Brad Scott has been a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

If North finish outside the top 8 this season (which is likely) then they need to have a full on Footy Dept review done by their CEO like Geelong did in 2006. This might help determine what is holding them back as a club and make changes that could see them become a top 6 team next season.

I don't think you can blame Scotty for his team being mentally weak

You can blame him for having absolutely no defensive structures for 4 years in a row

He has the structures, the question is why the players don't effect them when told to.

Cam Ling verified as much.

We need onfield leadership.

He has the structures, the question is why the players don't effect them when told to.

Cam Ling verified as much.

We need onfield leadership.

Swallow not doing his job, or his peers not respecting him enough?

I find it odd that a guy like Wells who even struggles to talk to the players as a group is in the leadership group. I think the club has to get around that good player doesn't equal good leader.

Leaders lead. While I think Ben and Jack have the potential to be good leaders, I want to see them actually take charge out there, and I don't necessarily mean star when the chips are down but organise the team, instruct players who have lost their shit to focus on the basics to lift their intensity and hold up the opposition and stop them getting easy possession.

We let Brisbane kick 18 goals... Brisbane. They have one forward on his last legs. I don't care as much if we are beaten by better sides who played great footy but they aren't a great side and they played awful football until we put the cue in the rack. Our intensity dropped off well before they started to play well.

If we aren't a great side, then what does that make you? considering we beat you

If we aren't a great side, then what does that make you? considering we beat you

Good point. As mentioned many times in previous posts. North are a one dimensional team (no plan B), capable of some very very good footy at times, but for some reason likely to fold under real pressure. I dont know whose role it is to instill some mongrel into the team but whowever it is , they aint doing there job.
If North cant produce the goods soon with their list then I fear that it will be like the 80's , which was way different to the 70's & 90's.

get Carey back at North for some role (not wife swapping before the trolls!) . If he cant teach them then no one can.

North's list is quite good; that isn't the problem.

No - their list contains players who could POTENTIALLY be good.

Ziebells, Cunningtons, Atleys...Particularly Ziebell, who much like Shaun Higgins should be an out and out star by now, yet for whatever reason is not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we showed we have more than one forward now. Voss has finally developed a game plan that involves more than kick the ball to Brown when going inside 50. We've also beaten much better sides than your lot this season.

North are soft, mentally and physically. Look at the last quarter and North Melbourne were behaving the same way as Melbourne were down at Geelong in the wet. I also have real concerns about North's fitness levels, to be overrun this many times says something is wrong in the preparation.

Come on, your side is terrible. Brown is on his last legs and McGrath, Hanley, Mayes and Staker aren't going to consistently kick you a score, your KPF stock is woeful which means you will scrounge the odd win against sides that go to sleep but you are not going to consistently win games. Your side can really only shine once the opposition has put the cue in the rack.

North at 6 wins is copping flack as the most disappointing side in 2013, Brisbane at 6 wins is where people expect of Brisbane. If you don't get the difference then discussing it is pointless.

Come on, your side is terrible. Brown is on his last legs and McGrath, Hanley, Mayes and Staker aren't going to consistently kick you a score, your KPF stock is woeful which means you will scrounge the odd win against sides that go to sleep but you are not going to consistently win games. Your side can really only shine once the opposition has put the cue in the rack.

North at 6 wins is copping flack as the most disappointing side in 2013, Brisbane at 6 wins is where people expect of Brisbane. If you don't get the difference then discussing it is pointless.
We're not discussing the relative merits of the sides were are discussing if Brad Scott has been a failure, as I said in the second part of my original response.

North Melbourne are soft, the facts speak for themselves, losing 4 games after leading by more than 5 goals speaks for itself. The question is why, is it just a poor list that people have overrated or is it in the preparation? For mine it is something in the preparation of the side, what happens off-field leads to what happens on field, just look at Port 2012 basket case off-field, basket case on it, 2013 stable off-field much better on it. North don't seem to be having the sort of problems off-field that Port had over the last couple of years or Melbourne are going through, so it then leads to the question what is happening in the football department and that lies with Scott.

