Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

There was talk he wanted a fresh start at the particular time this thread came out- think he was off to Melbourne who had shown interest but then he changed his mind.

Thank Goodness that didn’t happen. He finally got a consistent run at footy after the injuries he had early. To say he “isn’t flashy but gets the job done” is probably the wrong description; he has decent foot skills as well & has some pace. But the amount of times he comes up against taller, stronger opponents & beats them is just remarkable.
I never heard anything about this. Was it mentioned in this thread, or inside info?

I never heard anything about this. Was it mentioned in this thread, or inside info?
He has said in interviews that Simpson gave him a clearly defined role to play. Prior to that , Woosha had been putting him around randomly and his confidence dropped. Outstanding player, thankfully he didn't go to Melbourne FC at the time..say that because I'm not a fan of their development credentials. He might have just disappeared, (wasted talent). Simpson making his mark on the squad and the coaching staff he wants,
Apologies to the Dean Cox stoppage supporters out there.
Sam Mitchell....masterstroke by Simmo

Has to be considered apart of our A graders. Criminally underrated outside of the club. While he is in AA form I doubt he’ll be named for the reason of being underrated.

Is there any chance Sheppard could roll through the midfield?

I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. Surely he could rotate through there instead of Duggo. Might be better for duggan to just focus on one position much like Shep did a few years ago.

He has said in interviews that Simpson gave him a clearly defined role to play. Prior to that , Woosha had been putting him around randomly and his confidence dropped. Outstanding player, thankfully he didn't go to Melbourne FC at the time..say that because I'm not a fan of their development credentials. He might have just disappeared, (wasted talent). Simpson making his mark on the squad and the coaching staff he wants,
Apologies to the Dean Cox stoppage supporters out there.
Sam Mitchell....masterstroke by Simmo
Woosha is deplorable at developing talent.

I think his best kicks are really well measured passes through the corridor and switching, got an absolutely elite boot. I'd have him up there with Hurn in terms of DE%. He seems very well drilled to run the ball toward the boundary, bring it to ground or send the ball toward Hurn, Gaff or Jetta on the transition off half back. I think we'd be wasting too much of his talent just to get him to sling a chaos ball forward. That said I think he's so talented that, given time, he'd be elite just about anywhere

Chance is doubtful I guess, but I'd love to see it for 10 minutes if we were 100 points in front

Why would you mess with a super defender by running him through the middle? Do people think that "the middle" is the apex that a footballer should be aiming for? He is a legend in defence, leave him there i say.
DARLING TO THE MIDFIELD.

It's pops up every fukcin year regardless of his form

Why would you mess with a super defender by running him through the middle? Do people think that "the middle" is the apex that a footballer should be aiming for? He is a legend in defence, leave him there i say.
Why can't it be a mixture? Players can do more than one thing, surely.

Its too late now and a bit risky considering he has found form after a bad year last year. There's also not much evidence he could transition into that role. For small/mid size defender he doesn't really rack up the footy like a lot small defenders do. If he was finding the footy like Yeo last season or hurn at moment, then it might be worth a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its too late now and a bit risky considering he has found form after a bad year last year. There's also not much evidence he could transition into that role. For small/mid size defender he doesn't really rack up the footy like a lot small defenders do. If he was finding the footy like Yeo last season or hurn at moment, then it might be worth a shot.

Shep was still pretty good last year....

Not sure what bad form you're talking about. Definitely better than most last season.

Disagree. I reckon he's got the awareness to go OK in a different role.

Why can't it be a mixture? Players can do more than one thing, surely.
Not with our defensive unit. Sheppard is often responsible for someone at all times and is literally saving goals every game! He has made so many score saving tackles, or punched a ball over the line in the goal square it's incredible. We have other options to roll through that hurt the defence less than if Shep was to go though there. He has also had a tendency to be fumbly in congestion.

He isn't a Shannon Hurn like kicker of the ball but he has a nice action and gets good contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back