have already done the right thing by cutting most of those guys, and trading Green is a brilliant move.

Bruce and Robbo are pretty much the only two senior (old) players worth keeping.
If we had our way, at least one of those last two names mentioned would be on their bike too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back