Either your leadership group are crap or your coach isn't installing enough discipline into the players, either way some is amiss at Arden St and needs to be fixed before the 2014 season because this year is gone.

err remind me of the scoreline again from the weekend??

I wonder how many would be criticising Brad if he made a whole series of moves after getting a decent lead, and blowing games that way.

Maybe he's too confident in the gameplan holding out, not sure. Last year would have certainly been heartening that our A-Game is as good as any. But this attack at all costs game - it's not working. He's living and dying by one sword.

I think he's learning as a coach. And thanks to our admin signing him up for so long, he's still got a while to learn even more. He played as a dour defender, I wish that he'd draw on that just a little bit so that we can lock games down when we need to. Nobody can attack the way we do for four quarters - no team is that fit.

I'm not going to get into tit-for-tat with other supporters, suffice to say there are plenty of sides I've been impressed with - despite the team vs team stats, Dimma at Richmond is doing a sensational job for one. A lot can change in a year of footy and I'm hoping that by next year I'm sitting here discussing finals. We're clearly not good enough now and if we're not next year, Scotts' abilities to learn, let alone coach, have to be called into serious question.

We're not discussing the relative merits of the sides were are discussing if Brad Scott has been a failure, as I said in the second part of my original response.

North Melbourne are soft, the facts speak for themselves, losing 4 games after leading by more than 5 goals speaks for itself. The question is why, is it just a poor list that people have overrated or is it in the preparation? For mine it is something in the preparation of the side, what happens off-field leads to what happens on field, just look at Port 2012 basket case off-field, basket case on it, 2013 stable off-field much better on it. North don't seem to be having the sort of problems off-field that Port had over the last couple of years or Melbourne are going through, so it then leads to the question what is happening in the football department and that lies with Scott.

Either your leadership group are crap or your coach isn't installing enough discipline into the players, either way some is amiss at Arden St and needs to be fixed before the 2014 season because this year is gone.

I do not disagree with anything you have said about North but it has no relevance to the points I made in the post you quoted. Brisbane isn't any good no matter if they beat teams who switch off, you get to the point where if you start to win then the opposition will take you seriously and put the effort in and Brisbane can't compete on that level. It is much easier to win when you are the hunter and not the hunted.

We are mentally weak because we were not prepared to put the effort in when they believed the opposition didn't warrant the effort. It is why we switch off when we get to 30-40 point leads against good sides, or sometimes do not come out with the intent to play the game plan against the weaker sides because they can win those games without the effort.

We should have coasted to a 10 goal plus win and that was even coming out half-arsed, because when we went forwards our KPFs shat all over Brisbane, if they couldn't kick for shit then probably not that much. That is how far off we are mentally.

We don't have the leadership like Geelong does where they can usually snap out of lethargy, our current leaders do not deserve to lead at present because they are not showing any leadership qualities on ground and that is a poor reflection on them. Too many guys who cop tags aren't prepared to work hard enough, even if you do not get the ball there is a lot of defensive things you can do to help the side.

Scott is a poor coach at present because these massive lapses are occurring frequently under his watch and he keeps picking the players who let him and the club down week after week. After a certain point you can no longer blame the players and you have to blame the people who keep selecting the players.

tumblr_mm681qNocA1qfrw7to1_400.gif

They said Brad, relax Chris, r e l a x.

A brilliant impersonation of Slimer from Ghostbusters

I believe they will be a decent side in a year or two, they've got a lot to like. But I'm not sure that Scott is on the right track by claiming that this brand of footy will win finals. He may be right, but I can't see it at the moment (and I've coached one year of amateurs and my team didn't finish last - so I know what I'm talking about :p).

No - their list contains players who could POTENTIALLY be good.

Ziebells, Cunningtons, Atleys...Particularly Ziebell, who much like Shaun Higgins should be an out and out star by now, yet for whatever reason is not.

Shaun Higgins March 1988, Age 25, 109 games. Jack Ziebell Feb 1991, Age 22, 74 games. Jack has a couple more years up his sleeve if you want to compare him to higgins. I normally dont post on forums but this had to be said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Scott has been a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back