Brad Scott has been a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott's issues, including his stubbornness and complaining at umpires are obvious. But you can't do much about shit decision-making, which North players show again and again. 30 seconds to go in a match and one of your players bombs the ball in the vicinity of the opposition ruck. Baffling.

Pretty much sums it up tbh, Scott aint the problem. We just need cooler heads when the flow is against us, nothing major just experience. I hope we're a little like Essendon and Richomd were last year.....lower than they shouldve been. But hey the comp keeps tightening every year, so who knows.

You have me there ;) But lets be honest, their game plan is to run forward at all costs, and when it comes off. Any team can look good.

Exactly. I could also ask you, how many players were rated at Essendon under Knights? Watson and Fletcher, maybe Ryder? Look at the cattle from under Knights, there are about 5 or 6 different players in the 22 than under him (Hibberd, Bellchambers, Goddard, Crameri, Kommer and Carlisle) and look how much better the club is

Exactly. I could also ask you, how many players were rated at Essendon under Knights? Watson and Fletcher, maybe Ryder? Look at the cattle from under Knights, there are about 5 or 6 different players in the 22 than under him (Hibberd, Bellchambers, Goddard, Crameri, Kommer and Carlisle) and look how much better the club is
I would argue Essendon's team under Knights had much better talent than North. Did you notice the injury list your mob had at times when he was in charge. Who's missing from North?

I just cant understand how anyone can say he is not the problem, he lets Goldstein die out on his own every week, if he cant see something as simple as this what hope do we have of seeing him develop a brand of 2 way footy?

Players will make mistakes, these things happen, they appear to be frontrunners because this is how they are taught to play!

Pretty much sums it up tbh, Scott aint the problem. We just need cooler heads when the flow is against us, nothing major just experience. I hope we're a little like Essendon and Richomd were last year.....lower than they shouldve been. But hey the comp keeps tightening every year, so who knows.
Scott is the problem, just not the whole problem. The only clubs that get away with 3 tall forwards are WCE (Darling very mobile), Essendon (ditto Crameri) and the Hawks with Roughy and Franklin athletic freaks. Also I don't know how much emphasis he's put on his recruiters to get good small defenders, but it's not enough. However, you're right in apportioning a stack of blame on the players who go into their shells when things go against them.

I would argue Essendon's team under Knights had much better talent than North. Did you notice the injury list your mob had at times when he was in charge. Who's missing from North?

Not really. I would contend that Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington and Bastinac could be as good as Watson, Hocking, Myers and Howlett. Really, the only difference is Stanton is thrice the player Gibson is

They were probably a little too hasty extending him to such a long contract

That is a generous assessment. Even at the time it was stupid. Nobody was trying to poach him!!! And now they've got a dodgy coach with three seasons left on his contract.

Their members should be abusing James Brayshaw over this.

Agree with many of the sentiments here. They really are flat track bullies. They beat teams like Western Bulldogs, St Kilda, Brisbane (first time played them) more impressively than the top 5 teams often do. But they fall short against quality opponents. And they fall short when a teams comes to play (Gold Coast). Scott is forever winging - if he isn't the main problem he is at least part of it.

Scott is the problem, just not the whole problem. The only clubs that get away with 3 tall forwards are WCE (Darling very mobile), Essendon (ditto Crameri) and the Hawks with Roughy and Franklin athletic freaks. Also I don't know how much emphasis he's put on his recruiters to get good small defenders, but it's not enough. However, you're right in apportioning a stack of blame on the players who go into their shells when things go against them.
Our forward line isn't the issue, its the defensive accountability of our mids and Scott's stupid rotation policy with Goldstein. Otherwise largely spot on.

That is a generous assessment. Even at the time it was stupid. Nobody was trying to poach him!!! And now they've got a dodgy coach with three seasons left on his contract.

Their members should be abusing James Brayshaw over this.

Don't you know - the AFL corporate world functions differently to the rest of the corporate and business world. The best team management employees (coaches) in the AFL sphere are always the untried ones without experience. In fact experience is bad - Malthouse case in example - his record logically has reached its peak thus he is obsolete- silly Carrrlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

north is a good team... but two years in a row injury free no top 4 due to no defensive bone in their dna the coach has to go.. only imo
this team is dynamite...need a ruck big bodied mid to compliment swallow and ziebell and a defender general... north ARE better than their ladder position.

need a ruck big bodied mid to compliment swallow and ziebell and a defender general... north ARE better than their ladder position.

They drafted a mature age ruck in Currie. Doesn't get a look in.

Cunnington plays like a big bodied mid but doesn't do enough.

Guess Firrito was their defensive general, but that is not saying much.

They are simply not that good. Had a good young list but that list has not taken the next step.

Eh, Essendon under Knights were pretty average. Their midfield was comprised of Watson, Stanton, Winderlich, Howlett, Lonergan, Prismall, Hocking and Melksham. That's a pretty poor midfield, and lacks the talent of Goddard, Heppell, Myers and Zaharakis, which has either come later or in Zaharakis' case, developed post-Knights. Even with Lovett, it's still a poor midfield. And by the way, this isn't the Watson we currently see, Watson under Knights was good, but not top ten good.

Their forwardline was essentially Monfries, Davey, Gumbleton and Zaharakis playing on a flank. Maybe this means Knights deserved more time, but the gameplan was rotten. North have some good kids, Cunnington and Black themselves are better than nearly all of the players in the Knights era.

Eh, Essendon under Knights were pretty average. Their midfield was comprised of Watson, Stanton, Winderlich, Howlett, Lonergan, Prismall, Hocking and Melksham. That's a pretty poor midfield, and lacks the talent of Goddard, Heppell, Myers and Zaharakis, which has either come later or in Zaharakis' case, developed post-Knights. Even with Lovett, it's still a poor midfield. And by the way, this isn't the Watson we currently see, Watson under Knights was good, but not top ten good.

Their forwardline was essentially Monfries, Davey, Gumbleton and Zaharakis playing on a flank. Maybe this means Knights deserved more time, but the gameplan was rotten. North have some good kids, Cunnington and Black themselves are better than nearly all of the players in the Knights era.
Howlett's first year was Hird's first year IIRC

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Scott has been a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back