Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that some clubs (Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, North) could be willing to get a deal done that Freo will accept. Mind you, I still think the Saints will get a deal done.

Dodoro & Silvani 🤣👌 leaves room.

Melbourne, North ahhh No.....

Nobody wants him for that price the best deal on the table was St Kildas almost 99.9% positive it's the best deal any club will offer this trade period

Everyone bar a Freo supporter can see it's so completely unreasonable that it's comical.
The post was about the hypocrisy of the media, such as Matthew Lloyd saying it's unreasonable for Fremantle to want suitable compensation for a contracted player yet urging Essendon to stay strong on wanting suitable compensation for a contracted player.

However Trade week is about unreasonable deals.

Is a perpetually injured Joe Daniher worth 2 1st round picks? I don't think so

Is an uncontracted Tim Kelly worth 2 1st round picks + 2nd round picks? I don't think so but West Coast were too scared to let him go into the draft.

Was Lachie Weller worth pick 2? No way

Brad Hill's trade value is effectively determined by how badly St Kilda wants to leverage him out of a contract with 2 years left on it. Personally I think 2 1st rounders is over.

St Kilda made it clear they intended to move fast on the Hill deal to move onto further trades & subsequently offered a very reasonable deal with no messing about of pick 6 & future 3rd which is being discussed by neutrals as overs if anything else.

Fremantle / Bell don’t operate in the reasonable space & want to win trades. That’s an OK short term strategy however longterm it has reputational damage amongst the entire football industry including player managers.

The next offer by St Kilda will be pick 12 & a future 2nd. Yes, 6 moves down to 12 however the 3rd moves up to a 2nd. Again, it’s a fair deal.

I strongly suspect Lethlean & Gubby anticipated Bell playing hard ball attempting to ‘win the trade’ thus always thought the pick swap with the Giants would happen & then they could maximise pick 6 for other trades & still get Hill for less.

It’s a lesson for Bell to act professionally, this isn’t a time to play games, you are playing with adults with a lot of industry experience & connections.

Gubby Allen goes to auctions knowing the reserve price. He along with Lethlean have played Bell to perfection. I find it strange that Fremantle supporters are not upset at Bell, I would be if the shoe was on the other foot.

Deal still gets done however for less. Bookmark pick 12, future 2nd & possibly a player as a salary dump.
Not sure why we would be upset with Bell? It was incumbent St Kilda to get a deal done. Fremantle makes an offer, unreasonable or otherwise, St Kilda effects a pick trade with GWS, Brad Hill stays. If that is the end result we are happy with that. Understood?

Knowing plenty of Freo fans I can tell you they aren't all happy. They put on a show in here and pretend they are winning as though it's some kind of game. The level headed ones realise they've missed a great opportunity to hit the draft with 6 and 7 and not have to worry about a Henry bid until later.
Mate, I am pretty level headed and have no concerns how this is playing out. I am not going to get upset over something we never had. Pleased to keep what we did have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the trade goes through in a few days most people will forget the posturing that's been going on now.

Freo are handling this pretty well I reckon. They'll either win big in the trade or end up with an unhappy player still on their list. Up to them which it is but I think Freo's management are certainly doing the right thing for their club.
A couple of tweeks to your post from me.

Hill's anger would be towards St Kilda for failing to get a deal done despite committing to him. It is hardly a big unknown that Fremantle would be asking for top dollar in terms of trade value and they clearly haven't been capable of seeing that.

Hill's reason for a trade request is pretty lame, especially when compared to say McCarthy, Ablett or Kelly. The compelling aspect looks for all the world like dollars, which was always going to happen when he signed a front loaded contract at his last Fremantle contract extension. The club has zero pressure to accept anything below a great trade deal here.

The club has also been clear that their preference is to keep Hill. With the Saints inability to get a deal done (again) and thereby dudding him of up to $1 million, I would think Fremantle will be negotiating a contract extension which will go some way to addressing this. Renegotiate his current contract to say 4 years at $800K and his partner may be feeling a lot less homesick. Plus can commit to considering future trade proposals if a suitable trade is tabled.

Again, really good list management and trade negotiations by Bell.

It seems like a purely business move by Freo to be honest. Word on the street is that BHill took a heavily front loaded contract, got the bulk of the funds and now it's looking better on the other side of the fence with a pile of cash on offer. I'm sure his partner wants to move but we have invested a fair amount in Brad and if the Cats can keep Kelly with his family situation then ethically I have no issue with having Brad honour his contract for another year.

#5 and #9 for Hill and our two 2020 second round picks.
So far you have told us he was going to go to North, Hawthorn and Melbourne which has turned out to be bullshit.

Now you are telling us that Essendon are going to give up two top 10 picks for him.

Give the trolling a rest. You'd expect more from a mod.

Ahhhh... did you even read the post you’re responding to?

Haha you going to go to another Victorian side and say you can have hill for a better deal lol because he is taking less money.

Or wait you knocked St Kildas pick 6 back because we don't want better we just don't know what we want until day 10 of the trade period c'mon mate lift

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back